July 29, 2014 | 1220 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Seaweed clarifying night treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this along with the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream and they're both part of my daily routine now!

I use the night treatment after cleansing and toning and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and healthy. It feels light and not so heavy as other moisturizers can be, leaves a matte finish but it's definitely not drying. Perfect for my combo/oily skin.

I really like the smell too - it's quite subtle, but nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by martex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as part of the Seaweed starter kit from The Body Shop. I love the smell, but I don't think it works for dry skin. I have mixed skin, a bit oily around the nose, but dry in the cheeks and around the mouth, so when I put this on it works fine in the oily parts, but I have to insist and put much more in the dry parts.

It is like water, so very comfortable and fresh at night (specially in the summer), but as I said, it doesn't fit for dry skin. I do feel my skin a bit sticky after putting it on my face, but this lasts just one minute.

Although I love the smell, I don't think I'll buy it again. I've watched a video where a girl said that she use the day cream of these seaweed line at nights. I think I'll do that, as it is maybe a little more moisturizing and it doesn't have SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

I have oily/combination skin so when this seaweed line first came out I tried out quite a few of of the products from this line. Among them this was one of the products I liked the most.

It comes in a nice plastic pump tube that uses suction to dispense the product. You get no product waste with this style of packaging as the pumping mechanism is able to push all the product out and you can even take it apart to wash and reuse.

The product itself is a gel-like consistency and absorbs quickly into the skin. The fragrance is pleasant and mild like the rest of the seaweed line. My skin is extra soft and oil-free when I wake up, but it there are some days when I do wake up with a bit of oil on my face. I imagine it would not moisturize dry skin very well though.

As much as I liked this treatment, I think I only repurchased once because of the price. When it first came out it was only $18 but it's now $20 for 30ml. There aren't any ground-breaking ingredients or effects from using this and there are probably cheaper and better treatments you could use in its place (most of the TBS skincare tends to be like this), although TBS frequently has sales.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by dancesontrains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tried it on, it almost instantly dried my face and fingertips so much that I could feel the skin shrinking. Will not be trying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I never use a night treatment product before,so this is my first one. I like the result after several times of usage. It is perfect for my oily/combination skin. It doesnt dried out my skin,but it added extra moisture to it,and my little pimples slowly faded away if I use it regularly. One of the must-try-products.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by chestnut096

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my first night treatment product and luckily it works nicely with my combination skin, not really perfect but suits my skin well :) it makes my face feel fresh and moisturized when i wake up in the morning. i've bought the travel size-one and will totally buy the actual-size one

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great treatment for oily-combination skin. My skin has gotten drier as I've gotten older but I used to follow my bad habit of not putting any moisturizer on at night (as a teen, I thought the drier the better). This treatment adds moisture to my skin overnight but does not leave my skin feeling greasy which is always a plus. I think that my pimples look better when I am consistently using this as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I like this product. I wouldn't say it's the most moisturising product ever but I like the feeling of it on my skin and I really like the hygienic pump packaging. I would say that I've noticed since using it that my skin is not as oily as it used to be in the mornings when I wake up so I guess it's having some effect on my skin along with the rest of this line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I got this as part of the Seaweed starter kit from The Body Shop. I'm not sure if this product is meant to be used by itself or in conjunction with another moisturizer, but no night moisturizer was included with the kit (just the day one) and it is quite drying! even though I have combo/oily skin, it feels too dry if I don't moisturize, especially at night -_- if I use it with my regular moisturizer, it's ok I guess. but I just don't see the point of this product. I'd never buy it by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmercedez

this product , IS probably on of the most great products that i ve used now, after using that Pore perfector from the same regime, which made a HORRID out of my skin, i stopped using it, and start using only the night treatment day and night,
and i have to say, that is fucking amazing. !! although my skin, is SOOO prone to acne, and easily get BUMPS, and zits, and all sort of things,
as its very sensitive, this products really did it job pretty well,

at first , wearing it overnight, on my sort of severe acne, the next day, it will DEFINITELY shrink!! and after 3-5 days it will be completely gone, i m talking abt big NASTY acne, on my skin, 3-5 days would not happen with other products. it did not dry my skin, not like the other nasty acne treatment, works really well, red bumps dissapear within a day, i m just amazed. and i love it ! although i would want to discontinue using tbs, skin regime,cause i wanted a better and quick solution would still definitely REPURCHASE only this product to my skincare regime!