September 1, 2014 | 2158 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Microfiber cloths

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by wshewfelt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is easily one of the best decisions I ever made for my skin. Through trial and error, I realized my skin cannot tolerate any cleansers without redness, flaking, excessive oil, etc. When I switched to microfibers, the change was immediate. Microfibers remove all the oil, dead skin, unclog pores and even out skin tone without causing any irritation. All you need is water! Please try this if you suffer from oily, problematic acne-prone skin like me. You won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love my microfiber face cloths. I purchased mine from the Dollar Tree and they had them in pink, purple, lime green and white. I have purchased every single color and use them when I am drying my face after I have washed it. I have about 7 of them and I use a clean cloth daily to dry my face. They are perfect because they absorb the water off my face without me having to move the towel around.

The only complaint I have about these clothes (from the Dollar Tree) is that every color but the pink one developed fuzz balls on them after the first wash through the washing machine. Not a big deal, but it isn't pretty. I could clip the fuzzies with scissors but, I never leave them out for anyone to see. For a dollar a piece, I'm not surprised but not disappointed either; they still get the job done!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use one of these
- every day to quickly clean brushes between uses,
- or on rare occasions when I need to buff out blush that's been over applied.

Yes, microfiber cloths are great for exfoliating skin gently but I use AHAs and BHAs for that and they are more than enough for me.

The fibers are so densely packed and thin that they pick up even the finest particles left in a brush after I apply something. I use it for both eye and face brushes. It's a quick and effective way to clean between different color pigments without wetting. I can literally do a whole face with a couple of brushes and one of these, and that's using products that are quite pigmented.

These cloths have also come in handy on some rare occasions when working with blush. With new pigmented blushes it's hard to figure out which brush to use and how much to apply. And sometimes even what looks like too little ends up being too far too much on the face. The microfiber cloth is effective for quickly buffing out the blush. Unlike a natural hair buffing brush, it doesn't simply spread out the product but traps it and picks it. Because it is soft and gentle at the same time, it doesn't disturb the makeup underneath.

A microfiber cloth has become a must for me. They can remove all traces of pigment. My limited number of travel sized brushes are more than enough if I have a microfiber cloth with me. I can use a brush for blush and bronzer simultaneously.

GREAT.. GREAT... GREAT

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by addikted

I am now convinced that using these cloths daily WILL disrupt the natural balance of moisture and oils in your skin.

Read this..I do not break out, except if I have used a really crap product, which I no longer do as you wise up to things as you move through life..cheap n nasty = avoid. But as I was saying, I do not break out. Until now, just over 2 weeks of using the cloths to remove my makeup at night, I have broken out on my chin lots, not gross pimples but all bumps and congested looking. It is no doubt also why my skin (forehead especially, t zone, cheeks) looks SHINY, OILY, PORES ON CHEEKS OBVIOUS :( :(

So just be mindful that yes, they probably zip the oil and makeup away but they also wreak havoc on otherwise good skin.

I'm going to have to pull out my clearing complex to sort this out and revert back to usual routine minus the microfibre. It's kinda sad as it does feel so good and clean and smooth, like it takes off flaky bits too..but sigh it is just not worth looking like a grease ball breakout in the morning!

They will have a place in my bathroom for pulling off heavy makeup or masks lightly, I stress lightly, then will finish the job with cleansers etc. Daily use is not good. Maybe weekly use could be ok but I'm not bothering to find out. I might use the cloths on my legs before using fake tan to see if it removes the dry skin layer..but then maybe it'll over dry it too. I think my skin was trying to compensate for lack of oils left in face. Disrupting the moisture is seriously bad!
This is the backstory if you will..

OK..I bought the white single pack of microfibre cloth for face, from Woolies beauty isle.

Using it in shower to help take off (already applied and washed into face) cleanser, seemed fine. Not a whole lot of difference, just faster.

Then I thought I'd use the cloth to take off makeup at night. I was super impressedvwith how fast and easily, thoroughly, it took off all makeup and left my face feeling very clean and cleansed, without feeling dried or squeaky clean. That was just with warm/hot water on cloth and squeezed out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love! I've been obsessed with scrubs for a long time now but was looking for something multi-purpose, gentle and environmentally-friendly that would clean my skin and remove my makeup. I was using cotton pads for a long time but felt guilty about the environmental impact that was having. Enter microfiber cloths! I can use this with a creamy cleanser to remove sunscreen and makeup, and I can also use this with a foaming cleanser on skin in the AM to just get rid of grime. They're also gentle enough to use to remove eye makeup. Not to mention dirt-cheap. Thanks to MUA for the suggestion!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by yixie

Thanks ladies for a great recommendation. I have never used anything that cleans my face as effectively as these cloths. They leave my skin baby smooth.

I find I can't use it any more than once a day, 3-4 times a week. Over zealous scrubbing (although I sure couldn't tell it was so soft) led to the sides of my nose getting red and cracking. I also find sometimes I get a couple of spots a day or 2 later. It could be 'purging' but it's annoying since I usually have clear skin except for blackheads on nose and chin!

I switch between these and a konjac sponge for daily use. The latter is truly gentle and causes no irritation no matter how hard I scrub, less effective but still feels clean after.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Everybody should have some of these. I get mine at the dollar stores and they are fantastic. When you have dry, sensitive acne prone skin like me you are fighting an up hill battle just to not irritate your face while removing dirt, oil, makeup etc. I don't always wear makeup but I always use these cloths. In the morning, I only use water and these to wash my face. I'm only getting off my moisturizer anyways. My sensitive skin is thankful for this. Splash my face with water wet my cloth and scrub in small circles all over my face. Splash again to remove any dead skin and blot dry with a clean towel, apply moisturizer etc. make sure you dont scrub to hard, its a soft cloth but you can cause redness and irritation really quickly if your not careful. At night if I wore makeup that day I splash my face with water lather up one of Chagrin Valley's soaps that I love (no harmful ingredients) and wash with just my hands, rinse then wet my cloth and do my small circular scrubbing then rinse. This gets my makeup off without over drying or causing my skin to flair up. My dry patches are gone, my acne has cleared and best of all I'm not putting something on my face that causes a rash or makes it sting. I use in conjunction with Boots Expert Sensitive Hydrating Moisturizer which is my Holy Grail of all skin products and found at Target for about $5. One Micro Fiber cloth I purchased was about the size of 4 regular washcloths so I just cut it up. It frayed a little but once you throw them in the wash they are fine. If you can't find these at dollar stores I have seen them in the automotive section of bigger chain stores. Same thing just don't overpay.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jrobsf

This is a general review for microfiber cloths as regards acne (mine).

The good: Microfiber cloths are the super-cheap Rolls Royce of washcloths. You can get them at a dollar store for, well, a dollar. Using them with Cetaphil cleanser and definitely improved my acne.

The less good: I've gotten even better results with a double oil-cleanse method of massaging Jojoba oil into my skin with my fingers, and then washing it off with the Cetaphil. But the OCM is not for everyone.

Check microfiber cloths out if you prefer to keep your fingers away from your skin, which seems to exacerbate some people's acne.

(My flirtation with the Clarisonic was a disaster - major breakouts for weeks until I gave up - purging period, my ass. And that was well over a hundred bucks, not $1!)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is great with cleansing balm. I use SAAF pure cleanser and soak a microfibre cloth in warm water before wringing- it takes a couple of gentle swipes to thoroughly clean n remove makeup, along with a teeny bit of (gentle) exfoliation. Will always have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jamesie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is one of those things I'd never know about if not for MUA!

I went to Wally-world and got the bright yellow-green ones from the auto department, as several people have suggested in reviews.

They seemed kind of large, so I cut each into 4 pieces, so they are now just a little smaller than a regular washcloth. There was a bit of linty mess as I cut them, but I washed them in the washer and they're fine now.

Holy cow! These things are more exfoliating than a regular washcloth, but softer than any cloth I've ever used on my face.

In fact, they're deceptively exfoliating; don't scrub too hard, thinking that the softness won't exfoliate your skin!