November 26, 2014 | 1791 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Professional Colors - Macabre

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Recently swore off loose powder makeup and then thought I'd try this line and purchased a bunch of samples this one included. I now remember why I swore them off. This is very shimmery and unlike another review I found it went on much lighter than in the pot and all I could see was this light pearl shimmer (yes, I patted it on)! It's on my swap list if you are interested.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 9:19:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

I bought a batch of Fyrinnae eyeshadows (samples and full sized) and Macabre was one of them. The colour is nice, but like all the Fyrinnae shadows, there is like 0 lasting power. They look nice but a few hours later, the colour is gone. And this is using an eyeshadow base! Meh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really pretty color. It's also very deceiving in the jar because it applies darker than it looks. It looks like a medium melon/peach color with shimmer, a little darker than Avian Shapeshifter, in the pot. On me, (MAC NC30 for reference) it looks like a darker/slightly more copper, MAC Tan Pigment. It also doesn't have the pink base that MAC Tan Pigment does; it's warmer. Not as dark as MAC's Copper Sparkle or anything like that, but it's a great crease color for me. Intensely pigmented and is nice and shimmery but not really sparkly. A little goes a LONG way with these Fyrinnae pigments. For ease of use I apply them wet with Visine and I let sit/dry before trying to blend. I noticed with this one, in particular, I really needed a stiffer brush for blending because it really did not budge at all, once on and dried. Lasted all day and well into the night with my UDPP underneath. I really am impressed with this color. The texture isn't smooth and velvety like MAC's "buttery-velvet" classic pigments, but this one is definitely usable. This one I didn't find really chalky but not velvety smooth, either.