October 23, 2014 | 1642 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Nocto-Calm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. But other Kerastase products have worked wonders, so I'm not down on Kerastase at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Pie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have an itchy, easily irritated scalp. I tried a lot of things, some of them helped me, some not, but this one was the worst I think, beacause it made my scalp more itchy than ever!
The texture is light, the pakaging is beautyfull, but I can't understand how can the soothing product enclose alcohol? It's on the first place in the ingredients list! And I think my reaction was on the alcohol.
I tried this concentrate with a Kerastase soothing shampoo, it didn't work for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by villen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a scalp serum that claims to soothe irritated scalps. For some reason it's marketed for use at night, but I don't see why it couldn't be used any time.

I've always had a somewhat easily irritated scalp and can't use harsh hair products, but after I used the John Frieda curl spray, my scalp went absolutely mad, itchy and flaky. It looked like I had severe dandruff. Very uncomfortable, very unattractive.

I switched to the Kerastase dandruff shampoo for dry hair/scalp, which did help a bit and left my hair looking absolutely gorgeous, but there was still some itchiness and dry flakes when I tried this about 2 weeks ago.

Well, that worked! The effect was instant. The dry, itchy feeling disappeared at once, and so did the flakes.

Next time I washed my hair, i did not apply this right after, because I wanted to see how well the effect lasted. And I am very impressed. Have not seen one single flake since I first used this. NOT ONE. Have no idea whether it would work for true dandruff, (most likely not) but wow, it's amazing what it did to my dry flakes! (And they must have looked just as bad to the rest of the world as true dandruff does). It also really soothes the scalp, the effect is instant and lasting (on me).

The price is a bit steep, but in my case I definitely found it was worth it. Could not be more satisfied with this product.