September 1, 2014 | 1922 users online

Palettes - Yves Saint Laurent - Love Collection Multi-Usage Make-Up Palette

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say this first: This palette's packaging is WAY TOO CUTE and ADORABLE <3 even my friends complimented on it everytime they saw it!
Okay, I'm going to start reviewing the product itself. The eyeshadows, which i tried the amber and the plum e/s on my eyelids with e/s base/primer, the shadows are pigmented, but they're not easily blendable. Not particularly impressive. The lightest shadow on the left, I couldn't get ANY color to show up on my eyelid and my hand as well, and there are huge chunks of glitter falling out, u know if they start to fall out, it means the glitter is in pretty big pieces but not finely milled, DISAPPOINTING.

The blush is a VERY TINY space...while I adore the heart-shaped puff that comes along with it, it is not usable really....I couldn't get that puff to dab on the blush. Then I used my contour blush brush, and the blush powder keeps getting everywhere on the palette as the blush space is so small to dab my brush. IMPRACTICAL design even though it's cute.

The lip sticks/ gloss, the Pink lipstick on the right was thick, oily-smelling (which most lipsticks do, and I never wear lipsticks), but gave nice color to the lips (probably a bit too deep for my look, but I liked it anyways). The other 2 lipsticks I haven't tried, and am not interested in their colors. The golden gloss on the left, I thought it should be glittery, at least a bit, as I love the golden gloss color, but I couldn't get the color really show up on my lips, and the texture is weird, it's like I'm dabbing my finger onto some dried glue but cannot get the gloss on my fingers, nevermind the brush.

The highlighting powder is cute, with YSL name etched on it, but I have not tried on my face, yet the same problem happens - huge pieces of glitter fell out as I wiped it on my hand - HOW COULD YOU GET THIS ONTO YOUR FACE TO HIGHLIGHT if it keeps falling off???

Quality wise, I'm quite disappointed in YSL (I SO WANTED TO MAKE MYSELF LIKE IT!), packaging wise I would repurchase. Duh, but it looks like I won't be finishing this anyways....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kgrinn

What a gorgeous palette! I have to say that it's a lot smaller than I expected, but then again I'm not disappointed. I think this palette will last me quite a long time. I ordered it (june 08) at the YSL US online boutique. It came in a sheer black ysl draw bag (which I think only comes with purchases from this online boutique) and has a red velvet cloth case. The red case surprisingly has no indication of YSL I'd be careful because the white gold case can very easily mark and it's hard to get these off! I used a wipe to clean of my finger marks but it only left streaks. I dried it with a cloth a couple hours later when I noticed it and that has worked fairly well. The outside of this case works well as a mirror, and the mirror inside is also very handy.
oh, and btw, I have green eyes and light brown hair with a medium complexion.
The gold eyeshadow is orange based and like to use this underneath the bottom lashes as a liner. The light eyeshadow is a very basic with a beige base -it's a nice shadow to own. The reddish shadow is rather purplish and I think would be hard to use outside this palette. All of these shadows are perfect for blending!
The highlighter is very nice and has Yves' signature etched in. I'm not so skilled with highlighters yet, but this is impressive nonetheless.
The pink lipstick on the right is the only sparkly lipstick. It is like a dream! The middle lipstick works into a very nice light, nude pink on me. The darker lipstick is perfect for this palette and matches the dark shadow. I could see doing a whole look revolving around this lipstick and the dark shadow. The gold gloss works well over lipstick and is not as goopy as it may seem. When on alone it does not look gold, but for me it highlights my natural color.
The blush has a little white (with YSL on it in gold) heart-shaped puff to use-- very cute! The blush really looks great with the colors in the palette and is my first highly pigmented blush.
Overall this is a handy palette that is unique and a great alternative to basics. Everything within this palette is satisfactorily long lasting. I'm very happy with this purchase!
R.I.P Yves Mathieu Saint Laurent <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Sicely24

I have my collection, but I haven't used it yet. Will be back to fill in the review ...if I can ever bring myself touch this piece of perfection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i adore almost every single palette ysl makes. this is no exception. the contents and packaging were beautifully described below, so i will comment on the wearability and quality.

ysl blush and e/s last all day and night once applied. the blushes are very sheer and require 'building' but i like that. the pigmentation and blendability of the e/s is superior, the lipsticks are perfect...long lasting..i have never ever ever had a complaint about a ysl product. the packaging is sleek and upscale, the coloratins of the products seem to be able to work with all skintones because they are so buildable...

this is still available on the ysl site and at a few stores. i strongly recommend. excellent quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

YSL's Love Collection Multi-Usage Make-Up Palette (aka YSL "White Gold" Celebration Palette") is probably my most delightful makeup purchase of 2007. (pic in profile) Departing from the industrial NARS rubberized palettes, Bobbi Brown's dreadfully bulky palettes, YSL's Love Collection palette slides out of its box in a red velvet sleeve. This sleek silver compact contains truly breathtaking shades:

Three shiny lipsticks- a plum berry, a peach nude, and a pink with fine silvery shimmer. (.10 oz)
A nice-sized pan of lip gloss with gold glitter (.06 oz)
Three Eye shadows - champagne shimmer, cinnamon-dusted gold (matches gloss), and a gorgeous plum (matches plum lipstick).(.10 oz)
Shimmer highlighter (fine gold with "Yves Saint Laurent" etched in tiny script) and rosy pink blush (matches pink lipstick). (.14 oz)

I love the product placement, how the shades mirror each other. The tools included are a double-ended eyeshadow applicator, a lip gloss applicator with bristles, and a tiny, flat heart puff - with "YSL" on it to cover the blush. What a chic, luxurious palette. It's totally stolen my heart! I like its risky, radical break from the Neutral Zone of schoolmarm browns and slates. Kudos to YSL for making a fun, celebratory palette!