October 24, 2014 | 1374 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Renewist Lipcolor--Red Reinvented

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by tallulah_starr

If you spot this lipstick going for peanuts, grab it now! I found it online for 2 and stocked up :) Okay, sales pitch over, on with the review. I really really like this lipstick. I'm a bit of a red lipstick devotee, and this one is just so easy to pull off. It's a lovely bright tomato red (neutral, not blue, not brown), but it doesn't look "cheap" or "tacky". The finish is just right, not matte but not too shiny either. Glides on, won't last all day - it's not that type of finish, so I wouldn't expect it to - but it will give you a good few hours of gorgeousness before you need to reapply. I like the case. It's like the packaging of Shu Uemura lipsticks, being a clear plastic case, which makes it nice and easy to spot the colour you want (I have this lipstick in a few different shades, but this is my favourite). Somebody said they didn't like the fact that you had to line up the lid properly to get it to close, but I think that's great as it means you can't twist the lipstick up accidentally with the lid on and get that horrid squashed end. I can't think of any downsides to this lipstick, especially at the rock bottom price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

This is an excellent product but I have ticked that I would not rebuy because it is the wrong color for me. I was hoping for a medium strength clear red for daytime wear but on me this looks like a fairly dark and dramatic cherry red best reserved for evenings and special occasions. However it's an excellent lippie that does feel more like a moisturising lip balm and makes my lips look a little bit bigger than they are. A very good choice for people who find many lipsticks feel too heavy or drying for their lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have full lips so I need to be really careful when it comes to lipcolor. If I pick something too bright I come off looking too made up even if lipstick is the only thing I'm wearing OR I come off looking like a "working girl". When working with certain features the wrong color can be a disaster. I wasn't too sure of this color when I saw it but since it was included in the set I decided to try it on. This is a really pretty lipcolor that reminds me those pinup icons. It's a beautiful, cherry red color that goes on very smooth and feels wonderful on. It's not too glossy as to where it looks tacky or sticky. It doesn't run, it doesn't feather, and it doesn't bleed. I'm fair complexioned AA and it looks great on me so it's very versatile. I have full lips but it doesn't look too overdone or garish. I'm really please with how good this red is...It's definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by pinktutupuggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this recently. I never wear red or pink. I have Asian brown skin so I usually stick to coral and peach colors. I like natural looking lips. This is the only red lipstick that doesn't make me look gaudy or overdone. I really love the color!

I had expected it to be heavy on my lips but when I tried it, it just glides on smoothly. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky at all. The packaging is nice, and neat looking, plus my lips have never felt more smoother or moisturized

It sells for about $12 here but I'd say that the price is just right for a lipstick whose color doesn't feather while moisturizing your lips at the same time. I'd say it's a great buy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! I got this for $5 here in Australia recently and am really surprised at how much I love this. I think this could be my HG red! It looks warm in the tube but once applied looks like a neutral red - neither too warm, nor too cool. I love how this features a moisturising core - it makes for lovely smooth application without compromising colour pay-off. As with all my lipsticks, I tend to apply a thin layer of Nivea Lip Care balm first but you don't need to with this Revlon lipstick unless you want a sheer application. For reference, I am a NC20-ish complexion with medium pigment lips naturally.

Staying power is neither exceptionally good or terrible. I'd say it's average. Be prepared to reapply!

I like the clear packaging a lot and it is reminiscent of Shu Uemera as another reviewer mentioned. It is nice to be able to see the shade through the top of the lid. The lid goes on securely and the packaging has been designed to not allow the lipstick to wind up inside the case by accident (you have to line the lid up in a certain way before it will click shut). In summary, I just adore this lipstick and I believe it may be getting discontinued soon (shame on you Revlon!). If you see it, I recommend you stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the renewist lip colors, if you get them on sale they are a great product and a great price! I got this from rite aid for $5. What I like the most about this is its moisturizing core, I can wear this without any lip balm or gloss over, which is super convenient. The color is a bright tomato red, it goes on creamy and looks slightly glossy. I feel that the finish makes it look less full-on than a matte red, so this would be a good beginner's red. Staying power is just average, but that is fine with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I love everything about this lipstick. Packaging: I may be alone in this, but I love the packaging! It is a nod to Shu Uemura (sp?) lipstick packaging. Minimalist, modern, etc, etc. Color: this is a gorgeous retro-ey red that is surprisingly wearable. Leaning toward the warmer side with fewer pink/ blue tones, but neutrals could easily get away with this. Textre/ performance: I love it! This is so smooth--glides on like a comfortable balm. No noticeable "plumping" effects like the marketing suggests, but this is so comfortable to wear. Topped with gloss it just looks like I'm wearing a gorgeous opaque gloss that seems to last a really reasonable amount of time. Lips look fresh & young. This is a bright, bold, but workable color. I can control coverage and create a subtler stain or go all out vintage-y glam. Price is high for drugstore, but this is a quality formula in my opinion. I will check out more shades in this formula and hope Revlon keeps expanding and expanding.