April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Polish in French Manicure

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just picked this up at Sally's and boy do I wish I had of sooner. This little kit is fantastic. I do at home french manicures all the time, and always used other brand name polishes that chipped after one or two days, and never seemed to hold a shine. This kit does it all, and lasts! The base/top coat dries super fast, and leaves a lovely shine that lasts for days! and the white stripes are amazing. Best I've ever used actually. Wish it came with more - I was only able to do my nails twice, before having to go to sallys and purchase more. Minor complaint. I had no chips after 7 days! Now that is amazing, considering the ware and tare I put my nails through on a daily basis. Definitely give this kit a try! You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

The best french manicure colour there is out there, IMHO :) I love Bare Rose with White Tips or Pointe Blache. The bare rose gives the nail and healthy rosy look . Bare Rose is my favourite colour for French Manicure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this in "déjà vu", picked it up at Sally's for about $5. It's just great! Pale creamy pink. Good coverage, but sheer enough that you can still see the natural tips of my nails. I don't even bother doing white tips, just using this polish gives a great effect. Makes my nails look beautiful, clean, and healthy. I use this over Orly Bonder with Seche Vite on top. ZERO chips for 5 days and counting, and I'm the kind of person who will start to pick at my polish after a few days. With this stuff, I can't even if I tried! It won't budge. Good for the polish and good for my nails! Also loving the cap design.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello where have you been all my life. I feel like I am always on a quest for nude nailpolishes and end up with tons of bottles that are streaky, too glittery, horrible brush, etc etc. Never used an orly polish before but bought this today at CVS...and immediately went back to by the base coat and another shade. I have this in Sweet Blush which is a pink french mani shade. Looked good after 2 coats but the 3rd made it perfect. Dried fast, even application, love the rubberized top. I'll only be buying this brand from now on. For the price, the quality can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by lilykoala

Though my toes are always an impeccable cherry red, I NEVER bother painting my nails. Every brand i've tried chips, and I just can't seem to get the hang of a good clean application. And as a college student, I don't have the $$ to get manicures on a regular basis. On a CVS whim, I got this since it looked pretty "idiot-proof". I got this in "bare rose" and I am blown away. This makes my nails rosy, natural, and polished with an out of this world shine. It's so sheer that it lets my natural white tips show through so I look like a have naturally french tipped nails. The staying power is also terrific. This is the first polish that hasn't chipped on the second day! I think I am now a Orly lover.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I also have this in Angel Face color. Really lovely pastel pink, not too warm, not too cool. But my main problem here is when I apply it, it doesn't matter if it's one, two or three coats, it streaks! You can see visible streaks even if I shake the bottle before application. Other than that, I can't say anything about the color. It's slightly more opaque than Sally Hansen's French Manicure shades, but not as opaque as their usual nail lacquers.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by NadyaE

I got this in Pink Nude. Like the color very stylish and neat, received quate a few complements on it. Hate that it doesn't stay on my nails and starts chipping after couple of days. Will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I bought this online, by mistake. I didn't realise it was a French manicure polish, just thought it was a nude shade . I think it was incorrectly labelled on the website. In fact,the shade isn't bad worn on its own - i.e. without any white tips, which can look a big WAGGISH these days.
But I'm not wild about it because it is so very thin. I appreciate this is probably because it's intended as a French manicure polish but I am reviewing it on the basis of an ordinary nail polish, as that's what I bought it for. I apply basecoat, then I had to apply three coats of this before I was satisfied with the look. Even then, I think a fourth coat might have looked better. At this rate, it's not going to last me very long at all. Although the price wasn't bad.
One other good point is that it does have a terrific high shine - better than any other polish I've worn.
Other people have commented that it chips easily. I haven't noticed this is any worse than other polishes I wear, although of course it doesn't notice so much because of the shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ashytaylor

ok so the first time i used this kit i loved it but now after the 2nd time it already got clumpy and weird and it chipped so fast in a day
i dont like it anymore. but the white is a really good color well pigmented but clumpy =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great nail polish. I'm always searching for the perfect pale pink, as I usually keep my nails polished in very neutral tones (I do colored nails for special occasions or when I feel like playing with a bold color). I purchased this in Pink Nude, and it's very flattering. I only need one coat of this - two coats looks too white on me. This is a good bet for clean and fresh looking nails, and great for at home manicures. EDIT - I removed one lippie because after two days, this polish is already chipping. I still really love the color, but wish this was longer lasting.