August 29, 2014 | 1747 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Nivea - Visage Young Be Beautiful Tinted Moisturiser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by PeterBelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product was just euck! It was way, way, way too dark and it dried too quickly, so it would leave really obvious orange lines where it just wouldn't blend it in. I found this was the problem with one of their other tinted moisturisers. It also had a weird texture and it would just slide off my primer, which I haven't had any problem when I used the primer with anything else.

It was fairly cheap and it smelt nice. The packaging was cute too, but that's about all it's got going for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jordyhackman

To be honest this is awful. it doesn't cover up anything and it is too dark. They should make more tones so that people might actually suit the product and not look like they rubbed fake tan on their faces. It is light though and the moisture is great but it rubs off. It is super awesome for stage makeup when you need to look darker and not be washed out by the lights but other than for that reason i wouldnt buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by locasanchez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for about 2-3 years back in high school along with the rest of the nivea young skincare range. It made my skin feel hydrated and look flawless but I found that it just sat on my skin and I avoided all contact to my face in case it rubbed off. It has natural coverage with a dewy finish which made my face look pretty oily at the end of the day before I started using pressed powder on top but I still found myself reapplying. There's no range of shades and the single one is supposed to adapt to your natural skin tone and it came out slightly white on me. It was the first form of any type of coverage or cosmetic I used so I had nothing to compare it to until I move onto Garnier BB cream and proper foundation. Definitely wouldn't go back. It was a good option at the time because I didn't want to use foundation and still wanted a bit of coverage for school, as well as being the cheapest and probably the only tinted moisturiser for young skin back then. Don't recommend it, there are far more better options out there now!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Linneaus

This tinted moisturiser comes in one colour and for many Europeans and Asians, it may well be too dark.

If you have light to medium skin, it probably won't work for you, but I suppose the difficulty of making this product work is probably the difficulty that faces many darker skinned women who are made to feel bad for having the skin colour they have when most cosmetics giants neglect to make colours suitable for them.

I have medium fair skin and had to blend this out so much that I barely had the moisturiser on my face. If layered more thickly than a fine layer, the moisturiser balls and flakes off, the tone of the moisturiser and the large pigment particles means that it emphasises flaky skin and small pin-prick depressions in your skin. It does however even out the skin tone. On my skin tone, it darkens my skin a few shades like a bronzer.

This would be suitable for women or girls, or men or boys, with medium to olive skin. It's too light still for darker skin types or lighter skin types. It moisturisers too little and hence is suitable for those with oily to oiler skin, with little flakes or flaws or scaring for acne, and little pin-prick depressions on skin. The product may well emphasise all the above.

You need to have the right skin tone and reasonably perfect skin to use this product and as I doubt that many people have such perfect skin, I think the product will be disappointing to many people.

The fun thing about this product was using it as a moisturiser for my legs. The product didn't work for my face so I had the whole bottle spared. It really evens out the skin tone of your legs and gives them a nice glow, provided you blend well and leave a thin layer it stays on all day and is the best body bronzer I've tried. It looks completely natural and flawless, not orange, yellow or brown like fake tan. So if you have a spare bottle that you don't want to use- have a bit of fun with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

TERRIBLE!
BROKE ME OUT INSANELY! It makes me look so fake and plastic. The tone of the moisturizer is WAY too dark. Smells terrible.
WORST TINTED MOISTURIZER

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by kasia5

I was so disappointed with this - I expected better since I really love the regular daily essentials nivea tinted moisturiser. The colour only works if you're tanned. Also, for my skin, it made my skin tingle in a bad way.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by arabellaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really thinking when I bought this product but I am genuinely upset at the quality of it. The one big thing that really upsets me is that there is no colour selection. Although the texture and smell is really lovely, when you wear this product for more than a few hours, it starts to really show up and it kind of flakes off. There is still a large amount left and a few days ago, I decided to try it again but it still didn't work for me. Overall, this product was a big let down and a big no-no for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by shaz1130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never bothered to actually write a review but i decided that this product was so unsatisfactory that i just had to. At first the coverage was great and the application was very smooth and made my skin feel great. However almost instantly the coverage disappears and starts to wear off and streak. The scent is quite nice like all Nivea products do but overall i will never ever buy this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by cathmandu

I've never used makeup or any form of cosmetics prior to this year. I started using this tinted moisturiser and started to like it, however about a month after using it everyday (and yes, washing it off everynight with a cleanser). I broke out in the worst possible manner. Before this, my skin was flawless and I hardly ever got even the smallest pimple. I stopped using this product...and suddenly my skin is pimple free again. Probably just a personal thing - but warning!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Back when I was a lot younger, this used to always be advertised in magazines and was supposed to be the best thing to wear to school when you weren't allowed to wear foundation, or for a natural look. Being naive, I purchased this but I even remember back then struggling to make it work - it looked so much darker and surprisingly, more fake looking than wearing foundation itself. Recently I was given a few of these for free from a relative who works closely with Nivea, and yet even though I've improved in applying my makeup now that I'm more mature, this is STILL as rubbish as I remember it being. This is supposed to adapt to your natural skintone, yet on my fair skin, this looks completely and utterly ORANGE. This is at least an NW25. It's also near on impossible to blend, I tried brushes, a sponge and even my bare fingers. Nothing would blend this in, and it looked completely unnatural and fake. I was orange, streaky and a complete mess. When I think of a tinted moisturizer, I think of a 'natural' look, somewhat of glow. "Barely there" even springs to mind. In the case of this, I can't think of anything more unnatural. I wanted this to work, but it really doesn't. This just reinforces my belief in that when it comes to cosmetics you get what you pay for.