SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

fas

on 2/23/2015 12:31:00 PM

i started using SK II FTE since last 2 months. I really want to try the product, because i heard lot of positive effects it has made. After all, alot of people i've known who use SKII FTE, have this clear looking crsytal skin.

Before i comment on the product, i think, i should tell you, a little bit about my skin condition. I have a combination with acne prone skin. Starting from last 2 years, my skin suddenly breaking out of reason. I had lot of pimples, and it really has negative effect on my confidence.:( Since then, i've been trying lot of products, but it doesnt go that well. Most products dry my skin, and it makes things even worse.

And then, after consuming collagen, and use natural way which i applied grapeseed oil onto my face every night, drink lots of water, and think less bout my acne, my face got better day by day. However, the acne marks are all over my face. I lost what it called ' radiance'.

So, im thinking, why not try SKII FTE, plus this year i'll turn 24, so i have to change my skin destiny starting from now on. Hence, I bought it online, from Luxola and after a week, the product safely arrived.

I use the FTE by pour a few drops on my palm and warm in between my hands and next tapping on my face. This is done after clean and toning my face.

The effects:
1-2 weeks :: my face is glowing!! it make my cheeks a bit firmer and plump. It is also soften my skin. Acne marks are also slowly fades.

3-4 weeks : I lost the glowing, and my skin start to breaking out. I believe this is due to purging effect, but i dont have any idea why the purging start on 3rd weeks. hmmm but thinking about the price i has paid, i decided to continue the product. I start to think positively, like you've been having bad acne before, this purging effect is nothing compared to the bad acne i had before. and i also searched online about the purging. A lot of people, has experienced it, some stop it, some cheapskates like me, continue to use it.

5 weeks - till now :: my skin never have been this better. im glad i decided to continue the product and have faith with it. I think, what most important thing to do during the purging phase is have some faith. Now my skin is more radiant, more plump, softer & firmer. Of cos, when that time in a month, i got pimple one or two, but it heals faster and guess what, no red marks are left.!

About the price, even though it is more on the higher side, but it could last you a long time. I used a 75ml bottle, but after 2 months of daily use ( twice daily) i still have half of it. I guess 75ml can last you up to 4 months.

Of i forgot to mention about the texture of the product. Ok, it is watery like texture, the smell is distinctive, but it didnt bothers me,( actually i kinda like the smell), and everytime i apply it on my face, there is coldness sensation i dont know how to put it in words, but it is like you apply water on your face and it is cool. and you'll look and feel fresher afterward. It doesnt feel sticky or dries your skin.

All in all, im really happy with this product and it has lived up to the hype. I dont mind, spending my $$ on this good stuff. I hope in next 10 years of using this my skin would be like Cate Blanchett :DD

on 2/12/2015 4:16:00 AM

I bought it after reading up many reviews on this product. I hate that it is just too pricey. Nevertheless, it does work its "magic" on my skin. Thou it has only been 2 weeks since, but I can see and feel the difference after trying it out!!
I've tried many products in the market, but frankly none really leave much of an impression on me.
Yeah, I know you might be thinking that I am simply exaggerating on this product review, but seriously? AM NOT!!
The past 2 weeks all I did was, wash my face with my usual cleanser, applied an off-the- shelve toner and simply dab this essence onto my face.
And the result? Simply happy with it... My skin seems to be fairer, smoother and I can feel the difference especially around my T-zone (which is pretty oily before this). Oh well, sometimes you just have got to give some to get some, right? (The price I mean)
Even thou it does burned a hole in my wallet, but again if the product works.. then, there is simply nothing to stop me from buying it again.
Am gonna continue with it and probably try out the other facial products too!!
Overall: A BIG Thumbs up!!! (Psst... especially after getting compliments about how my skin seems to be more radiant now.)

on 2/10/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always wanted to try this for years due to the hype - but the price point is crazy! I finally took the plunge with a discount from an e-tailer and have been using it for about two months now.

Claims:
The website states that "spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

My experience:

Just as a background I use the FTE like this: Hada Labo lotion (moisturizing toner) -> SKII FTE -> Hada Labo Milk (moisturizer). It looks and feels like water so I'm always really careful while pouring it out (so expensive!), smooth it all over my face with my palms and pat it down. My skin absorbs it really quickly, which is good because I wouldn't want it to sit there and evaporate away, and doesn't add any time to my routine at all.

1) Spots: I don't really have pigmentation/ sun spots but I do have acne scars. I don't think the FTE really makes a difference to my scars as they are quite bad and would require laser treatments. However, I've definitely noticed that my skin has been fairer and lighter after just a few days of use. No kidding! Even my younger brother, a gamer nerd who will NEVER comment on my skin, said I looked so fair the other day. So I am guessing this will have a positive effect on pigmentation if you have any as it does have an overall lightening effect on skin.

2) Wrinkles: I don't have any deep wrinkles as I'm in my mid 20s, but I do have fine lines under my eyes. Nope, this doesn't do anything for that! Maybe in the long run?

3) Skin texture: I have no idea what a "refined" skin texture should feel like, but using the FTE makes my skin sooooo soft, fresh, and dewy, like baby's skin! It's also really refreshing to use, and I feel that it gives my skin an extra boost of moisture that really gets absorbed.

4) Firmness: I don't really have any issues with firmness so no comment.

5) Radiance: YES! As mentioned in point 1 the most obvious results I got from this product is that my skin is definitely fairer and brighter. Like some reviews I've read, there's almost this illuminating effect to your face, and it's especially obvious at night under white artificial lights. It's almost as if my skin is able to reflect light. Sounds crazy, but you have to try it for yourself to know! Also, I have yellow undertones to my skin that sometimes makes me look sallow, but I noticed that after using this my skin tone became more neutral/ whiter instead. I recently purchased a new foundation and to my surprise was matched to the "neutral" undertone shade instead of the yellow one (Dior 20 instead of 21).

In short, this works for me and does wonders for brightening my yellow toned complexion. Took 1 lippie off because so far that's the only result I am getting, it's definitely not a "miracle" or "cure all" product. I still have acne scars, large pores (oh the woes of an oily skinned girl), and fine lines, but then again I have pretty terrible skin to start with, so it may take some time. Maybe I'll do an update after I've finished the whole bottle if there are any long term effects!

on 1/18/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is mega expensive. I kind of hate that it works so well, because now I have to fork over the money to buy it again because I like it! I have dry sensitive skin, and this has made my 35 year old face look like it is 22. Luckily I don't have wrinkles yet, but I do worry about sun damage, and think my skin has lost a certain amount of "lustre" as I have gotten older. This is has brought it back. When I use it at night under my moisturizer, I wake up with a fresh bright dewy face. Something my moisturizer on it's own wouldn't do.

on 1/16/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm what is up with the hype?
I used up the whole bottle and nothing happened.
I use Clarins and Aesop toners regularly, and adding this in or subtracting it in
my daily routine made absolutely no difference to my skin.
Now I think of it, I haven't been using it
for about a year, and my skin is better...
I used it because I got it as a present, but I think many people just think it is good
and believe it is good because they want to justify spending much money on a bottle
of water.
Go see a dermatologist or a get a facial and massages, maybe you will see a difference, but absolutely not from this. Or use Aesop serums, at least they have pretty bottles to satisfy cosmetic vanity. I didn't even like having this bottle around because it is old lady looking and it does nothing. A silly product.
(bought at a department store counter)

on 1/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

After all the craze/hype I heard and red about Sk-II and their most famous facial treatment essence I decided to try it.This did nothing for my skin it did not hydrate or brighten or balance the oil and dryness .This facial treatment essence is slightly sticky like a light serum. Best applied using your hands in a patting motion not a cotton round. The consistency is not runny like western toners.. All this did was irritate my skin made it all red and started to cause breakouts. Being so expensive I do not recommend this if you have super acne prone sensitive skin. This does have a heavy fermented smell. I recommend buying a small sample to try first. To bad this and other products I've tried from Sk-II cause the same problem plus some included clogging my pores.... I have found a similar product that did not irritate my skin the famous Korean brand Iope their Bio essence intensive conditioning that is more mild it's about 1/3 the price. Theirs also a famous on from Missha it is called Time Revolution The first treatment essence which I have not tried. It contains the same active ingredient as SK-ii SACCHAROMYCES FERMENT FILTRATE which is from fermented sake .

on 1/14/2015 1:08:00 AM

I tried this product a couple of years ago. It feels like you're just applying water to your face. I didn't find the smell too offensive (if a product works I'm willing to put up with any smell!). I don't believe there is such a thing as a miracle skin care product, but I'm always looking for things to help my skin. I bought this because I'd heard it can help with acne scars, even skin tone and give your skin a glow. Unfortunately, I didn't think much of this so called "miracle water", however I saw a friend who I don't see very regularly after using the FTE for a while, and she said "what are you doing to your skin?! You are glowing!" I was surprised because I hadn't noticed much of a difference (and I NEVER get compliments on my skin). Unfortunately, I was nearing the end of my bottle at that time and was in no position financially to fork out the money for another bottle. I've always wondered if I should give it another go and am thinking about investing in a bottle this week. I will update this review if I do :)

on 1/11/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a year ago when imomoko.com had a sale on their SK-II products (their prices always deterred me from trying their stuff) and didn't expect much when using it other than to just faithfully use it every day (once a day at night, or if I was diligent in the morning too). Had read many reviews saying it's a waste to use a cotton pad to apply it, so I just shake the bottle into my hands 3-4 times for enough essence to pat into my face and neck. Maybe after about a month, I noticed a difference in that my other skincare items worked better and this along with few of my other skincare, helped reduce acne and acne scars. My face became more even and slightly glowy. After moving, I left it at my in-laws' home because I felt the heavy bottle wasn't practical to take along. It has been a few months without it, and I miss it so much! I wondered why I was breaking out so much and acne scars stayed (and of course it could be due to a # of factors for that), but I recalled even in my more stressful months, I didn't break out much at all. I can't wait to have this essence back with me!! I also bought another 215ml bottle as a backup.

Amazing product! I put off purchasing this for a long time because of the price. But it's worth every penny. Don't use a cotton pad to apply just use your hands. In two weeks my acne scarring has started to fade and my skin is glowing!

on 1/1/2015 12:11:00 AM

I'm not completely sure how much this is benefitting my face. However, I can say it definitely evens skin tone. My husband has had this dark brown acne spot on his neck for years, and I treated it with SK-II's essence for a week and it faded dramatically. I wasn't even sure if this product was doing much of anything until I saw that happen. My skin seems happy with it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvement aside from evening out skin tone. I purchased this directly from Sephora (authentic product) in the largest size possible. It's about 3/4 of the bottle used after 8 months, using 2x a day.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated SKII Products