Maybelline Gloss Twist Lip Shine

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/7/2005 12:26:00 AM

I got the clear gloss and I love it! It gives a lovely gloss without the stickiness like Stila. Don't know about the tinted glosses, but I'd love to try them, since they will be a cheaper alternative to Stila =) Will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE after 1 tube: I've just finished my first tube and just opened my 2nd. I've revised ,my rating down because I feel it's not quite value for money - when you first open a new tube, you have to twist it almost half way through the tube before you get to any gloss. Comes at a low price, but it matches the quantity. I would rathe go for Stila lipglaze. May cost a lot more, but you also get more stuff at a higher quality. continued >>

on 7/29/2003 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wow. I got this in Berry Twisted and the color in the tube actually gets on my lips. One of the most pigmented glosses that I've tried. Also, it lasts. Not too sticky, but it's enough to stay put. Not too shiny that it's tacky, but enough to make it pretty. I love that it's shimmer-free and the pigment, like I said, is amazing. I apply directly to my lips mixed with a little loose powder to mute the bright pink color. It lasts all day, unlike any other gloss. Truly one of the best products out there.

However, after a while it gets a gross chemical smell. Another reviewer commented on this. I transferred it to a pot and while the process was messy, it's easy to clean and manage now.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in "Mauve in Circles". This is a really pretty color. It goes on a little strong so I normally blot in down a few notches. I will buy again when I run out.

I got this in Loop de Lilac on clearance at Target for $1.69. It is a very sheer lilac with shimmer. This is a Stila knockoff, and I adore the packaging. Looks fab with sheer purple eyeshadow :)

***i am a NW20, PPP, brown hair, turquoise eyes***

on 2/25/2003 1:31:00 PM

I swapped for one of these in Clearly Turning after not being able to find them elsewhere. This is a really nice gloss, great shine and no taste or smell. It isn't overly sticky or runny and the built in applicator is great.

on 9/27/2002 1:30:00 PM

i love this so much it gives a very natural look to yr lips and just the right amt of shine[not OTT fake plastic shine] too bad they do not sell it in singapore!

on 7/22/2002 6:43:00 PM

These are the nicest Stila knockoffs ever. They have no scent/flavor to speak of, and are nicely pigmented. The brush provides for neat application, and the staying power is good, while the gloss isnt sticky at all.

Buy, buy, buy.

on 7/19/2002 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in Turning Pink and was pleasantly surprised. It is kinda similiar to MAC Lust but lighter. Very pretty. The price is right (under $6) and these gone on smoothly and last 3 to 4 hours without eating!

on 6/2/2002 12:17:00 PM

I received this in a swap & I loved it! I got it in Turning Pink & it's a pretty naturale pink, something like your lips but better colour. This is actually quite pigmented & you can apply it sheer (just apply less) or more, which will give you a nice pretty pinkish colour on your lips! The applicator is also quite user-friendly & I must say the brush is really soft & nice. We don't have this in Singapore, but if they do come in, I'll definitely check out more colours!

on 5/20/2002 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in Ring around the Roses too, and even though it's a pretty color, I didn't like how big the brush was. I like the smaller Miss Kiss brushes; I don't end up getting goo on my face. for those of you that like no scent or flavor however, this is the one for you. I couldn't taste or smell anything. It was $5.49 at Longs, and they seemed to have a good selection

Popular Lip Glosses