Paula's Choice All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

3.7

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (Light Cream: 12.67%; Nude: 12.4%; Sand: 12.18%; Wheat: 11.83%; Fawn: 11.14%). Other Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane (thickener/texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Silica (absorbent silicone), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate (skin conditioning agent), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol (silicone emollient), Hexyl Laurate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Polyethylene (film-former/slip agent), Alumina (opacifying agent), Magnesium Sulfate (thickener), Aluminum Stearate (thickeners), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives). May Contain: Iron Oxides (mineral pigments).

on 7/25/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. This foundation, for normal to dry skin, didn't irritate my skin, but it didn't make it look any better, either. It has light coverage and left my skin with a greasy, unattractive film. The color selection is small.

on 7/21/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great option for women with normal to dry skin looking for a good summer foundation with built-in sunscreen. My skin is combination to oily so it's not the best choice for me, but as someone with sensitive skin, I appreciate that it didn't irritate me at all. It has a nice finish, doesn't settle into pores or fine lines. The tube packaging is convenient for travel. Here's my dilemma - Nude washes me out and Sand is slightly too dark. I wish PC would expand the color range as I think a lot of women are halfway between shades. I am not the first reviewer to say I have to mix Nude and Sand to get the right shade. If the foundation were perfectly formulated to my skin type, I might be willing to buy two tubes and mix, but I find that an inconvenient and costly solution. Nevertheless, it is worth a try, if for no other reason than finding a non-greasy SPF 25 for sensitive skin.

on 9/12/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. FInally a foundation with SPF 25 that goes on smoothly, color is perfect for my fair skin, doesn't accentuate little fine hair on face, and covers well.

I've tried many other foundations with SPF (Estee Lauder camoflauge--which didn't camoflauge and the lightest color was too dark, too yellow), and Neutrogena with SPF 30, which didn't cover and accentuated every wrinkle and fine hair that I didn't even know I had!

I don't like the price, but a little goes a long way so I will definitely order it again.

on 7/30/2014 12:52:00 AM

I HAD THIS IN A SAMPLE. IT CAME IN A TINY JAR AND I WAS ABLE TO KEEP IT FOR UP TO A YEAR. I RECENTLY GOT A NEW SAMPLE.
ABC( All Bases covered) was a decent enough foundation when I first got it. It was a sample in a tiny jar and not some stingy package. In the beginning it went on smoothly with no problems.
The foundation range in this line is amiss.. it will not cover redness and acne. Although, you may find that even if this matched before in time it can be darker. If you didn't get an exact match though and you are darker skinned it may not be so bad in the end.
I am giving it four stars since it was at first a really good foundation. Out of all of the foundations sold in this line this is one of the best because it is more comftorable to wear. ( In terms of blending,flaking, etc.)

on 12/28/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this foundation for years! Every now and then I'll try something else. Three years ago they were changing manufacturers and this foundation wasn't available. NO foundation is as good as this one for my skin.

What I want in a foundation that this has...1. Blend into my skin. I want people to see me not my makeup. 2. Not settle into or accentuate pores and fine lines. 3. Moisturize my dry skin. I don't want tan colored flakes on my face! 4. True medium coverage. Not too much not too little. 5. Satiny/Dewy finish. 6. Mineral s/s (hard to find!)

It also goes on smoothly with any type applicator (brush, beauty blender sponge, or fingers).

A big problem is limited color choices. I am NC20 fairly neutral but leaning warm. Sand is the perfect color for me. In summer, I will sometimes mix in some Wheat to darken it up a bit.

Another gripe is that I wish this lasted a little longer. I don't wear primer - that might help.

This is as close to HG as I think I can get though.

Love love love this product and so does my skin!

on 1/11/2013 9:50:00 PM

This is the first product I've ordered from Paula B, and I love it. I have never been able to find a foundation (not Lancome, not Bobbi Brown, not drugstore brands) that doesn't make my fair aging skin look dry and wrinkly. This foundation does what I have been wishing that tinted moisturizers would. Good staying power, better coverage, not drying at all (but also not the lone moisturizer - I still have to wear moisturizer underneath, but I imagine if you're not too dry you could go it alone). Good slip, blends well, doesn't come off all over my cell phone. I'm a perfect Nude, and it helps offset the redness in my cheeks and on my nose from a bit of rosacea.

on 10/14/2012 5:46:00 AM

Got two samples of this, one in nude and the other in sand. None was a perfect match. Both looked far too orange . The nude is the best for me but still too orange. I found this very greasy, ok it's for dry skin so probably not the product's fault.It now has spf 25 ,and I so wanted to like it but it's not for me.As Paula says herself , foudation alone is not the best source of sunscreen as you'd have to use too much. I always use a moisturiser with spf under foundation anyway.I love Paula's skincare, but I don't think her foundations all that good. I also tried the one for oily skin and found it difficult to blend.Nah , I'll stick with my Mac Matchmaster which I'm using now, then might try Estees Double wear next but Paula's foundation are not for me.I still think this could be a very good foundation for someone with dry skin and who can get a colour match. It's not bad stuff it just dosen't do it for me.

on 5/7/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got in "Nude". Same issue I had with Best Face Forward foundation, just not enough coverage for me, and seemed a bit too pinky/red on my skin.

on 4/29/2012 4:57:00 AM

This is way too greasy for my complexion in the summer and spring. However, I have found a good use for it--blending with other foundations. I LOVE Paula's products for the most part. I hated the oil-free foundations, however, and continue to buy this product even though it is a tad too moisturizing for me. The product is still gorgeous, and I use it with her oil-absorbing primer now, and often blending it with other foundations.

I am light-skinned, light-blue-eyed. Nude is perfect in winter, but I mix in a bit of sand when my skin gets some sun. Always nice texture. I sure wish she would make this with a little less oil.

on 3/26/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use Paula's Choise Skin Recovery line and I wanted to like this foundation, but even though it is made for people with dry skin, as I wear it throughout the day, my face seems to feel and look drier and dull and flaky. I need to find something more dewy feeling and looking.