November 22, 2014 | 1719 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by kerprice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. FInally a foundation with SPF 25 that goes on smoothly, color is perfect for my fair skin, doesn't accentuate little fine hair on face, and covers well.

I've tried many other foundations with SPF (Estee Lauder camoflauge--which didn't camoflauge and the lightest color was too dark, too yellow), and Neutrogena with SPF 30, which didn't cover and accentuated every wrinkle and fine hair that I didn't even know I had!

I don't like the price, but a little goes a long way so I will definitely order it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THIS IN A SAMPLE. IT CAME IN A TINY JAR AND I WAS ABLE TO KEEP IT FOR UP TO A YEAR.
ABC( All Bases covered) was a decent enough foundation when I first got it. It was a sample in a tiny jar and not some stingy package. In the beginning it went on smoothly with no problems.
The foundation range in this line is amiss though and you may find that even if this matched before in time it can be darker. If you didn't get an exact match though and you are darker skinned it may not be so bad in the end.
I am giving it four stars since it was at first a really good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation for years! Every now and then I'll try something else. Three years ago they were changing manufacturers and this foundation wasn't available. NO foundation is as good as this one for my skin.

What I want in a foundation that this has...1. Blend into my skin. I want people to see me not my makeup. 2. Not settle into or accentuate pores and fine lines. 3. Moisturize my dry skin. I don't want tan colored flakes on my face! 4. True medium coverage. Not too much not too little. 5. Satiny/Dewy finish. 6. Mineral s/s (hard to find!)

It also goes on smoothly with any type applicator (brush, beauty blender sponge, or fingers).

A big problem is limited color choices. I am NC20 fairly neutral but leaning warm. Sand is the perfect color for me. In summer, I will sometimes mix in some Wheat to darken it up a bit.

Another gripe is that I wish this lasted a little longer. I don't wear primer - that might help.

This is as close to HG as I think I can get though.

Love love love this product and so does my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ashweb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first product I've ordered from Paula B, and I love it. I have never been able to find a foundation (not Lancome, not Bobbi Brown, not drugstore brands) that doesn't make my fair aging skin look dry and wrinkly. This foundation does what I have been wishing that tinted moisturizers would. Good staying power, better coverage, not drying at all (but also not the lone moisturizer - I still have to wear moisturizer underneath, but I imagine if you're not too dry you could go it alone). Good slip, blends well, doesn't come off all over my cell phone. I'm a perfect Nude, and it helps offset the redness in my cheeks and on my nose from a bit of rosacea.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got two samples of this, one in nude and the other in sand. None was a perfect match. Both looked far too orange . The nude is the best for me but still too orange. I found this very greasy, ok it's for dry skin so probably not the product's fault.It now has spf 25 ,and I so wanted to like it but it's not for me.As Paula says herself , foudation alone is not the best source of sunscreen as you'd have to use too much. I always use a moisturiser with spf under foundation anyway.I love Paula's skincare, but I don't think her foundations all that good. I also tried the one for oily skin and found it difficult to blend.Nah , I'll stick with my Mac Matchmaster which I'm using now, then might try Estees Double wear next but Paula's foundation are not for me.I still think this could be a very good foundation for someone with dry skin and who can get a colour match. It's not bad stuff it just dosen't do it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Got in "Nude". Same issue I had with Best Face Forward foundation, just not enough coverage for me, and seemed a bit too pinky/red on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is way too greasy for my complexion in the summer and spring. However, I have found a good use for it--blending with other foundations. I LOVE Paula's products for the most part. I hated the oil-free foundations, however, and continue to buy this product even though it is a tad too moisturizing for me. The product is still gorgeous, and I use it with her oil-absorbing primer now, and often blending it with other foundations.

I am light-skinned, light-blue-eyed. Nude is perfect in winter, but I mix in a bit of sand when my skin gets some sun. Always nice texture. I sure wish she would make this with a little less oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kskline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use Paula's Choise Skin Recovery line and I wanted to like this foundation, but even though it is made for people with dry skin, as I wear it throughout the day, my face seems to feel and look drier and dull and flaky. I need to find something more dewy feeling and looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by maggie12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Things that I want in a foundations: natural but covers (I have dark circles and some acne scars), doesn't cake and luminous. This foundation meets every expectation. It goes on light to medium but is very buildable without looking cakey. It honestly gives you the "skin but better" look. I can't get over how amazing the price is either. This is coming from someone who loves high end makeup and will pay for good quality. I would recommend this for someone with normal to dry skin. I promise you will not be disappointed with this amazing foundation...you can order samples to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation and I HATE foundation! However, as I get older, I find my skin is not as prone to the "powder and go" option. So I've been looking for a foundation that doesn't dry, irritate, or look like makeup. Impossible to find, I thought, until I found Paula's Choice.

Being able to have samples was great since I would have thought I was a Light Cream, but am in fact Nude. The samples give you enough product for more than one application which is great! The product goes on like silk, remember though to have prepped your skin beforehand according to your skin type's needs, for me that's a good daily moisturizer. The coverage was just what I like, the "my own skin but better" look. It's not a made-up look which may or may not be achievable with more product. If you prefer a more made-up look, definitely try samples first, and maybe more than one sample in each color so you have plenty of product to play with. I have some scarring from old blemishes and I do still need to wear a coverup if I want to tone them down, some days I do and some days I don't care.

Although I prefer a more natural look, I also want a foundation that will last through more than just the morning. As light as this product felt going on, it had great staying power. It's not too drying so I was also able to wear some powder over it. My skin is very sensitive and I have rosacea but this foundation caused no irritation at all...of course, how could we expect any less from Paula? Higfh five to Paula, I have found my "Choice" foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No