Redken All Soft Velvet Whip

3.6

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, sodium carboxymethyl starch, cetearyl alcohol, dimethiconol, phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, triethanolamine, methylparaben, carbomer, parfum/fragrance, PEG-40, olea europaea/olive fruit oil, camelina sativa, camelina sativa seed oil, oleth-10, persea gratissima/avocado oil, linalool, coumarin, benzyl alcohol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene disodium cocoamphodipropionate, butylphenyl methylpropional, silk amino acids, citronellol, amyl cinnamal, octylacrylamide/acrylates/butylaminoethyl methacrylate copolymer, lecithin, phosporhic acid, polyquaternium-10, ethylparaben, disodium EDTA

on 9/4/2014 1:20:00 PM

I bought this at the salon and forgot about it for a while.
Took it out recently to use it up.
Seems a bit heavy for my fine hair. There's a lot left at the bottom and it won't pump out, but since it's so heavy I can't just flip the bottole and get some that way. Won't be repurchasing since I found better products since.

on 5/13/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i loved this one!
Is a thermal activated cream, so you NEED to blow dry it, otherwise you'll not see the results.
It's soooo sad that Redken has discontinued this one....
It really made my hair with a lot of shine and healthy looking.
So, if you find some to buy and are searching how to use it properly, here is the tip:

After washing, dry your hair with a towel and use the cream all over it (do not use on the root).
Dry with a hair dryer.

DONE!
It's not a leave in....
It's a product that will give your hair more shine and less frizz.

Will miss it.....

on 7/19/2013 1:43:00 AM

I recommend this for long hair. As many 4-lippie reviewers said, this is a thermal, heat-activated leave in conditioner - thank you, fellow MUA reviewers. I would not have noticed this on the fine print on the bottle. After washing my mid-back straight one-length hair, I apply a quarter-size dollop to the towel dried damp hair. I lightly blow dry on a low heat setting until the hair is about 80% dry. Then I comb through with a wide-tooth comb. This product makes the combing smooth and easy. It is the following day that I feel the full magic of the leave-in conditioning. If you have short hair or wash your hair daily, you may not feel the conditioning and smoothing effect. I do not use a hair straightener or hot rollers; my hair is not dry.

on 4/5/2012 11:43:00 AM

This is a great product for dry and over processed hair, I put it on after towel drying before blow drying. Only will see results when heat is applied to the hair. Love it for longer hair.

on 2/29/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Had high hopes for this one. Sadly, this just doesn't work for me. I have thick, long, partially bleached hair and the ends are really dry at the moment. After using this I see no difference in my hair. I gave it two months. Now back to Redken Anti-Snap.

on 6/22/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Maybe it depends on the type of hair or how you use it, but it just makes mine feel dryer. I've tried it as a leave in styling product and before using straighteners but not impressed so far...

on 12/20/2010 6:56:00 AM

For those of you buying this as a 'leave-in' you are not reading up on the product before buying.

It is NOT a leave-in, it IS a THERMAL lotion to put on your hair AFTER towel drying. Of course if you buy it as a leave-in you WILL be disappointed.

I use this after towel drying on my fine wavy hair. As you blow-dry even on a low setting the luxe feel of your hair afterward is amazing. It seems to help straightening even though it's not advertised as much though it does protect from heat.

The feeling on the hair isn't very silicone based to the touch which is great. No more than 1-2 squirts of product is good enough for my long hair (mostly through the last half of my hair).

I choose this product over any serum as it seems to conserve moisture. I usually use a purple shampoo for my blonde, the All Soft Conditioner and then this.
Lasts for AGES.

on 11/26/2010 9:22:00 PM

While this does leave my hair feeling soft, I find that it also leaves my hair feel very limp and heavy.

on 11/13/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
It makes my hair super soft and moisturized.
the smallest one was on sale for 2 bucks at ulta, and i thought hey what the heck and it is amazing
i totally recommend it.

on 9/24/2010 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product! I use this after I shower only on the ends, where my hair is damaged from highlights, and the occasional In-Styler. All it takes is about 2 pumps- rub evenly in both hands, and apply to the ends. (I read many reviews stating the product was too heavy and made hair limp. Not the case! If you achieve those results, you are using too much product, ladies!) I found this to be one of the best products I have ever used (after trying hundreds of conditioners- both rinse-out and leave-in). Found that it transformed my hair to a silky smooth texture. My HG!