September 19, 2014 | 1232 users online

Deodorants - Clarins - Eau Dynamisante Doux Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Evian66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Contains Triclosan

I bought this a few days ago, but have used it in the past when I was working abroad in a hot climate. I found this to be much better than when I used it in the past, I also, like a lot of people try to avoid dangerous ingredients, so I wondered how it could be so good being a supposedly natural product, so I glanced at the ingredients. It contains Triclosan ! so straight in the bin ... there was a health warning a in the UK about Triclosan, some countries have banned it and I think if my memory serves me right the FDA in the US is reviewing it's safety. Very disappointed Clarins have but this ingredients in this deodorant, as part of their philosophy is to use lots of plants and natural ingredients in their products.

I would not recommend this product based on the fact that it contains Triclosan, if they ever remove Triclosan from this product I would purchase it again , but not until then.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works well and very economic. Don't really care for the smell, which thankfully goes away. Also don't like that it's a spray. Can irritate my skin sometimes, due to alcohol content perhaps.
And it works great! Also keeps skin dry... Doesn't cause pimples. Great for active sport and workouts.
All in all, it's my favorite deodorant alongside with Collistar cream deodorant for sensitive skin, and easier to apply of the two.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by maebusch

I cannot wear any products containing aluminium (that's the British spelling!) as it makes my skin burn, itch and then fall off - this combined with the awful fact that I sweat a lot when nervous, stressed, and even slightly warm means I'm desperate to find an aluminium-free deodorant that actually works.

This product works okay, not great, but it's the best of the alumunium-free deodorants I've found. I use pit rock first and once it's dry spray this on. If it's a warm day, so I don't have to wear too many clothing layers, and if it's not too stressful a day then this can just about stop me from stinking the place out. If, on the other hand I have to wear more clothing (!) and I'm stuck on public transport, or having a stressy day, then the chances are it will let me down.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sck279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used every deoderant the grocery store carries, and none last the whole day or can handle a good work out. The scent is a lovely rich aroma (and layers great with your perfume) and one spritz under each arm is plenty! Also, good to use on your feet. $20 for the spritz bottle is a great deal because this just lasts and lasts...now my number 1 and only one deoderant!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The poor man's Eau Dynamisante; or a lighter version for summer.

Delightful fresh scent, a pleasant and modern take on the good old-fashioned classic cologne. Not old men, old spice, and 4711. Rather, we're talking the classicism of Creed, Floris, Acqua di Parma, Santa Maria Novella, or (the very underestimated) Roger & Gallet. But fresher. Citrus, wood, spice, greenery. Works well on hormone-temperamental skin, the one perfume I found that stayed constant throughout spells of skin "going sweet." Some people find this works better on them in some seasons rather than others; and some prefer it as a spring-summer scent.

Do try before you buy, and keep sniffing at it for several hours (ideally, the whole day) before making any decisions: this smells very different on different people, also settling differently after initial application - i.e. what you first smell may bear little relation to this half an hour or two hours later. At least - so I gather - you'll know quite definitely if this is "you" or not. No half measures.

This lasts very well. Can be layered to even greater satisfaction using at least the matching body oil. The shower gel was lovely (but kept disappearing from shops? haven't bought it in ages), the moisturiser pleasant but overpriced for what it was: I got much the same effect by mixing an unperfumed body lotion with the Dynamisante oil. All the products are supposed to be beneficial. As with many Clarins products, there's a lot of elegant hot air of a pseudo-scientific nature, crossed with Paris-chic environmentalism. To be fair, some of the claims are a little dated, and were certainly revolutionary at the time of this product's launch (1980s? 70s? ages ago, anyway). Going beyond fairness and into praise, it's one of the less irritating scents out there - on one's own person, and with respect to others. Also, it's supposed to be unisex and indeed suits many men too. And it's one of these scents that many men seem to like. And, indeed, other women. And both in a non-sexual way. The gist of that seems to be that if Dynamisante "sits" right on you, it seems to exude comfort, stability, and friendliness.

In a plastic spray bottle. Lasts quite a long time. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No