April 25, 2014 | 1015 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Guerlain - Secret de Purete Eye & Lip Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, let me say I am surprised that this product got two very bad reviews only here, now granted it is an expensive eye makeup remover so perhaps not so many have tried it. I recently bought it at 35% off at my local perfumerie and went ahead despite these reviews since I have only had the best experience with Guerlain thus far and needed a remover and wanted to give this a try.

Now before I continue I have to mention that I have the worst allergies and most sensitive eyes and skin, I have had a problem with most eye makeup removers except perhaps for Clinique's Take the Day off but that is very oily. Have been looking for one that is effective, nice and non-irritating.

Well, it seems that I have just found it. This Guerlain is the very best eye makeup remover I have ever tried, the texture is wonderful not oily but very soothing and smoothing and it really does what it says; in addition to removing makeup very very effectively, faster and with less product than anything else I have tried, it also has skin care benefits. I feel that if I leave it on it actually helps instead of wanting to wash off the residue instantly. I have felt absolutely no irritation either.

I really hope they are not discontinuing it as it is a great product and now I may want to look into the other products in the line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by vickypollard

I agree with the previous reviewer, this stuff irritated my eyes like crazy! I was shocked as I trust Guerlain products and had high hopes for this makeup remover. I will stick with Orlane's Absolute Skin Recovery Cleansing Serum Eyes. If you haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself. I love it! Guerlain needs to re-think this product as it's simply too irritating to use around the eyes. Orlane, I'm coming back to you ASAP!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Okay, this product is horrible. And let me open by noting that I LOVE all things Guerlain. I am a Guerlain woman. Love the makeup, love the skincare. I'm one of the people who loves the flashy packaging. So when this product was introduced by Guerlain, I jumped to buy it. But much to my dismay it is one of the most irritating products I've ever put near my eyes. It's a creamy gel that comes in a pump dispenser and, as noted in its name, is to be used as an eye and lip makeup remover. The full name is Guerlain Secret de Purete Lotus Cristal Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover. The label reads, "Smooths & Illuminates." I've seen no smoothing effects from it, and "Illuminates" should be replaced with "Irritates." It's HARSH. I can use it to remove lipstick (although it's bitter, bad taste is unavoidable when used for that, so its not good for that either), but I purchased it for it's touted eye-makeup removing abilities. Oh, it stings and burns and irritates. It reminds me of a cream facial cleanser that is NOT meant to be used on the eyes (and warns and such) and if you accidently get it near your eyes you instantly regret it. I'm really shocked by this product because it is so amazingly irritating and, on top of that, it doesn't really do a good job taking off eye makeup. Since I am a lover of all things Guerlain (except this product), I gave it several tries hoping maybe my bad reaction was an aberration. I tried it several different ways. First on wet cotton like the label advises. Then mixed with more water to dilute it. Then just straight not mixed with anything. It was AWFUL every time. Please be warned. Do not put this anywhere near your eyes.