L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Shimmering Body Lotion

2.7

on 8/29/2014 7:03:00 AM

PROS:
non-existant

CONS:
doesn't moisturize at all
sticky
smells like plastic
shimmers

on 1/18/2013 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I adore this product - although I liked the Cherry Blossom Shower Gel, I said I wouldn't buy it again because I thought 13 was too much for a shower gel, but I'm happy enough to spend 18 on this because it is such a beautiful, light, yet very moisturizing body lotion. It does have a shimmer to it, so some people might not like it but I personally love it and often wear it on nights out in place of tan because it makes my skin look beautiful and luminous! It also smells divine. The only downside is the packaging, I find it impossible to get it out of the dispenser at the top, as does my mum - however it's only a minor thing!

on 11/16/2012 10:00:00 AM

I think Cherry Blossom Shimmering Body Lotion is the best moisturiser that I have come across in a long time. It simply loves my skin. As soon as I have applied my skin radiates with health and the glow that it gives my skin is unbelievable. The smoothness of my skin is pretty noticeable now. I love it and can't live without it now!

on 4/4/2011 9:18:00 AM

I am addicted to everything that smells like cherry blossom, so I forked over the money for this. I really like it; the smell is strong but not overpowering, and the shimmer is really subtle. The lotion is thick and rubs in very nicely, not greasy at all.

i honestly dont know how to describe the scent of this product. i had bought the body shop's japanese cherry blossom body puree and body mist, so when i smelt this product i had the body shop's version in mind. NOTHING like the body shop's version. l'occitanes cherry blossom is creamy, woody, floral, smoky and sweet all at the same time! its a truly unique scent. when i first smelt it, i admit i wasnt too fond of it but i received a sample and it slowly grew on me. i like how it gives a lovely discreet shimmer (rather than an obvious unnatural glitter that alot of 'shimmer' lotions do) and the smell is long lasting and wafts around with me throughout the day.
because most girls my age are still into your mass-produced overly sweet vanilla offerings, i find this scent to be unique and it makes me stand out. i dont know if ill repurchase simply because id rather spend my money on l'occitanes rose 4 reine stuff, but i do like this product.

on 7/6/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lotion is very moisturizing and leaves a soft shimmer - no glitter- on your skin. The scent is potent and lasts a very long time. This is nice if you like it, because after a while I found it nauseating. It smells like a an out door produce stand in July -- vegetal, bordering on rot.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a huge bottle of this and was surprised to find that I didn't care for it, especially when I adore the EdT so much! This, surprisingly, smells synthetic, doesn't moisturize well, and it rather gritty (hence the shimmer). Also, when I had about 1/3 amount of product left, the plastic bottle actually broke, kind of shattering, in its mid-section. This struck me as very odd for such a quality product line. I really cannot say I was better off when it came to product layering by using this product. Will not repurchase!!

on 8/21/2009 11:59:00 AM

Compared to the fragrance, this lotion smells very synthetic and very powdery on me, not to mention that it left my skin rather dry - it's not moisturizing at all. I didn't care for the shimmering particles. Overall, great disappointment.

on 3/24/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got a travel sized bottle of this and have honestly only used it maybe twice. It doesn't do much in the way of moisturising but it does give you that shimmery look and smells great. Having said that, if you really like the Fleurs de Cerisier scent and want a body moisturiser, I would suggest that look for better moisturiser and just get the EDT or the solid perfume instead.

on 2/20/2009 7:13:00 PM

This whole range smels wonderful, and I couldn't help trying it out. Shower gel is ok, but the moisturizer doesn't do the job, the smell stays but the skin is dry. Expected more from 'natural' and overpriced cosmetics.