December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - ideal gloss in pink shimmer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by hayiitsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this lip gloss for my birthday, and I am so glad that I did. The pink is such a pretty color and will match most skin colors. What I really love about this lip gloss though is the wand. It is more of a brush then a sponge, and it goes on nicely. The gloss itself lasts longer than any other I have tried, and i will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by redstampede

I found this at my local Big Lots; thanks to the great reviews here, I decided to give it a try, and I'm happy I did.

The packaging is nice and simple with a silver cap and a brush applicator inside (great for precision). The actual gloss is a bit thicker than your usual ones and nicely pigmented (light baby pink and shimmery). It gives my light pink lips a nice shine with even coverage.
There is a chemically smell (mabey mine has gone bad), but it fades after a few minutes... I would love the repurchase this in other darker shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by fRESH0UtDA0VEN

i don't know i wasn't really feelinq this lip qloss. it smellsz a little weird and it scratchesz at my lipsz a bit. it lastsz a lonq time thouqh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

*Click on continue to see a picture*

I LOVE this lip gloss! It's the perfect pale pink shade and I think it would be a no-fail color on all shades of skin. I'm pale and it works great on me. The applicator to me is an absolute dream! SO much better then a wand type brush. It's more like a lip brush in a tube! And it gives precise and even application. The color doesn't have too much shimmer, yet isn't flat either. The smell isn't strong, but it's sort of minty and definitly does not smell bad.

Btw, the picture on my lips, was taken with a shade corrector to take most of the pigment off my lips.

Also the price is very reasonable, but I couldn't find it in my drugstore, but I found it on ebay. I would definitly buy this again. I wish ALL lipglosses came with this type of applicator.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cuoremia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on clearance for less than 2 bucks. I hope they are just redoing the packaging, and not discontinuing this product. This is a really pretty color, very shimmery, but I don't know if I would buy this color again for myself. I think it looks a little off on me.

This is a nice gloss, though. It isn't very sticky and it gives the lips a nice sheen. When you looks closely, you can see all the little shimmers on your lips. It doesn't have much of a smell to it, and no taste. The applicator is a little brush. I was expecting it to be a sponge, which would make it easier to apply without a mirror, but the brush allows for more precise application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Girls, go out and buy this product. I have scoured the drug stores trying to find a good lip gloss. I have tried everything cover girl wet slicks to maybeline shinylicious to milani to neutrogena. But I never was completely satisfied with any of them. Some of them gave me painful blisters (Shinylicious!!!). Some of them were so sticky to the point of torture annoying, and I just had to rub it off no matter how pretty it looks. I hate feeling like i have glue on my lips. So in the end I would throw them away and make a vow to only wear burt bee's lip balm.

But being a girl, i just like to look at makeup. So one day, I was at Walmart and Almay was on sale. I purchased this gloss for about $6. It said on the carton that this ideal lip gloss was wearable for all skin tones. (I'm asian with golden tones). I tried it on immediately after i got home, and It was SO PRETTY. It's very natural (not like hot pink or bright to the point that I feel i can never wear it anywhere). It brightens my face and makes me look put together. It has a little bit of shimmer but not dramatic. The shimmer is very subtle and good.

Finally, it isn't sticky compared to some of the other glosses I have tried. In all, I enjoy wearing this lip gloss.

One last thing. the applicator is like a thin paint brush. So you have to look in the mirror when you apply.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

This product LOOKS great against my skin color. It does require a mirror for me to apply it though because you have to get it "just right" or you will be able to tell and it will look sloppy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by musicgeek00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color looks great against my pale skin. Not too sparkley, or sticky. The application is nice and not finicky. Pretty durable =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I never would have bought this lip gloss if it weren't for the magazine (Glamour Feb 2006) that rated it one of the top 10 prettiest lip glosses. I was searching for a lip gloss that I could wear everyday if to work or school. It was available in drugstores, so I went to Walgreens and searched for it. Luckily, I found it and the price wasn't bad. $5.99. I tried it on at home and asked my b.f. what he thought of it, he said, "It's nice. Simple, but not too boring." I looked at my lips in the mirror and thought that it gave me a nice bright complexion. I liked the way the gloss isn't TOO sparkly, it gives just the right amount of sparkle and it isn't TOO pink, it's just the right shade of pink. I like the texture and stickiness of it too. The stickiness doesn't bother me. This lip gloss is pretty and subtle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by eunhei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love lipgloss but this is probably my favorite out of all the ones I have. The color (pink) is perfect with my skin tone and it gives the perfect amount of shimmer. Application with the brush is smooth and easy and doesn't make a mess of your lips. It lasts quite a while and is well worth the money; very inexpensive.