November 25, 2014 | 1844 users online

Skincare - Face - Elizabeth Arden - Prevage Anti-aging treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The price of this makes me cry. Because I love it so much. But one bottle is almost my monthly mortgage payment. This makes me sad. I got a luxury sample when I bought some other things from Elizabeth Arden (in the sale I might add - I find the entire range overpriced when they're full price) and I've fallen head over heels for this. Nothing in the world has made my skin look better, smoother, clearer, brighter - everything you want in a serum really. If you can afford it, then it's the best purchase ever. Sadly I more tight fisted than that (and I really *did* need that new handbag :-) ) so I said 'yes' to buy it again, but most likely via ebay.

For the record I have typical Irish/English skin - very very pale, freckles when I've been in the sun even with factor 100 (factor up kids! You wont regret it), and a typical T zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by parlezvousfrancais

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I have been using Prevage Serum for the past 5 years at least. At $200 bucks a full sized tube which lasts about 5-6 months (if I use it only once a day) - and it is pricey! But the results are incredible I have to say. That said, I should tell you that I have used sunscreen my whole life (well since I was 12 or 13) every day (give or take a few) and that in general I do stay out of the sun. People usually think I am about 10 years younger than I am - and Prevage has been a part of that, I have no doubt. But then again, how much can I account for staying out the sun and using sunscreen religiously? I think that it's the combination. You have to stay out of the sun and use sunscreen to look youthful, but Prevage has no doubt has made improvements in my skin. I find that its firmer and more refined looking. I don't really have wrinkles to begin with but that's probably b/c I have used Prevage so frequently and consistently. I can only stand to use it once a day, and that's before bed. I have tried "twice a day" and it feels like I have a sun burn. I would never use the SPF stuff not only for this reason, but the SPF is too greasy. Overall, if you have the money and can afford it, AND stay out of sun then its a good investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by TinaGB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using most of the Prevage line for 6 months now and have seen a great difference in my skin during that period of time.
I was fortunate to not have any redness, blisters, itching or other issues that some people seem to have experienced - even though I do have very sensitive skin. I have tried numerous other products that have either greatly irritated my skin, given me a rash or just plain didn't work.
The Prevage line has cleared up the bit of discolouration I had on my cheeks and chin from sun damage and has greatly reduced the fine lines I was getting (esp crows feet). As a woman about to turn 40 - this line of products, while extremely expensive in my opinion, has made me look years younger. Generally anyone trying to guess my age now guesses around 34! Thank you Prevage!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Laski

This is a review for the advanced anti-aging serum. I used it for about 6 weeks now, and I have to say I like it and also didnīt have any bad reactions to it, though I have sensitive skin and rosacea. It didnīt moisturize much, and I needed an additional lotion afterwards, but I donīt expect a serum to be enough by itself. I think some fine lines around my eyes did diminish a litte, and I guess with pronlonged use it might get even better. I like that it soaks in quickly and completely, without leaving a film on my skin. I feel well-protected using this underneath my moisturizer and/or sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sherylwoulfe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Decided to spurge by purchasing this product as I had heard that it was really and truely a miracle cream. I did not notice much of difference in my skin bar it did appear more radiant. After a few weeks of using it and suffering excruciating migraines, I discovered that prevage was in fact causing these migraines. It took four-five days for the migraines to clear after I stopped using prevage. A couple of weeks later, I decided to use prevage again in case I had mistakenly associated my migraines with the cream but lo and behold, I suffered another excruciating migraine. I had only used the cream once and the migraine lasted over four days. As a result, I cannot and will not ever use Elizabeth Arden products again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Skincaregirl

The whole Prevage line is amazing. For any skincare line, they say it takes 4-5 weeks to see results. It's not magic, it's skincare. It's our skins workout. With Prevage, I had been using it for a week and people were commenting on how wonderful my skin looked. This could be due to the fact I am only 30, and have taken pretty good care of my skin, so there isn't much repair needed, I'm not an expert so who knows. I did break out for the first few days, but that is fairly common when your skin is getting used to a new product. I just paid extra attention to only touching my face with clean hands, deep cleaning, etc. By the end of week 3, people were asking me what skin care I use. I was stopped by a woman in the grocery store and asked if I always had such pretty skin. I am a skincare junkie, I have tried everything, and this is by far the best line I have come across. In fact, I completely switched to Elizabeth Arden skincare. Day, I wash with Intervene cleanser, apply Prevage Anti-aging serum to my face, the Prevage anti-aging eye serum to my eyes, wait a minute for it to fully absorb, then I use the Intervene oil-free moisturizer. At night, I wash with Intervene, but once a week I use the ceramide exfoliant cleanser, then I apply both the serums, I use the Intervene eye cream, and the Intervene night cream. It's expensive, I bought all the products I currently use at the same time, and it was about 400 dollars. I do use more products than most people would, but I am a skincare junkie. The way I look at it, it is an investment in my skin. I want my skin looking its best for as long as I can help it. The serum and creams last 3-4 months, the cleansers I buy more often. The lady at the counter asked me what I spend on my hair a month. When I thought about it, I spend around 130 on my hair every month, so why should my skin take the back seat. Good skin care is an investment, and I'm happy I found Prevage to invest in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by greenforever

I cannot see any differences made on my skin after using for 2 weeks. There are other products better than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is expensive, but worth it! it does work, it's one of the best serums on the market. It helped even out my skin tone, diminish my redness, even helped with acne scars fading. It's expensive but I would buy it again, it lasts for at least 6-8 months for me. Just a warning because it is potent, you should start using it maybe once a day for a week then go to twice. I haven't had this much success with any other serum so this one is definitely a keeper! Anyone can use it, I use it as preventative aging and also to fix imperfections on my skin, which it did. The main ingredient? Idebenone, which has been proven to be the most effective anti-oxidant on the market. Allergan, who markets the product through Arden, also makes Botox. So this is an alternative to getting Botox (same ingredients)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well let me just tell you. I started working for an Arden counter and received Prevage at starting. My SKIN HAS TRANSFORMED INTO "BEAUTIFULNESS" (is that a word?) My skin feels like a ten year olds....my dark spots have evened out. I look....I can't even describe how I look.......there are no words. I am 47 and do not look 47. My coloring, texture and yes even acne have improved. I will use this stuff forever. The smell is even wonderful.........

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is not for me. I did see a huge improvement on my friend's face who uses this serum. Her skin looks amazing even without makeup, the overall texture of her face was so fine. So I decided to try this. However, every time I used it, the next morning after washing my face I can actually feel my skin became thin and more sensitive. Then it took me a week or more to recover. I used this product on and off then during the weather change early this spring it made my skin super sensitive that I even feel pain when I scratched my face with nail by accident.

If you have thin and sensitive skin, you probably want to test it before buying. If your skin just dull due to aging and without too much skin issue this product may make your skin really good.