October 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Cheyenne Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a nice duo. I love the dark maroon mauvey color. It's a great crease color. I don't use the copper/orange color as much as I thought I would. The consistency is nice. Nar's has great duos and this is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This could be on its way to becoming one of my favorite NARS eyeshadow duos. On my NW45/NW47/NW50, the copper shade reads more as a metallic yellow-orange and the metallic dark mauve shade reads more metallic pinkish purple with muted brown undertones. With this duo,, I can do a subdued sunset look that is work-safe in my opinion. But to be honest, most of NARS eyeshadow duos are pretty work-safe on my skintone unless I use a white or light colored base to make it pop. I assumed that this duo would be a dud but it was a winner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Me : NC 40 medium dark, asian, yellow tone skin
This product contains dual color : a burnt gold color with lots of yellow hues in it and a dark cool purple which I think is very similar to UD Last Call

Pros :
very pigmented colors
soft, easily blended
long wearing

Cons:
might want to reconsider putting on the goldish yellow color if you have yellow tone skin, it make me look nauseated and sick.

The purple color is great though, putting all over lids it goes on as its true purple color, but blending it on the crease it morphes into dark brown color, which I totally love.

But I wont repurchase since I have way too many purples and I dont think the color is unique enough, and I just cant use the gold color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

I love this! This is my go-to eyeshadow for any night time look! I personally love the plum/brown colour more than the gold as it's more wearable and versatile for me and my skin tone. Both colours are pigmented and true to their colour, easy to apply and blendable, they last for a few hours and work better with a primer.
Love the colour and the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by kimmerz4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also got this on sephora for 10 dollars. I love Nars Eyeshadows, but sometimes don't have the extra bucks to spend on their eyeshadows and other products. this was a win for me, same quality with a better price. great color/pigmentation, easily blendable. cannot go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for $10 at Sephora. This was the best Sephora bargain I've ever received. Both sides are lovely colors. The purple side has an iridescent quality. The orange side is more opaque and good for a wash of color on my lids (NC42). I would buy this again, on sale. I'm very pleased to have received such a good eyeshadow duo for such a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do love this duo...it's nice for travel. These colors are colors I have in my costal scent palettes though. They are amazing eyeshadows...just would pick other nars over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally found a way to apply this eyeshadow duo for those cool-toned ladies like me. Like many reviews have mentioned here, these 2 colors are quite warm. But one day I was watching Gossip Girl and I noticed Serena Van der Woodsen was sporting a bronze eyeshadow look, and it looked quite good against her PPP skin. So this is what I came up with using the Nars Cheyenne Duo:

1) Use a neural skin-toned eyeshadow and do a quick wash all over the lids.

2) Pat the bronze eyeshadow from Nars Cheyenne Duo on the upper lids, then blend upwards to the crease.

3) Use a pencil brush to line your lower lash line with the burgundy eyeshadow from the Nars Duo.

4) Use the remaining eyeshadow on your pencil brush to line the upper lash line.

5) Use a black liquid eyeliner to line the upper lash line, and then use mascara.

6) Voila, you're done! You can use some bronzer to warm up your complexion to further accentuate the look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

During the Sephora F&F Sale, I snatched this up for $8, as it was on a special deal for $10, and then I got the 20% off; I figured that trying out a NARS eyeshadow for the price of a lunch wasn't too bad of a situation. I'm pleased to report that the purple-looking side works really well with my brown eyes: on my lids it appears more subtle than it looks in the pan. For MAC fans, think of a color that is slightly darker than Cranberry eyeshadow, and a bit like Star Violet but leaning more purple-brown than plum-brown. The orange-looking side is a smidge too orange, but I am able to use it by blending it with the purple side. Because of my eyelids, I apply my eyeshadows in gradations -- the darkest shade is closest to my lashline, then the middle color, and then the highlight, so I will usually wear the purple near the lashline, blend the orange in nearer to the crease, and then use a light color (something like MAC Ricepaper) nearest to my eyebrows. I think this is one of NARS' strongest-pigmented shadows, and they blend very well. Admittedly, I wouldn't have coughed up full price for this as I'm not in love with both colors, but considering that a MAC eyeshadow costs $14.50 for .05 oz, and a NARS duo costs $32 for .14 oz, the NARS duo actually works out to be a better deal. The only thing, of course, is that you feel like you're spending less when you buy a MAC eyeshadow. Overall I am pleased with my purchase and will look into other shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

such a good deal for $10 at Sephora's- lovely colors- especially for crease when doing browns on eyes.