October 20, 2014 | 1449 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Retexturizing Peel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I got this peel together with the micro-refiner and they work amazingly! The citrusy smell and the smoothness and glow of my skin after using it really wakes my skin up. If u have an urgent party, date or occasion to attend to, but no time for a facial, this will greatly help! This is the first vitamin c product that really worked for me. I'm interested to try the rest of the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mer0npan

This is such a refreshing peel! There's really not much else to say. I like it because it really helps tighten my skin but I haven't really noticed the "brightening" in action, but then again I don't really notice results like that :/ (My theory is that I see my mug everyday so I don't notices the changes very often unless it's crazily good).

It's a good product and I've been through one a half pot already.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by missyjan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many TBS products over the years, and most of them disappointed me by, well, not doing much at all. There comes one point when I give up on them all together, and I think this is it.
Upon reading the wonderful reviews on MUA, I bought this peel. It hurt when I peeled it off but wasn't too bad. It seemed to have gotten rid of some dry skins on my cheeks.
But two days later my left cheek had all these red spots that got really dry and flakey and became very sensitive! This is the only new product I used and I'm not usually sensitive to any product.
It is still taking time to heal, with some help from my dermalogica multivitamin masque.
But so far as this peel goes, never again. And bye bye TBS.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Arelig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this peel, it smells amazing and dries really quickly. At first I was afriad that when I peeled it off I would pull some of my little baby hairs out, but I didn't! It leaves my skin so smooth, the results are instant. If I have had a long week, or any going out to something important and need to look good, I will use this mask, it's my little secret!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by mitzylindsay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the body shop was having a sale, so i got some stuff. this peel smells super good and does make my skin way smoother!!!! it also claims to reduce pores so i hope i'll be seeing results soon:)

it only took me two scoops to cover my entire face, so even if i ticked yes to buying the product again i prolly won't have to for a long time!!!!!!!! :)

the only thing about the packaging is, i have to remember to store the tub and spatula in the box, if not the spatula will go missing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by canneberges

I always forget that I have this tucked away, but I love it when I find it again. Very clear product, sometimes looks like there's nothing in the tub even when its full! The smell is quite citrus-y, a little overwhelming when in the packaging, but I don't mind it while I have it on. Its a tiny little thing for the price, but it lasts forever (I haven't had mine for 4 months using about twice a month and its still more than half full!). You need very, very little product, just the thinnest cover over your skin will do. I find if I put it on a little thicker by accident it doesn't dry and gets gummy, making it hard to remove.

The peel gets pretty tight after waiting the 10-15 minutes. I like to make a bunch of faces to crack the peel a little bit before I start removing. It does stiing quite a bit coming off, especially anywhere you have a bit of peach fuzz (would be really bad for sensitive skin I think), but as soon as its off that feeling is gone. The stinging doesn't last. I really like this product because it leaves your skin looking simply radiant. I use it whenever I feel like I'm looking dull/lots of flakies, and it completely turns that around and makes you glow. I''ve noticed it fades my spots leftover from old pimples, and doesn't irritate any current ones or break me out. Follow up with a really good moisturizer as it can be a tad drying (especially in the winter).

Will certainly purchase again - if its ever on sale, tad pricey for a student!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product twice every week, until a month ago and it didn't seem any good, but then I applied it after exfoliating my face and wow! My skin was so soft and radiant! I will buy it again and again. And by the way,there is no other exfolatior like Bioderma, and trust me, I' ve tried all high marks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This masks seems to work well to give my skin Vitamin C without overdrying or irritating. I would recommend it to anyone with normal/combination skin. I love the smell, but it might not be so great if you are sensitive to fragrance. As far as brightening goes, I feel like it works, but it could be in my head. Also, my pores feel smaller/tighter each time I use this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had acne and when I saw the word "peel" I thought great! It's just a surface exfoliator. Sticks to your face like glue and peels off already dead/peeling skin but it won't induce shedding or anything like that. And I can't imagine how the vitamin C would beneficial. I can get the same results from a sugar scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I really like this. It's so quick & easy to apply with the handy spatula. Makes my skin feel so soft and clean after use. The tub lasts forever as you don't need to apply much; I've used it weekly since I bought it months ago & still have loads left. Had no problems with my sensitive skin. Would buy this again!