August 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant Magic

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Strong, heavy but sweet scent upon spraying it. I can smell a mixture of flowers and lemon. I find it a bit too strong at this point.

After the top notes have died down it has changed into a warm, sweet floral smell. It's also a bit powdery.

I like the drydown best. The smell is simply beautiful. I'm getting mostly vanilla with some iris. Unfortunately unlike many I can barely make out the almond on my skin.

I really like L'Instant Magique, the only downside is that the initial smell is a bit strong and therefore a little harsh on the nose. This problem is only around for the first hour of wearing it. I wished I could distinguish more of the almond too, but I guess that's up to my own skin. It's a luxurious fragrance that I personally would wear at night time (though the delicious smelling dry down could also work very well during the day).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by stls

I think L'instant Magic is the kind of perfume Arwen from The Lord of The Rings would wear. I'd never call it sexy but it's undoubtedly ultra-feminine and romantic in a pure, innocent way with an underlying dynamism.

Starts with a fresh lemon/bergamot combination that is rapidly replaced by lots of (powdery) almonds, soft (powdery) violets and a smidge of (powdery) rose. All of them infused with the signature ''a la Guerlain'' vanilla.
The drydown is quite different as the initial part wears off and I mostly get skin-like musk and the subtle woody notes. Flawlessly blended. I'm very happy to find an almond - vanilla including perfume that actually works since Hypnotic Poison was a disaster on my skin.

I'd say projection is moderate and lasts for 5-6 hours.
L'instant Magic won't be the one to wear when in the mood to impress but I find it very calming and alluring in an effortless, relaxed way. I really like it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Kchild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's taken me a long time to write about this very intimate love. It can be difficult to put something so emotional into words. But....I'll try......(that's why we're here right??)

Soft, powdery, romance. This is ultra feminine cloud like nirvana on my skin. I get compliments every time I wear this. It's the stuff of pink tulle and satin slippers. There's not an aggressive bone in this perfumes body. It draws people closer, creates an aura of trust. (My very favorite type of scent!)This is a comfort scent that you could wear to the opera or at home watching a movie and it would be perfectly appropriate in either place. For me this is also one that gets a lot of attention from men. (Usually wondering what it is so that they can get some for their wives....)

This is blended seemlessly. I get no corrolation between this one and the original. I find them to be quite different. Magique is freesia, vanille, and almonds predominantly on my skin. I can smell a bit of rose as well but for the most part my nose doesn't take this creation apart.That's fine w/me. I have no desire to isolate the notes when the overall effect is so alluring.

This is 100% Magique indeed w/my chemistry. It's one of those rare finds that feels as if it were custom made just for me. The body lotion for this is an exact duplication of the scent. Love it! I also have the pure parfum and it's also fabulous. Just a couple of dabs will last beautifully all day and into the evening.

If I were to use one word to describe this gorgeous aroma it would be~captivating.I believe that's the perfect word. It would have made for a short review however......

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of Guerlain in general. I do love Guerlain Jicky Edt., and Secret Intention which as I've been told is not characteristic of a Guerlain at all. I tried L'Instant as it was suppose to be a gourmand, specifically honey fragrance, which was awful on my skin. L'Instant Magic is a soft oriental, not gourmand, just warm and inviting. This is a " come hither" scent with a bit of sweetness (the honey I wanted in L'Instant) and dare I say.. .baby powder, which I like when it's got some adult fun thrown in (think KM Loukhoum without the heavy roses and thick syrup). A little amber here, a little floral there.. a little vampiness if you're in that kind of mood! Yeah. Long staying power, takes little time to dry down on the skin, so you're raring to go and it is pretty consistently linear. Not to wear in hot/humid weather as it would overwhelm someone, but in cooler climates it certainly dictates 'come cuddle dear..... " LOVE!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am really impressed with this one. I just dabbed a little sample on my wrist and let it settle. I was pleased to notice a very classy, comforting, powdery fragrance that had a subtle edge of sensuality. This reminds me a lot of a more subdued modern version of Santa Maria Novella's Melograno. Hmm, I will have to continue testing this and apply it over my neck and wrists in order to decide if it is full-bottle worthy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by tessture

My first try of this was a rather nice powdery comfort blanket scent, without being gourmand or vanilla in any way. I am EXTREMELY picky about powder in my fragrance as I don't like it as a note. There are some exceptions (Miller Harris Fleur Oriental for one) and I thought this would be one, as it's just so soft and pretty. Nope. Second try, I put more on and it's very VERY powdery, so much so that if I wear it near my husband I'll get the grimace. So in the end I got a very powdery scent with a citrus edge which reminds me of Shalimar on me minus the nasty sticky edge. (Shalimar is not my friend, sadly). This one is a pass.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by bethtenerife

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No, no, no. This is headache in a bottle for me. I sprayed it on in a perfume shop and had to endure a half hour nauseating drive home being choked with this overpowering scent. It's way too flowery, too powdery in fact too everything for me. Didn't like it at all and couldn't wait to scrub it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

Agree with the comment under me and also the third under :)
At first I didn't like it when I smelled it in the perfumery - the top notes has a pretty strange smell I really can't completely understand. I sprayed the perfume on one of the paper strips they have in the store, didn't like it and put it away in my pocket (I always do that to see if I like the deeper notes). When I smelled it a day later I just loved it! It's such a cozy powdery fragrance! To me it's a really organic smell I don't get tired of. It 's also not the regular sexy smell (but definitely very good). I would describe the scent as sweet and powdery, which to me is like a baby-candy-smell. I don't pull any citrus scent when this sets.
One time, me and my boyfriend were watching a movie together, he lying behind me. The skin on my neck probably got a bit hot, and the perfume began to evaporate. I laid there smelling the air all the time, 'cause it was SO good! Cannot get enough of this smell!
This is btw for me only a winter-scent - I believe it would be too cloying for summer, and would never wear it that time of the year. Also: use this sparingly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The original L'Instant is too floral for me, so I didn't care about the Magic version until recently, when I was at a Guerlain counter and I tried on L'Instant Magic Elixir. I came home and for the rest of the day there was that sexy powdery sweet scent lingering. I went back to get it but they were out of stock, so I got the Magic instead (not the Magic Elixir). When I tried it the next day though, it was very different. It has this citrus opening, which generally I don't like, but fortunately these first harsh notes disappear rather quickly. Then I am left with a powdery scent (I wish I could detect the almond, but I don't... neither any floral notes). At first it seemed to me like a generic powdery perfume and I was somewhat disappointed, because I really wanted to love it. Anyway, I put it aside for some time and then, one morning, I was in a hurry, I saw the bottle and I just put it on. Well, I can't describe how many compliments I got that day. There were people literally following me, asking which perfume I use. The strange thing is that I can't detect the scent on me after an hour or so. But from the others' reaction I am sure that it has significant sillage and that it's very pleasant. Now I adore it, although I believe that it's due to what others are saying :-). I would describe it as a "dark baby powder". I will buy again and I will also search for the Elixir edition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

only 3.9?
3.9?
oh people, what's wrong with you?:PPP
this is a major parfume...THE perfume...this is why god (Mr. Guerlain that is) created a woman...just to be able to put this exquisite powdery-almondy miracle on her skin...
my absolute HG scent for a long number of years...I can totaly understand though,that for some reason (too sweet, to cloying, too..something) some of the reviewers find it bad, or too much....
but you have to admit- this is the closest to perfection in perfume world as it gets...
in my humbly,humble opinion..
I realy don't want to talk about composition, notes, feelings...just try it for god's sake...try it...

ok...'nuff of histeria.....:))))

(hehe, pulled off to bring the numeros a bit higher, so now it is exactly 4.0!now that looks much better:D)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No