December 26, 2014 | 2067 users online

Lipstick - Shiseido - The Makeup Automatic Lip Crayon LC2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My absolute love for everyday, MLBB look and also to accompany a dark smokey eye.
I am currently on the 3rd lipstick (although I gave the second as gift to my lovely niece). My God it is a gorgeous colour!
Actually, it is more of a no-colour. It gives my lips a lovely sheen and compliments my looks without screaming "lipstick!!!". And with my pale skin, this is a difficult thing to do. It is so easy to look like a corpse in a "nude" lip.
Although when I look at it it doesn't look like much, I can definitely tell when I am not wearing it. Think of it as a little something that goes undetected but brings the whole make up together.
It has a couple of issues but it is so good that I cannot take any lippies off! It is that good!
Issue No 1 - Drying: Yes, it dries my lips more than my Voluptes. But since I always use lip balm several times a day, it is nothing that bothers me much.
Issue No 2 - Longevity: It actualy stays on my lips, but I have a feeling that a lot of product leaves the tube each time I apply it. I give it a twist, I apply, and suddenly it needs another twist because there is no more product. I do not get it...
Issue No 3: When it is over and no more twisting is possible, I still see some product inside the tube but I do not know how to take it out. Not a big thing but it bothers me a little...
Anyway, with the Shiseido lip gloss in G26 on top it is the perfect combo for my gray smokeys.
The price is a little steep, but since it is a staple colour I wait for the sales and get it for 25%-35% off. GO.TRY.IT.NOW!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best lip crayons I have tried and will become a staple in my makeup collection. It is the perfect MLBB shade as the other reviewers have said, with a nice subtle pinkish-brown color and a slight sheen to it. IIt's called "brown" but somehow, it's not that brown and has some pinkishness to it to prevent it from looking muddy. t goes on very smoothly and comfortably. It also has nice, even pigmentation. Perhaps the best selling point, though, is the packaging. I like the Bobbi Brown crayons as well but this one is better in not needing a sharpener. It's worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by DaniaLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had looked everywhere for a MLBB lipstick and have finally found it! It's a bit more brown than pink (my lips are more on the pink side), but looks like I am wearing nothing, truly nude color. It makes my lips look fuller and gives them a nice shine coat. Not very long lasting, though! Since I have to reapply during the day, I don't think it's going to last very long, which is kinda disappointing because it's pretty expensive. Packaging is amazing and user friendly. I will buy again, that is for sure! I just wish Shiseido came up with a long lasting lipstick in this shade *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I can't believe that I forgot I had this. I bought this over a year ago and I actually liked it a lot. As a matter of fact, I liked it enough to carry it around in my purse and reapply throughout the day, which is an amazing feat for me. Well, I got lazy, time went on, I slutted around with other MLBB lippies, got lazier and moved on to just lip balm. Then tonight I managed to pull off a super sexy, dramatic green and brown smokey eye and I needed the perfect MLBB nude lips to finish the look but I couldn't find my usual nude lippies anywhere. My lippie drawer is a big mess and I have my favorites scattered between multiple handbags. Note to self: time to reorganize. So I found my Shisido Lip Crayon at the bottom of my lippie drawer and applied it in desperation. Oh my God is it a gorgeous color and the absolutely perfect MLBB shade for me. I think I forgot about this lippie because on me, it looks best with a dramatic smokey eye. Although it's still gorgeous with my daily neutral taupey/brown eye looks, it really stands out on me with more dramatic eye makeup. Most favorite MUA nude lippies are either too pale or too pink or peach on me since my lips are naturally pigmented a deep rose color. My coloring does not work with the pale no-lips look that some women can rock. Applying a light layer of concealer over my lips helps but lighten up the color but even then most nudes just don't look right. LC2 might be too dark and too warm for very fair, cool-toned ladies since it has just the tiniest bit of brown and rose. That's exactly why it works for my olive NC 25-ish skin and black eyes. LC2 is not a no-color nude. Shiseido Lip Crayons are on the sheer side but still pack a decent color punch. The finish is a little shiny without getting glossy and feels like a good lip balm. They do have a very slight fragrance which is so faint and inoffensive that I don't mind. I would like to get a backup but at $23, these things are not cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I'm just loving this lip crayon - it's the perfect "my lips but better" shade for me, and it doesn't show up as too bright or overdone at all. Most lip colors really pop on me (in the bad way) so it's good to find something that's a nice everyday shade, to make it look like I have naturally beautiful and perfect lips.

I like the lip crayon format, but when I've bought them in the past having to sharpen them all the time was such a pain. This automatic version is much better. This is a great way to apply lip color even for those of us who are a bit *challenged* in that department. This goes on smooth, and I don't find it to be either drying or moisturizing. The lasting power is pretty good, and it keeps my lips smooth while it's on.

The crayon format makes it really easy to define your lips, and then just add a bit of color to the middle too and press it all together to smooth it out - definitely an idiot-proof product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by genuss

Ok, this is a temporary review that I will update if I want to change something, as I only bought this today, but usually I can tell if I like a lipstick right away...so this is a liner and lipcolor in one and it feels really smooth and natural on, no stickiness and no fragrance. The color for me is very close to my natural lip color, but I just like to even out my lipcolor, so thats a nude-y pink neutral. What I really like about this is the packaging/ format which allows me to apply it very precisely for a lipstick, much neater looking then just out of a tube.UPDATE* Unfortunately this is quite drying on me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Nice colour, like a nude lip with pink and brown in it to ward off the dead-girl look. The application is great, a pencil and lipstick in one!! Aside from that, I can't stand lipsticks; I find most of them to be drying and this one is one of them. Oh well, I got this as a freebie. I also had LC4 but gave that away because it made me look like what I will probably look like in 10 years.