October 25, 2014 | 862 users online

Powder - freshMinerals

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

Fresh Minerals Powder Foundation Radiant Mineral Light. This Mineral Powder foundation does not provide enough coverage for me but It does have staying power. It also has an orange hue to the foundation powder. So really good for Ooompa Lumopas. But for me not so much. The brushes it came with are very good and the container has a mirror on the lid which I use all the time but it has a sponge delivery system the power has to go through the sponge to be applied instead of with a brush I always have to open the container and apply with a brush to get any powder on my face. The sponge gets caked with product only after a few uses. This foundation does not provide enough coverage I mean come on if I didnt need coverage I wouldnt waste my time or money buying foundation. I think this would be good for someone who has very good skin and wants very little coverage but wants to waste money

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ann1018

This was my first foray into mineral makeup (other than Loreal's, which is pretty good). Well, I had to get this off my face within an hour because it was making me itch and burn so bad I couldn't stand it. Turns out I am among the women who are allergic to bismuth oxychloride. So, I don't really know if it is this brand in particular, or if all mineral makeups with this ingredient would have this effect.

Also, I bought the starter kit, which has six individual packages of eyeshadow, foundation, powder, bronzer. Well, once you unscrew the lid, there is a plastic cover embedded in the lid that you have to pull out. It is so hard to get out that I spilled about 10-15% of the product all over the place.

All in all, a horrible experience. I normally do not have sensitive skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is so bad. I have used about 20 different mineral powders and I am always looking for something that can replace my favorite (LM) because it is so expensive.
I fell for the packaging without checking out the reviews-I'm surprised at the lack of them.
This powder looks good when you first put it on, and the first day I tried it I thought I had found the perfect MM. I am so glad that I checked my makeup in the mirror once more before going to work, because my face was a mess! I mean really gross. This stuff just sits on your skin an highlights every imperfection you can imagine. It does NOT BLEND AT ALL. All I got from this was a cakey, flakey, creased, and ashy face. I tried it with various methods, brushes, and moisturzers. This powder is just garbage. End of story.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

freshMinerals has a complete line of cosmetics new at my grocery. The packaging is exceptionally sleek and high-end looking, with slim, high-gloss amethyst colored metallic compacts and jars.
The mineral powder has the best delivery system I've used- the lid conceals a velvety puff that the powder easily comes through. I pounce it onto my skin and buff in with a brush, but you could use it w/out brush in a pinch.
There are 12-15 shades to select from, and I found a decent match, tho maybe a tad too peachy, in 'natural.' ( me: 'real vellum' prescriptives, nc25).
This formula does contain bismuth, but it does not irritate me, or appear too glowy.
It was $12usd for 11g.
Unfortunately for me, this mineral collects in the less- than- fine smile lines I've earned, and it doesn't take very long to get there! It goes over large pores well, coverage of scars is ok, but not as good as Lumene or Iredale.
I think this might work very well on a younger complexion, or w/ a sturdy base.
The lack-luster performance I forgive, because I am really taken with the package and will use it for other minerals instead!