November 25, 2014 | 1778 users online

Moisturizers - Trilogy - Vital Moisturiser

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Alinster

I got this moisturiser in a travel pack from Trilogy a couple of years ago. I still haven't used it up. This is an ok moisturiser if all you are looking for is something to hydrate your skin. It does not contain anything that will be able to improve your skin, and it leaves a slightly greasy feeling once applied. I'm not a fan of the smell either, smells slightly herbal, almost old. I feel it is too expensive for what it actually does, any drugstore moisturiser will do the same thing - which is offer some hydration. I went back to my staple Peter Thomas Roth (glycolic acid 10%) moisturiser a long time ago as it actually improves the look and feel of my skin, as well as hydrates it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by AndreaTH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my favourite moisturiser in the past 2 years, and it is really helpful in the dry and arid winter . This product is quiet moisturizing and not oily at all when you apply it on face and perhaps an addtional massage in a short time makes it work better.
This product is more suitable for dry and normal skin, and also recommended applied in dry climate area.
The product smells a little odd when I first try it , maybe because it doesn't contain too much artificial fragrances. Now I am uesd to the scent and kind of like it.
The price of this product is very reasonable and I think I will purchase it in a few years.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I wanted desperately to love something in this range but alas,
my skin rejected the cream- it sat on top leaving a revolting thick oily layer not too disimilar to what vaseline would feel like. I know that the gross thick layer is a very good sign as it prevents skin from losing hydration but I can't BEAR to feel products sitting on the surface of my skin. YUCK.

Even my husband with his Klingon forehead wrinkles refused to use it after one try.
Thank goodness I have a friend who adores the feeling of a vaseline texture left on her skin. Off it went to her STAT.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by thelaurax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer. It is the only moisturizer that has worked for me in the dead of a New England winter--I usually use Clinique but needed to switch when my face became too dry and chapped to bear. The Vital moisturizer is not thick, but works like a thick moisturizer in that it profoundly moisturizes and lasts all day. I had even better results when putting it on at night--skin was softer than ever, and I didn't really need to put anything on in the morning. I also noticed that my face looked brighter and less red/ruddy than usual.
The dispenser also works well, and one pump gave me just enough to do the job.

I found this moisturizer on sale at TJ Maxx, and was surprised to learn later on that it is much more expensive than what I paid for it ($44 on Trilogy's website--I paid $15) I honestly would pay 3X my price though for another bottle, when the time comes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This product not only breaks me out but makes my face feel sticky and exasperates blackheads! I returned it after a week .. it caused quite a few clogged pores too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Annajane89

This is my absolute go-to moisturiser. Not only is it free of harsh chemicals being an organic product, but it really does stick to its promise of keeping skin feeling fresh and hydrated all day long.
I have acne prone skin which is also dehydrated around the chin and cheeks. Until now I have struggled to find a moisturiser which not only hydrates my skin for up to 15 hours at a time (I work very long days), but one that also is gentle enough not to irritate my already-sensitive skin.

Despite the fairly hefty price tag, I do think this moisturiser is well worth it. Before I used to use Clarins hydra quench which, although good, is nowhere near as hydrating and comfortable as this moisturiser. The product is also contained in a very handy glass pump version which is ideal for travel as well as considerably more hygienic than a jar. Massive thumbs up to trilogy for this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lavalon

This is a wonderful moisturiser! Like many other reviewers I was first impressed by the beautiful ingredients of this cream, and I couldn't wait to try it. And I was surprised to find just how well it performs. I use it as a night cream and it moisurises really well, and disappears into my skin within 10 mins or so, leaving my sometimes dry zones feeling smooth and soothed. I like the wholesome fragrance too. The best thing though is waking up in the morning with such healthy, glowing skin!

I could only give it 4 lippies because this cream hasn't seemed to have made a difference to the lines I'm trying to minimize... Also, I'm rather sure that it will be a slightly too rich cream for my dry combination skin in summer :-( But just about Perfect for winter though!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Wrenfly

Honestly, this moisturiser doesn't feel the best, it doesn't sink in straight away and I do need to blot after an hour or so sometimes. But honestly, since I've been using this my skin looks like it's glowing.

This product has a nice smell, it's all natural and it doesn't break me out. My skin looks so smooth and refined and totally moisturised. After twenty minutes I don't feel it on my skin, it's just not like drug store moisturisers which dry on your skin straight away, but that's okay because it's still the best moisturiser I've ever used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

The same procedure as with every other organic moisturizer. I was thrilled by the incredibly good ingredients and none of them would be comedogenic on my skin, so I decided to give it a try.
My skin is combination, acne-prone and dehydrated.
I bought it together with the cream cleanser and the rosehip oil as a trial size.
It gave me the weirdest feeling on my skin. My skin felt like it couldnīt breathe and I had constantly the feeling, my skin was too warm and sweating although you couldnīt see anything.
I really feared, it would give me a major skin breakdown like Weleda once did. But thankfully, that didnīt happen.
Generally , it left me with an uncomfortable feeling and I donīt want to use this again. Glad, I bought only a trial size.
I recommend it instead of the bad reaction I had, because the ingredients are over-the-top good! If your skin feels comfortable with organic skincare, then this is a must for you. The lovely thing about this moisturizer is the fact, that itīs one of the few which donīt have comedogenic oils or other ingredients according to what Iīve been researching. You always find soybean oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil or other highly comedogenic oils in organic skincare. But you got to know your skin reacts, because I know some people react towards even non-comedogenic ingredients.
I truly believe, that itīs a very good moisturizer with amazing ingredients, but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I’ve started on my second jar. It’s a great moisturises throughout all seasons. Initially, I was frighten with break out as I’m used to lotion texture, however this cream works well on my combination skin. Texture is somewhere between a lotion and cream. It doesn’t cause any oiliness over summer time. My skin is more smoother and softer.

Love to repurchase this again.