L'Occitane Verbena Liquid Soap

3.6

on 10/17/2013 12:03:00 AM

I have the version with the shea in it and am absolutely in love! I've had the others (almond and lavender), and glad I saved the best for last! I collect the shower gels and have been hesitant to pick up anything verbena because every quick whiff I have taken I would think of Sunlight :( But now that I have gotten to know the scent better I note a HUGE difference! I love verbena, and I love that the soap is naturally antibacterial! I use it to wash my makeup brushes, and even look for excuses to wash my hands. Beautiful texture for a handsoap, non-drying and cleans dirt and oil like a breeze! Another great thing is it is available in an eco-refill pack for less $$$ and if you have your own pretty bathroom set to use!

I bought this soap for the guest bathroom, but other than the fact that it comes in a large container which prevents me from having to buy soap more often then I would like... I feel like it is an overpriced version of dial. Its looks pretty though for your guests I guess.

on 6/27/2010 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My hands felt dry after the wash but love the fragrance.

on 11/18/2008 7:04:00 AM

Got some of this on ebay to try as I baulked at spending 15 on soap!

Its very thick, very coloured, smells very strongly and its quite moisturising (even down to leaving quite a thick residue on the pump) but I don't find it cleans well enough. Also although I like the smell I find it overpowering.
I do like the fact you can buy 500mls in pump dispensers and also 400ml refills but its still too expensive for what it is. I much prefer their bar soaps.

on 5/23/2008 11:52:00 AM

Not keen on this product, not a nice texture/consistancy, leaves hands feeling softish, but has a nasty residue asnd strong lingering smell.
I would not buy again.

on 12/19/2006 5:28:00 PM

The bottle stands in my kitchen looking very stylish near the sink on the windowcell....
The soap smells fresh and leaves your hands very soft, which is good for me because i often forget to put on gloves when i need to wash some dishes or something else.
I even do not need to put on a hand cream afterwards, because the shea butter leaves your hands soft. 14 RRP for 500ml, but the bottle will last at least 6 months.

on 12/7/2006 8:35:00 AM

I LOVE this! On a Delta flight a couple years ago, they had this soap in the lavatory. I was blown away by how luxurious the scent is, and just had to buy some. Ever since, I've asked for some for Christmas every single year. It's a fantastic hand soap that makes one feel quite decadent -- unfortunately, it's also quite pricy at $22 per bottle. The lavender version is equally opulent.

on 9/23/2005 4:13:00 PM

A total mistake. It is supposed to be moisturizing, but has dense and greasy texture which is hard to wash off. Verbena scent is almost impossible to detect. If you want a Verbena Hand Wash, go for the one in Verbena Harvest line. Even more $$$ for a smaller bottle, but definitely worth it.

I have the verbena liquid soap in the Bonne Mere line, not the one in the shea butter line which i will get around to trying one day. its a new product in the bonne mere line and comes in a plastic transparent cylindrical dispenser, very homey looking, great on the bathroom counter. im not a verbena lover normally but ill make an exception here cause the smell is so refreshing. a strong lemon verbena scent, i have to hide it from guests, i think they use the bathroom often just as an excuse to finish my soap! very gentle on hands and i also find it nice and moisturizing, what more could one want. also tried the lavender liquid soap in the bonne mere line - that i like even better, which is saying something. great product!

on 5/13/2002 10:19:00 AM

16.9 ounces of a verbena infused shea butter enriched liquid soap. Nice! Comparable to the Molton Brown Fine Liquid (that I love) in quality but a much larger bottle for the $ (MB is 10 oz.)

Popular Body Skincare Products