Microfiber cloths

Price: $

Pure awesomeness.

on 8/21/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do not use thie pictured style of microfiber, but instead I get the gigantic white fluffy ones found in the automotive section of Dollar Tree. I find the washcloth style is just too harsh on my reactive skin but the plush style is perfection. It appears to be a dupe of the "Makeup Eraser". It works on my normal to combo oily skin (in summer), and normal to dry (in winter) sensitive, rosacea prone skin. I use it with a cream, gel or even without cleanser, depending on what my skin is up to that day or night. I prefer this as over chemical or physical beaded exfoliating products. It leaves my skin in great condition.

on 7/19/2015 11:54:00 AM

I tried this after reading Makeup alley reviews. This REALLY works. I only do this about 1 - 2 times a week when my skin starts to feel a little rough. This does an amazing job of exfoliating without drying or scratching the skin. My skin looks and feels healthier right away!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I purchased the Dollar Tree microfiber face scrubber pads that come three in a pack. My Dollar Tree didn't have the full cloth in store but they are the same material. I've only used this a handful of times and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

My skin is always oily but at times, dehydrated too. It depends if I'm out in the sun or if the air is dry and also what I use on my skin such as AHA's or retinol. I'm often times left with flakes and they look horrible when I try to apply foundation. I've tried to use aloe gel and physical scrubs but they don't do anything for flakes. In fact, shaving my face causes more flakes to happen. So, I decided to try the microfiber method to exfoliate and I'm starting to like the results. I have skin that needs daily exfoliation to began with because my body doesn't seem to like to let go of dead skin cells. I've learned this from the estheticians when I get facials. My skin tends to be dull because of this.

The first couple of times using these microfiber pads, I didn't see any results. It didn't seem like it was doing anything. At first, I was using them dry and on dry skin and also on damp skin w/o cleanser. I was using light pressure as well. Next, I tried using a no lather facial cream cleanser with it on wet skin to remove makeup and I was surprised on how well it worked. I also found out that I need moderate to heavy pressure for it to work on my skin. Skin appears dry after using this so I apply jojoba oil after. I do this now every PM. For the morning, I dampen the pad and use heavy pressure on dry skin to spot remove any existing flakes and apply jojoba oil after. Works like a charm! After doing this, my flakey areas seem to be smoother.

on 5/3/2015 4:44:00 AM

If you want something to remove those stubborn blackheads on your nose, look no further. Nothing else that I have used (benzoyl peroxide, BHA lotion, retinol) has done as good a job as microfibres cloths.

I use the cloth once a day (nighttime shower usually). I wash my face with my cleanser then gently remove it using a wet microfibre cloth. No pressure is required - just gentle wipes. I clean them regularly (every two or three days) in the washing machine and hang out to dry.

Moisturiser is a must as these bad boys will dry out your skin because they are so good at removing all the gunk off your face, including natural oils. Since using the microfibre cloth as part of my night time routine, my pores appear smaller and it's even reduced some fine lines.

These cloths are cheap to buy, easy to use and chemical free. Just remember to be super gentle if using them on your face.

on 4/10/2015 10:46:00 AM

I use the Oil Clensing Method, but I have to say that this item has made a difference: my skin is smoother and clearer than ever and it feels so clean. I find that there are different types of microfiber cloths in the home cleaning sections of supermarkets. Some of them feel rougher to the touch, like they are made of plastic, and then there is the kind that looks and feels like cotton/ like a thin towel. This second type is the only one that works for me, but still, it is so much more exfoliating than you think (i.e. it 100% exfoliates your nose). I wipe my face without applying any pressure. I once used it like a sponge and my sensitive skin felt over scrubbed for about 4 days. One thing I love about microfiber cloths is that you can wash them with a little bit of liquid soap and they are immaculate in seconds: the oil and dirt do not stick to them like it would happen with cotton. I use a white cloth and I wear makeup, and I remove my makeup with an oil that is yellow in colour. In 30 seconds the cloth is back to its original white, no joke. Another plus is that they are dry in about an hour. This allows me to use just one. Great for travelling.

on 2/1/2015 11:20:00 AM

I recently made the switch to using cream cleansers and found that microfiber cloths are the best way to take off the product. I have tried muslin cloths but I find them to be too flimsy and thin, and I do much prefer the thickness of microfiber.

I buy mine in bulk from eBay and wash them after every use (I have several so if I donít do any laundry for a while then I have plenty of spare clean cloths.) I only buy white cloths as I like to see if all my makeup has been removed and colored cloths would mask that.

They wash well, I just throw them in the washing machine. It doesnít really matter to me if they become stained as the cloths are not expensive to purchase. I will continue to use these and would recommend.

on 12/5/2014 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

it's a makeup alley made me do it moment! I read these reviews today and had to try it for myself.

We already had a bag of these cloths from Menards maybe? So I grabbed one and cut it into washcloth size squares.

I smeared Queen Helene Triple Whipped Cleansing Cream on my face and massaged it in. I ran the cloth under the hot water and wrung it out and used it to gently remove the cream and make-up. Normally, I use a make-up wipe for this step. My next step is to use Sea Breeze to tone. When I do this, there is still a lot of make-up left behind. Not so with the microfiber cloth. There was nary a trace.

I moisturized as usual with Ponds Clarant b3.

My face feels soft. We'll see how it looks in the morning!

on 12/5/2014 2:39:00 AM

I've never posted on a thread like this before, but I needed to add my support to this one. I started using microfiber cloths 6 months ago and my once prolific acne is GONE. I could't say enough about how much it has helped. What a miracle...

On the other hand, a dermatologist told me that microfiber could create micro-tears in my skin. I'm sure there is some truth to that, but deep, cystic acne causes way worse tears - and scars! I guess it comes down to priorities. Pass the microfiber please!

Some helpful tips - I bought 2 packs of microfiber cloths in the care care section at target for less than $10 each and cut each cloth into 4. This is a perfect size for my face. I have about 30 cloths in a stack and use one daily. I keep the dirty ones separate from my other laundry and just wash them separately with everything "free" detergent and a little bleach. A proper moisturizer is necessary though, as in any case, but be sure to buy a quality moisturizer or you will run into acne from being too dry, which causes your skin to produce more oil and the cycle continues. But seriously, go buy some.

on 10/27/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love these cloths, I have really bad headaches and when I drench them in alcohol they never drip so its perfect to have in the bed. I also steam these cloths for facials and other treatments. I suggest putting them in the washer by themselves because picking hair and lent out of them is no fun. I've been looking for higher quality cloths, I buy the ones from the dollar tree now, but I want to try other brands.

on 7/16/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is easily one of the best decisions I ever made for my skin. Through trial and error, I realized my skin cannot tolerate any cleansers without redness, flaking, excessive oil, etc. When I switched to microfibers, the change was immediate. Microfibers remove all the oil, dead skin, unclog pores and even out skin tone without causing any irritation. All you need is water! Please try this if you suffer from oily, problematic acne-prone skin like me. You won't regret it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools