Ulta Eye Shadow Base

2.7

on 4/7/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i started using this mostly because it was cheap and figured if it didn't work, at least i didn't waste a lot of money. for a while it worked really well and i liked it a lot. then all of a sudden, a couple months ago, it just stopped working and my shadow was creasing like crazy! maybe it's because the product wasn't brand new anymore, so it lost it effectiveness. whatever the case, i don't think i'll buy this again.

on 2/24/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Genuinely disappointed in this base. The color was okay, it's a light sheer yellow base but unfortunately it creases like crazy on me, and I do not consider myself as having "oily" lids since I live in the desert, so the humidity is not a problem here. Had to return it :( Definitely will not repurchase this. I gave it 2 lippie instead of 1 lippie because I don't think it's the WORST product i've ever purchased.

on 1/25/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

No....don't like this at all. It's to creamy, too light. Not happy.

on 11/16/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I don't have a problem with eye shadow lasting. It usually stays put for me even with no primer. I was looking for a base to make the colors a bit more vibrant, and the Ulta base doesn't really do this. I'll keep experimenting with different types of eye shadows and this base though. As others have suggested, this color is good for an under eye brightener. I also use it over my Sephora lip primer pencil when I wear light colored lip sticks. Seems to work great for colors on the lips, and for that I will re-purchase. Plus, it's cheap (got it with another Ulta eye shadow BOGO) and I like the packaging.

on 11/15/2009 3:10:00 PM

I bought this a couple of days ago hoping it would help keep my e/s in place and prevent creasing. Well I don't know if there is some trick to using this, but it seems to make it worse for me. I gave it plenty of time to dry on my lids before applying e/s but my lids looks so greasy and oily that the eyeshadow is just smearing off throughout the day and that is not something that happen before. I guess I'll go back to using Avon's Magix on my lids. I will definitely not repurchase this again. I don't think I can use this as a concealer as it is very very light compared to my skin tone.

on 5/14/2009 12:22:00 AM

I think this product is okay for under the eyes brightener, but I wouldn't use it for its purpose mainly because it creases and does not prevent smudging. The creasing happens within 3 hours. Will not purchase again because it is too much money (~$12) for what it can do....

on 4/30/2009 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love love Love it! This stuff is super duper CHEAP and works! This is a good transition eye shadow base if you want to use it when your UDPP runs out. I think it really does the job intended, and has not creased on me, and I have combination skin.
OMGGGG...I just used this as a concealer this morning, and it works so perfectly. I have neverrrrrrrr used a product that corrects my dark circles like this stuff does. The texture is perfect for this. I'm heading to buy a lot more this weekend!!! Wooohooooooo
~Modiva~

on 3/28/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a good base since I thin UDPP is too steep for a college student on a budget. I thought that since Ulta seems to have good products that I should try this out since there was a BOGOF with their eyes and lips products.

Big disappointment. Just like some reviewers have said here, it made my eyes look ghostly! I'm asian with fair/medium skin tone, and this just went on pasty white on my eyes. It was horrible. I even tried it as an undereye concealer like others have suggested, but it is still to white for me.

I tried putting e/s over this of course, but for some reason it makes the pigments of the e/s dull. I tried 3 different shades over this and it just did not hold on to the color. It made the e/s very dull and light even though the L'Oreal HIP e/s in Progressive is usually pigmented on my lids. It's just not a good product. Too bad. Save your money.

on 3/24/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In a way this is better than UDPP. UDPP is often too sheer and too tacky. Shadows will stick on the lid for sure, but they often stay in one spot and cannot be blended well. That depends on the shadow, but I've noticed it happens alot. I love the way this completely wipes on evenly and gives a new "canvas" on eyes. Lasting power and intensity of the shades is better because it's not sheer. However it works best for light-medium skintones due to the shade. I also feel this could last longer, so if you have trouble with UDPP this is a good option. It's also far cheaper and a pan. So you get all of it, and wands are not less sanitary than using your finger.

on 2/22/2009 9:16:00 PM

I have UDPP -- and while I think it's okay -- it's not worth the money. Ulta's eyeshadow base is almost always on sale and it works great. It deposits a skin colored tone when applied -- which is great to even out the lids, as well as prime them. I also use this on the lower lash line -- and it works BETTER than the UDPP for the lower lash line. My lids are very oily -- and this stood up to that. Would recommend for anyone who is on a tight budget, but wants some good quality make up. I would recommend any of Ulta's products -- they're absolutely amazing!!!!

Top Rated Ulta Products