October 30, 2014 | 1491 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Rock Royalty Expert Wear Quad

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Sharlene88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These colours barely show up on my skin tone (NC44). I won this eyeshadow quad and i would not buy it. The only colour i like on it is the gold highlight, which is nice and shimmery for the brow bone. The browns look more like greys and theyre not pigmented.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

Ugh. I had such high hopes for this. I think the powder is not fine enough and so the shadow does not apply evenly and the color is not as vibrant as hoped. Not rock star quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by thejadedstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was lucky enough to have this quad included as an extra in a recent swap. I was instantly charmed by the name and the brighter colors of the quad.
This is one of those Maybelline quads where they designate each color a part of the eye, and on the back they give little tutorials for 4 different looks. The lid color is a greyish tanned brown, the crease color is a midtone cranberry pink, the brow bone shade is a shimmery yellowed gold, and the outer corner shade is a blackened plum.
Every color, save for the outer shade has a very nice, velvety consistency. They are moderately pigmented, and are most likely best use wet, along with an eyeshadow base for maximum color payoff and hold. The outer shade has a very chalky consistency, and goes on unevenly without being wet, however, I'm a bit reticent to try it wet, because I'm afraid it will just become a chunky mess.
Overall, I like the idea that the quad was going for, but I find 2 of the colors, the lid color as well as the outer color, completely underwhelming, and I almost feel as though they don't fit as well as other shades could have with the pink and yellow shades. Both of these brighter shades are unique, and worth some experimenting with, whereas the brown and the black are probably already in your collection anyway, but in a better form. I wouldn't buy it again, but I AM considering depotting the 2 fabulous shades and getting rid of the rest. continued >>