October 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Loose Powders - Palladio - Rice Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by kv23

packaging is the only con but with a rubberband on hand yo keep the lid shut its my favorite mattifying powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by patzolay

My favorite powder :) I have sensitive skin so I discovered "natural" products work better on me, no redness or any bad reaction.

For everyday I use the traslucent and when I want more color the natural even my fave is the first one because I found the other a bit darker than me but works ok. I like how it looks after Garnier BB cream or alone :)

Last all day and also works perfect when you want your lipstick all day

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by juliackendall

Love this powder because it doesn't make me break out, and it covers nicely!! My only complaints are that you have to reapply frequently and the packaging could be better. The lid falls off pretty easily and can make a mess in my make-up bag if it gets tousled around. Other than those minor setbacks I highly recommend this powder to people with acne prone skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This loose powder if fantastic. I bought a container on a whim and I don't regret it.
It effectively sets makeup, controls shine, and mattifies skin. Warning: A little goes a long way. Use a light hand when applying this stuff.
My skin is so pale that I can use this powder almost like a powder foundation after I have applied primer (I bought translucent). It feels good on the skin and has never caused me any irritation or to break out. I love it.
Of course I use it over my liquid foundation too. I tend to use it when I'm going for a more retro look, what with red lipstick and a black cat eye, as it really seems to provide that naturally matte finish that brings it all together.
However, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. So, that is why it has only a four out of five from me. It can get messy very quickly. If I travel with it I tend to keep it in a plastic bag separate from my other makeup, just to avoid a messy spill. Or just tape the lid shut...
You do get a lot of product in this container though. Despite being relatively small, the powder supply seems endless. This, along with the fine quality of the powder, makes it a great value for the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Palladio's Oil Absorbing Rice Powder is definitely above-average; it's a lot better than some other powders in regards to absorbing oil on my face. What has me disliking it is that like a lot of cosmetic lines, it's not dark/black skin friendly. There are three shades: Natural, Translucent, & Warm Beige. I got it in Translucent because "translucent" is typically perfect for any & all skin tones. Can I tell you… this powder is white on me! I don't like & don't use the puff enclosed; I use a separate kabuki brush. The darkest shade is Warm Beige, but I think even that would still be too light on me.

I use Rice Powder both alone & to set makeup, although for obviously reasons, I prefer to wear it on top of a foundation. The powder itself is excellent—it controls shine & mattifies my complexion well. To those of you who care, the scent is barely-there; it's very light, if you can even notice it. While I can appreciate that this powder isn't tested on animals & is non-comedogenic, it would be a lot better if I could comfortably wear it alone & not just to set makeup. Even when I use it to set makeup, I have to be careful & use an extremely light hand. Anyhow, it can be bought for $5 at Sally Beauty Supply.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Avice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder made my face ITCH like crazy after putting it on. I also hated the STRONG perfume smell, which may be what my skin was sensitive to. As a setting powder I had no strong feelings about it—it was neither great nor terrible in performance—but because of the itchiness I returned my compact and won't be repurchasing it. I'd heard such raves about rice powder, so this was very disappointing. I'll be keeping an eye out for unscented rice powder from another brand to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down best the powder ever! I'm a lover of pressed powders because I feel like they are more convenient & don't waste as much product as loose powders but considering the packaging was so cute & it claimed to be oil controlling I had to give it a go. First off, packaging will sucker you in but the loose lid will leave you feeling mixed on it. Don't be afraid...this powder is so smooth & finely milled that once you set your makeup at home it will fill every space on your face while providing soft feeling oil control that lasts all day. My Holy Grail powders have been the pressed ones from Neutrogena but I have to always touch up whatever foundation I'm wearing with those. With this rice powder all I get is soft, mad oil control that lasts for hours on end. I just use a small blush brush & swirl it in, tap off the excess & I'm good to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down my favorite loose powder I've ever tried (I bought Natural). And $4.99 at ULTA! It buffs on so smoothly and and has quite a bit of staying power, especially for the price point. The packaging is cute as can be, but leaves a lot to be desired. This stuff can get messy. Deducting a lippie for that. But you're getting sooooo much product for $5. And it works easily as well as products I've tried at quadruple the price point. I only tried this because, eh, $5. One of the best $5 gambles I've ever taken, and I will repurchase this if I ever run out. You get quite a bit of product at that price! Totally worth a trip to ULTA for this stuff. I've heard they sell this at Sally too, if ULTA is out of the question.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

This is probably the best loose powder I've ever used for my oily and blemish prone skin. It somehow glosses over my huge pores and makes them look smaller, and my skin smoother. The finish is also surprisingly not overly matte which I like. It keeps the oil away for a few hours, but even when I can feel it on my face, I can't really see it obviously appearing which is nice when I'm busy and not too diligent on the whole blotting routine. As everyone else has mentioned, the packaging is AWFUL. There's nothing you can slide over the sifter holes so the powder gets everywhere. Since I bought this in the US and was travelling for a month, I had to keep this in a separate tight fitting plastic bag in my makeup bag in fear of it getting everywhere. Also, the stiff little puff that comes with it is useless but I keep it there in attempts to lessen the amount of powder that comes out.

For reference, I use the colour 'natural' and I have fair, yellow toned (Asian) skin. It looks natural and not at all powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

I love the actual powder itself! It keeps me pretty matte for a while which is a miracle for my super oily skin! BUT the biggest and only con is that it's not a pressed powder. Do not bring it around with you! It goes EVERYWHERE! When you open the cap a powder cloud will form around your face. And I'm not fond of the smell. I wish they would make a pressed powder ):