November 27, 2014 | 1533 users online

Crème - Kanebo - Lunasol Water Cream Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mandyfkm

Just like other reviews has said, this foundation is not bad at all (personally think it's better than the same brand's liquid foundation). Yet since I personally prefer something more long lasting so would not buy again.

My face: combination on the dry side, live in a place with high humidity.

Pros:
Natural and very blendable. Not cakey,
Medium coverage
Last for roughly 4-6 hours (T zone started to get oily at around 4 hrs, not too bad but there are better products indeed).

Cons:
The package. Felt like it's less hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Chelseabun74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in the colour OC03 - for those looking for a colour match, I'm NC25 in Mac, Rattan in ELDW, Honey 110 in Clarins Everlasting Foundation and Rich Vanilla in Laura Mercier mineral foundation.

I know some people don't like this type of packaging, but I really do. It's a cream foundation that comes in a 30 ml / one ounce jar / pot with a little spatula. I like the packaging because it feels luxurious and fits nicely in my dresser drawer due to its short, squat size. I like my makeup to stay hidden from view and inquisitive children, so this isn't like some of my others that have to lay on its side or at an angle in my drawer. It has no detectable scent.

It has a dewy finish but it's not shiny. It applies very smoothly and is easy to work with. I would say it's a medium coverage. I have combination skin and live in a hot climate so I use this with a BB cream or Lunasol Control Base underneath, as well as a very light dusting of powder over it. On my skin it doesn't seem to matter what I wear underneath, as long as it's not an oily BB cream. It washes off pretty easily and I would say it's long lasting. I wouldn't trust that it's long lasting on its own - I would only wear it on its own in winter. I love that it has an SPF of 20. It cover redness and blemishes well and is definitely not a cakey foundation. I think this is a great foundation for mature skin as well as younger skin. Overall, fellow makeup lovers will know what I mean when I say this is an enjoyable product to use. I look forward to wearing it.

I didn't find it to be very pricey but that is because my husband bought this for me in Japan while he was there for work. It is a Japanese product - I love Japanese makeup. Even the names tickle me pink. Who wouldn't like the name Skin Modeling Water Cream Foundation? Lastly, it really does feel hydrating and like there is a lot of water in the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by haribo158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok I'll start with the one and only con- the packaging isn't great, but honestly I the pros outweigh this sooo...on to them
Pros- being 60% water, WOW this feels natural, really comfortable feel all day long, not at all like other foundations where I'm subtly conscious I'm wearing it. Also, very blendable, all in all gorgeous texture.
This is a Japanese brand and I was buying this in China, so initially worried the colour would be way off but OC01 works perfectly for me, not too yellow not too pink.
I personally like medium to full foundation so I chose the cream, which turned out to be wise, it's coverage is medium and can be easily built up to suit your requirements-yet I never ever feels it's cakey in any way, always looks natural.
I am combination skin tone, while my t-zone can get oily, plus it's summer, while it doesn't fight the oil (never promised too) it certainly doesn't make it any worse.
Also it doesn't oxidize, so I can wear for many many hours and it's still beautifully even, and fresh.
Overally I would thoroughly recommend it, it's so rare to find a foundation that provides good coverage that you can put on your skin as feel a certain 'aaaahh' at the breathability!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Feels great on the skin. Sinks right in. No breakouts or clogging. Beautiful glowy finish that isn't oily. Really hate the packaging though pretty is not hygienic at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I have bought this product three times after it's finished but it's got to the point where I've found others that I like too.. so it gets harder to finish the bottle..

I wear this for a dewy look, its such a perfect foundation for coverage and for a shine.. not oily face shine!!!!! Like a glow.. I love this foundation if I purely want my face to stand out rather than my lipstick or eyeshadow.. I wear this with natural looking products and I stick to creams aswell.. no powder on this for me is perfect otherwise it starts to get cakey. sits so well on my skin. I love it.. I would buy it again.. I do think they need to change the packaging of it, only because its so damn hard to get the product out being careful of being hygienic! x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by icie

It's by far the best foundation I've ever used! It does a decent job covering up flaws and just looks so natural on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by yunie009

i have this foundation in OC-03, and i found this is one of the best foundation i have. my skin looks flawless and the coverage is not too heavy so that it is alright to use it everyday. i don't find it breakout in my skin, it also blends easily and only need a little, especially they also provide a spatula to take the foundation out of a jar (i call the packaging). I have combination skin but i found after 4 hours wear it (without primer), it tends to be oily in my T-zone. The price is so expensive, i will repurchase but i want to try lunasol skin fusing compact foundation first because i received the sample (in OC-2), which did not match my skin tone (too white) but it is a long lasting compact foundation and i found it is better than the water cream foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by JuBB

I was using this foundation for a long time. The coverage is decent, pretty moisturizing, and feels light on the skin. However, I realized that my face looks darker after a few hours with this foundation and flakes started to form around my nose and cheeks. Since I have found a better foundation I will not be buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by darlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought a Lunasol cream foundation in OC02 color at a Kanebo/Lunasol counter in Thailand for THB 1,800. (I have very fair Asian skin and can use both OC01 & OC02, although OC02 is slightly darker than my skin. Sensitive skin)

I had already had a Lunasol liquid foundation in OC01 and was impressed with it. However, I heard that the cream formula is fantastic so I decided to give it a try. That's how I fell in love with this product.

The foundation goes on really smooth; it glides like a dream on my skin. It provides more coverage than the liquid formula. I would say the cream foundation gives medium coverage. It gives a prefect luminous glow to the skin. I even prefer it to the Lunasol liquid foundation, as the cream one does not contain alcohol which can irritate sensitive skin.

I will definitely repurchase once i run out of this product. It's the best cream foundation for me. The search for a perfect foundation is over.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by ainokami

i bought this cream foundation 2 days ago and today is the first time i'm using it. I bought this together with the Control Make Up base.
I wear it early this morning and it's around 5PM now. I am so happy with the result that there is no shine on my t zone especially my forehead and nose. Superb coverage and oil control this one here. I fell in love with the texture of this foundation too... it's really creamy and rich and I think I a little will go a long way.
However, I think the color is a little tad yellowish on me as I have reddish skintone.. Will it be possible that the SA has made a mistake..? Hmmm... Overall, my face now looks dewy and still fresh. Happy. =)
One lippie off for the yellowish tone and the packaging as it might get a little messy... but i really fell in love the first time i'm using it..