Dior Diorskin Extreme Fix

4.4

on 4/24/2009 8:17:00 AM

I don't understand the raves for this product. For me it is no better than most other loose powders I've used, and certainly lacking in some areas. First of all, the shade. It's white, and the SA assured me that it would go on completely invisible. Not so. It distinctly makes my face look paler. I'm fairly light-skinned to begin with. Secondly, it sticks visibly to the downy hairs around my eyebrows, creating a talcum-powder effect. The finish overall is too obviously powdery (maybe because of the white colour). Finally, all this would be forgiven if it controlled oil well - but it does not. I'm just as shiny by lunchtime as I would be with an inferior powder. With similar lasting power I get a much more attractive finish with Giorgio Armani and Becca. Sorry, I like Dior but this product just doesn't cut it for me.

on 2/9/2009 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is PERFECT!!!This powder gives me everything I want from a loose powder.The texture is a dream and has matte finish but not powdery matte.Sets foundation and hides pores EXCELLENT.Doesn't settle in lines and wrinkles but gives you a wonderfull flawless finish.Comes in only one paper white shade but doesn't add any kind of color on the skin.The packaging ofcourse is pure luxury as all the Dior products.Lasts FOREVER and is by far the best loose powder I ve ever tried.I have nothing negative to say about this product everything is perfect about it.

this powder is just what i want a loose powder to be!i like quite a good coverage so i use a powder foundation over a liquid one...but then i still feel the need to finish it off with something...preferably invisible...super fine and light(clearly i have enough on as it is!) and most importantly one that keeps my mountain of makeup Matt and perfectly in place! This(along with chanel's poudre cristalline) does exactly that...the only difference is that chanel's has a slight shimmer! If only dior's version wasn't a limited edition! :-(

on 4/29/2008 9:16:00 PM

I have never been a fan of Dior's regular powders, bad colour selection and scents. I chanced upon the reviews and the moment I realised it was one of those translucent airmill type powders, I knew it would be excellent for oil control. In the past I have had good experiences with the By Terry loose powder and La Mer powders (similar type of texture except for complete transparent colour)

The powder is pure white but goes on clear, not even a "ghostly" mask, so it is excellent as a finishing powder and also has the ability to create a soft focus effect. I use this on top of Cargo's HD foundation and my face looks porcelain, almost unreal.

For extra oil control I do use this always on top of another powder, either my rice/silk blend or Jill Stuart loose powder and I blot once at the end of a 10 hour day - my skin is probably on the "very oily" end of the sebum production spectrum

Only cons - price, $45usd but it will last a while as very little is needed. The sifter top is a pain to decant, I have to bang the whole container to loosen the powder.

on 4/20/2008 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my HG loose powder until I discovered Make Up For Ever's newest "HD" powder, which is completely, out of this world amazing. Don't get me wrong, the Dior foundation is good, but the MUFE is a completely new texture.

This particular powder does look really nice in photos. And if you aren't super oily, it does do exactly what it says. Extremely fixes and sets your foundation. I used to be in love with this, but alas, we've grown apart.

I'd still recommend this to someone who wouldn't try the MUFE for some reason.

I bought this to try as a replacement for my MAC pro invisible powder, as I was tired of trying to order it and it had sold out. Previous to this I have used Laura Mercier loose powder to set my foundation. I really like this as it does what it promises-sets your foundation without adding any colour. It does not look cakey or chalky, but then I am careful not to overdo it as I have learnt from past mistakes! I apply this with my aura Mercier powder puff and I simply press it onto the skin. It has great staying power. The container is very fiddly to try and get powder out at times and this could have been better thought out by Dior, but other than that I am happy with this and would re-purchase.

on 1/12/2008 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! It is a translucent loose powder that I've been using over Dior Forever Extreme Wear foundation. It gives my skin a soft, velvety (not dry/powdery) finish that last for hours. The container is gorgeous and weighty, so it looks lovely on my vanity, but isn't practical to carry in my makeup bag. Only available at Nordstrom as of now. Will absolutely repurchase.

on 12/30/2007 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product the week it came out. I have very oily skin and i have tried many powders. Mac blot, laura mercier transclucent powders and so many others. I apply extreme fix every morning over my liquid foundation to set my makeup and im oil free for a long time compared to other powders. Im black (Mac NW43) and yes, its translucent. No white or greyish cast like i got with Mac blot. Its a keeper and i will repurchase.

Update:
Started on my 2nd jar last month and still loving it :)

on 12/3/2007 5:42:00 PM

I don't know how Dior did it, but they managed to make a loose powder that feels as smooth as silk on the skin and totally erases the appearance of pores and lines. This white powder goes on colorless on the face, and made my skin feel like velvet. I've never seen anything like this. A look at the ingredients on the box shows: polyethylene, diphenyl dimethicone, vinyl diphenyl dimethicone, silsequioxane crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodioum edta, parfum, and bht. Now that looks like silicones to me! I never knew that there could be cones in powders. But this really did feel as smooth as using Smashbox or any other silicone based primer on my face. I'm so impressed that I repurchased already. Available right now only at Nordstrom. It finishes off the foundation, any foundation, without adding shimmer or making it too matte. It looks about as natural as a powder can look. It does not chalk-up the face like some powders with color. And it did not cake or clump through the day, either. Now I would beg Dior to make this in a pressed form so I could take it in my handbag. A touch-up in mid-afternoon did not result in any buildup whatsoever. I've used it over liquids and cream foundations with the same results, just the most flawless finish I've ever found in a powder, even La Mer's powder, which was HG for me. For reference, I'm 57, dry skin, large pores from a lifetime of very oily skin, no breakout issues at all, never had acne. If you have dry skin and are looking for a powder that won't accent dryness, but will feel velvety and disappear on the skin, this is it. I may write to Dior about this one, it is truly genius. And a huge thanks to Leslie for recommending it to me!

on 11/30/2007 6:44:00 AM

I bought this yesterday and used it this morning for the first time. My initial thoughts on the powder is that it is very effective on reducing the appearance of pores and gives a lovely finish. It still looks good after four hours. Like the last reviewer I am using it over the Forever liquid (very liquid) foundation. I don't like the packaging of the powder, because the jar is too bulky to carry around in my bag. The powder doesn't come through the shaker lid very easily -maybe that's intentional.

Recommended for Normal Skin