April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Josie Maran product. No harsh chemicals, no parabens, no fragrance, no problem. I have the pink one. It has a lot of pigment so I like to put little on me. The case is beautiful, so high class. I put with my Sigma brush and voila.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I love Josie Maran products (though she does come out with duds, like her mascara), and have several that are just amazing. But Passion is my first JM blush and--WHOA. That's exactly what I said when I swept this across my cheek. This is seriously pigmented powder. Anyone who says it's not is probably medium-to-dark skinned. Passion is a cooler pink, though on me it's peachier than it would be on most people, since my skin is so cool and pale it's almost transparent. This is the blush I wanted MAC Well-Dressed to be, and it's the same price and size with MUCH better packaging and pigmentation. I actually have to skip my blush brush and use a small contouring brush to apply this or the application is way too heavy. Unfortunately, if you fall into anything darker than light-to-medium this is probably not for you, which is too bad :( I'll shoot Josie an email and tell her we need more colors, especially for darker-skinned ladies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure I even liked peach blush until I tried this. This blush is just so pretty! I feel pretty wearing it. It's definitely peach but with just a hint of pink, very soft and flattering on my extremely fair yellow-toned skin. The texture is soft and blendable, just pigmented enough but not so much that it's hard to work with. It seems almost foolproof. I just sweep a fluffy brush across it, dust it onto the apples of my cheeks, and I'm left with a lovely peachy-pink glow that lasts almost all day, and for quite a long time if I use primer.

The packaging is minimalist and lovely, the amount you get is a lot for the price, and it's caused no sensitivity for me so far. My cheeks even seem softer when I wash it off at night! I find myself reaching for this quite often...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by L7412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade "Passion". Wanted to love it, but just not pigmented enough. The colour is a cool toned pink. I thought while I was in Sephora that the colour showed up on my cheeks, but when I got home I was disappointed that in normal (non-crazy bright, flattering, sephora lighting) room light it does not show up at all.

The packaging is beautiful. It look luxurious in its golden square package. It has a nice weight to it and makes a nice click when you shut it. For only $20, it looks and feels like a much more expensive product. Next to my plastic Mac blush container, it looks like a million bucks! It also comes with a mirror. Love the package. Too bad the contents are not pigmented enough for me =(

Also, it smells nice. That's another luxurious touch that I adore. You open the case, the light bounces off the mirror, the blush looks smooth and you get the soft fragrance of flowers. Seriously, can you tell how much I want to love this blush?!! Sigh.

EDIT: 3 months later....
I like it now. I still think it's not pigmented, but it seems to layer fine and I just use a heavier hand in applying. It give a cute, subtle glow because of the slight shimmer in the blush. So, I don't love it, but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Josie Maran's blushes are simply incredible. They really do not get enough love or attention (especially with Tarte's AC blushes stealing all the accolades). I am currently using the shade named Blossom (soft peach). The reasons I adore this blush so are the following (in no particular order): (1) the blush is healthy and good (!!!) for your skin; (2) it's practically goof-proof as there really is no way for you to end up with a clown-like application when using this; (3) the selection of colors, though extremely limited, is tremendously flattering and so pretty and feminine, particularly on fair-skinned gals; (4) the packaging is very classy and feels very luxe in your hands whilst still allowing JM to uphold its eco-friendly commitment. I have quite oily skin but somehow this blush still manages to cling to dear life on my cheeks. I love it and am so glad I came upon this blush while searching for "Natural Blush" on Sephora. The only suggestion I would make is that the Josie Maran team put out more colors! I would probably buy them all!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the color fever for my fair, neutral skin tone. It just did nothing for me. It looked a little muddy although it's supposed to be a pink/brown....kind of went a little orange. It's a matte which I thought I wanted, but it looks so flat. Guess I want the perfect glowing blush with no sparkles; this just isn't it. Love all of Josie's other products so far, but this one, not so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Josie Maran has great colors! I like both the pink and the peach blushes, and must have deliberated for a good ten minutes before settling on the peach (which is called "Blossom"). It's a delightful color mixed with high-quality shimmer. True to the brand's design philosophy, it's easy to apply this blush with bare fingers, but I recommend using a brush for a lasting effect. Cream blushes don't have a strong reputation for staying power, but this one lasts for six hours and fades gracefully. You'll however need a good foundation for the color to show; it's hard to spread this on bare skin. The only drawback is the casing. The container, though lovely (in Josie Maran's signature rose gold), is too narrow for most blush brushes and also breaks easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by shanhaier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just received this blush (blossom) from Sephora. It looks great. I have very fair skin, and this blush looks great on my face. Staying power is good so far. However, it does have some shimmer and the package doesn't contain a plastic protector. I was wondering if the mirror will get messed later....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by PunkKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this with a GC I had received for Christmas. I went into Sephora looking for a true peach blush. I do have and adore NARS Luster, however I wanted something more "sweet" looking without being pink. Even though I'm cool toned I loathe pink - I can rock rose, coral is cool and peach is lovely, but pink eeks me out - perhaps because I feel it makes me look even more ruddy (and since I became a redhead again, I'm not wild about cool mu with warm hair). Anywho - I was roaming around the store and happened to find myself by the Josie Maran display. I love the fact that it has biodegradable packaging, no bunnies were harmed in the formulation and it is "good" for your skin. I stumbled accross blossom which is a lovely soft peach - no pink, just soft peachy goodness. I bought it and never looked back. Pigmentation is great, I never look like a clown and even though I use a MAC MSFN as my base this does not make it look super powdery on my skin (you know if you use BE how sometimes it looks like layer upon layer of flour is on your face?). I have really been surprised by this line and love everything I have tried thus far (oil, illuminizer, e/s) and would reccomend this blush for LLLs like me who want a soft sweet peach flush on their skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Great pigment. Very easy to blend. Natural looking and long lasting on my oily skin. Love them!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No