September 17, 2014 | 907 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Blanc Essential - Whitening Modeling Effect Base

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Ariunzaya

Too oily really bad product !!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Brenda1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using their primer for years. Though the price is on the high side, however I am pleased with this product as it doesn't cause me any breakouts. I always pair this with Clinique Loose Powder and it lasts me through the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by jeanjeantata

a great makeup base but not so ideal for oily skin as it doesnt mattify the skin. it is easy to spread out, lightweight and brightens up the face. however, i wouldnt get it again. for the price and effect, i would rather get a korean bb cream which has so much more benefits and at the same time, much cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought it could be the best primer for me since I love Chanel conceler and its Aqua foundation. However, I am very disappointed because it is way too white for my light skin tone. Unless u are very pale, otherwise, not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where I bought it in a duty free shop in Asia, the product is called White Essential Base de Teint Whitening Modeling Effect Base. It has a SPF 30 and available in a couple of tints. I got the 20 - Mimosa. Apparently it is specialized for Asian skin, so good for me.

But I am a B40 in Vitalumiere Aqua, so I am quite tan this summer. I am not seeing a whitened effect, I am seeing more of a luminosity effect. The fluid is very watery and light. A very small amount spreads well across the whole face. It makes my feel slightened moistened and very soft.

As I mentioned before, I am using this with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and am liking the paring so far. I don't think the foundation lasts particularly longer because of the base, but it does make the foundation glide easily and smoothly on. I feel that the yellow (really golden) tint of the base comes through the foundation as a slight radiant glow.

Really liking it! Looking forward to seeing how it performs in super dry cold winter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by banababba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have rebought this product twice(going through third bottle). It does what it says on the bottle. It is whitening which means this is better for winter than for summer. It has a smooth finish maybe just slightly oily finish but it isn't excessive. It lasts me about 1 year because I do not use it during June/July/August. This is my favorite Chanel product. I have this in Rose. I highly recommend this product for NC10~25 skintones, but not for those with darker skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

I have this in Rosee. It is a bit flat white when first apply, and melt into my skintone after a while. I always match this with Chanel Vitalumiere Compact since it doesn't seems to hold my other liquid foundation at all. Won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by erica420

I got a sample of this in Clair (11). I am not a fan of this at all. It leaves la heavy white mask on your face. I tried masking this with foundation, but now I have a whitish glow. I'm not sure about the other colors, but this one does not suit me well

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by brendalhp

Been using this product for 3 years. I pair this product with Chanel Mat Lumiere to increase the coverage and to brighten up my face.

Pros:
- Easy to dispense the required amount
- Texture of the primer makes it easy to apply to face
- No breakouts experienced at all
- Helped to increase coverage when used with Powder Foundation
- Nice scent, not too overwhelming
- Small amount needed to cover face
- Brightens my face [a great difference when I use my Powder Foundation alone]

Cons:
- Expensive
[however as only a small amount is needed to cover my face, a bottle can last me for abt 3 months. BUT STILL, it is expensive compared to other primer brands!!]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kuki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in 10 Rosee. Works great for my (fair asian) skin tone. Brightens my skin and I find my foundation stayed on better (Survived outdoor humidity). Usually I get patchy by mid day but with this base I didn't need to touch up as often. Oil control is kinda good too (I have oily T-zone), my forehead was not an oil slick like usual, only needed to blot once. And it smells great! I tried Mimosa but finds it too yellow and the one with blue tint (can't remember the name) has too much of a shimmer for my liking.
I will love this till a better love comes a long.