August 28, 2014 | 918 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - All Soft Velvet Whip

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i loved this one!
Is a thermal activated cream, so you NEED to blow dry it, otherwise you'll not see the results.
It's soooo sad that Redken has discontinued this one....
It really made my hair with a lot of shine and healthy looking.
So, if you find some to buy and are searching how to use it properly, here is the tip:

After washing, dry your hair with a towel and use the cream all over it (do not use on the root).
Dry with a hair dryer.

DONE!
It's not a leave in....
It's a product that will give your hair more shine and less frizz.

Will miss it.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by dcaf_01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recommend this for long hair. As many 4-lippie reviewers said, this is a thermal, heat-activated leave in conditioner - thank you, fellow MUA reviewers. I would not have noticed this on the fine print on the bottle. After washing my mid-back straight one-length hair, I apply a quarter-size dollop to the towel dried damp hair. I lightly blow dry on a low heat setting until the hair is about 80% dry. Then I comb through with a wide-tooth comb. This product makes the combing smooth and easy. It is the following day that I feel the full magic of the leave-in conditioning. If you have short hair or wash your hair daily, you may not feel the conditioning and smoothing effect. I do not use a hair straightener or hot rollers; my hair is not dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ebanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product for dry and over processed hair, I put it on after towel drying before blow drying. Only will see results when heat is applied to the hair. Love it for longer hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by OlivianaVS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Had high hopes for this one. Sadly, this just doesn't work for me. I have thick, long, partially bleached hair and the ends are really dry at the moment. After using this I see no difference in my hair. I gave it two months. Now back to Redken Anti-Snap.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Blodwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybe it depends on the type of hair or how you use it, but it just makes mine feel dryer. I've tried it as a leave in styling product and before using straighteners but not impressed so far...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mjasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For those of you buying this as a 'leave-in' you are not reading up on the product before buying.

It is NOT a leave-in, it IS a THERMAL lotion to put on your hair AFTER towel drying. Of course if you buy it as a leave-in you WILL be disappointed.

I use this after towel drying on my fine wavy hair. As you blow-dry even on a low setting the luxe feel of your hair afterward is amazing. It seems to help straightening even though it's not advertised as much though it does protect from heat.

The feeling on the hair isn't very silicone based to the touch which is great. No more than 1-2 squirts of product is good enough for my long hair (mostly through the last half of my hair).

I choose this product over any serum as it seems to conserve moisture. I usually use a purple shampoo for my blonde, the All Soft Conditioner and then this.
Lasts for AGES.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this does leave my hair feeling soft, I find that it also leaves my hair feel very limp and heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by choosejuicy

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
It makes my hair super soft and moisturized.
the smallest one was on sale for 2 bucks at ulta, and i thought hey what the heck and it is amazing
i totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product! I use this after I shower only on the ends, where my hair is damaged from highlights, and the occasional In-Styler. All it takes is about 2 pumps- rub evenly in both hands, and apply to the ends. (I read many reviews stating the product was too heavy and made hair limp. Not the case! If you achieve those results, you are using too much product, ladies!) I found this to be one of the best products I have ever used (after trying hundreds of conditioners- both rinse-out and leave-in). Found that it transformed my hair to a silky smooth texture. My HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Mia87

Ok, so i used this few months ago, its good but its not a miricle, I have. I have typical cacucian hair, very thick, buffy and unruly if not kept under control. This product did make my hair softer, i would usually put it in when i towel dry hair and then blow dry, it wouldnt calm the frizz down, but soften my hair. I guess if you are looking for a product that will take out the frizz and calm your hair down, this product wont do...