December 19, 2014 | 1460 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Antiquitease

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I was very disappointed and unimpressed with this lipstick. But I must say, it really grew on me. It a nice nude color for tan or dark complexions.

This also works best if I put red lipstick on and leave it in enough to stain my lips, removing the red lipstick and then applying Antiquitease. This is what I did in the picture I uploaded. Even without this method the lipstick is fantastic, and though the lipstick is subtle on tan/dark skin, it's hue stands out very well because it turns to beautiful shimmery coppery/pink.

Perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

how i thought this would even look good i have no idea. it's so ugly i'm actually getting angry writing about it. just really not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

MAC do such a lot of lip colours it's difficult to choose between them! This one looked like my sort of thing - I'm a green-eyed redhead with fair skin. The lipstick is a coppery gold colour, described as a Frost. It is a bit frosty, but not too much - I am too old for anything too shimmery.
The colour is good as it's not too dark for my fair skin and there's quite a bit of gold in it, which compliments my hair colour (which is more of a stawberry blonde than an auburn).
Not especially long-lasting, unfortunately, but I have yet to find a lipstick that lasts, except for those horrid ones that dry your lips up. This one is quite creamy and moisturizing.
I may buy it again next time, on the other hand I may select from one of MAC's myriad other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cougess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The other reviewers have described the color very well. In the tube it does look imposing but it looks beautiful on. I am half asian with yellow undertones and this lipstick is a neutral with a kick! It looks great on its own. I wish I had bought 2. This is one of my favorite mac colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

Beautiful. I bought two because I will be melting it down into a pot l/s and doing Back to MAC once again. Good thing they had this in stock, a lot of retails don't anymore. I was thinking about getting Queen's Sin and Budding Lust, but neh. The MA paired this with a lustreglass and I bought it as well but it looks more brownish (Beaux Lustreglass), which was what I was going for. Bad thing about this is I believe its a Frost formula, so Lustreglass+Frost lipstick= no long term results like a Satin Formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous shimmery coppery bronze. A little goes a long way. Love the vanilla scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You guys, this is really beautiful! I rarely wear neutrals, so this is the perfect thing for me - it's neutral-esque, but shimmery and richly copper, with just enough pink to keep me from looking all washed out and stuff. I'm in the NC family (depending on season, anywhere from 15 to 30 +), and I usually do the goth thing, but this works well with either dramatic eyes and my purple hair all down, or for a more casual kind of glowy look. Sometimes I wear big white gowns out to goth clubs, and this is going to be so perfect with the black, cream and gold thing I usually do with my makeup for those occasions. Excellent stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a PPP with golden red hair & hazel/blue eyes, and love my MAC Dubonnet l/s, but have been looking for a neutral lippy for those days I want a low maintaince look. When I saw the Holiday Collection model wearing Antiquitease l/s, I immediately ordered it in anticipation that it would set off my eyes, skin, & hair as it does for her. No such luck. On me, Antiquitease is VERY gold...Solid Gold dancer gold...with only a hint of red shimmer at my lipline. My husband said it matched my hair, but otherwise it made my face look dull and washed out. I love MAC's formula, the price ain't bad for the quality (and that's saying something since before MAC I wouldn't buy any l/s over $4 at the drugstore), but this color just didn't work for me. Disappointing, since it seems to be aimed at women with my coloring, and I'm really jealous if this shade works for you!! ; )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I really like this for what it is. On me it is a bronzish copperish goldish color depending on what I have on with it. It seems to reflect the colors around it so it is very versatile. The color stays a long time without reapplying and the feel of the lipstick is better than most frosts but like most MACs I have it is a bit dry. I don't think I'll buy it again because it is special but not that special. I am very bored with neutral lips and this is a step up from that without being blaring so I am happy with it. And, it will match a lot of my fall outfits. I also got the gold pigment from this line and it is really more burgundy on me and it is very pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 9:49:00 AM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In the tube this looks brown and daunting. It probably helps that my very warm skintone tends to bring out the pink in lipsticks. Lightly applied, this is just a lovely bronzey pink on me with a lot of shimmer. Heavily applied, it's costumey -- like coating one's lips in copper foil.