November 26, 2014 | 1302 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Otherworldly (Alexander McQueen coll.)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by StarbrightSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this recently and used it for the first time as a base colour for a 60's look I had to do at my course.

It flowed on so creamy. It was a tiny bit sheer but easy to build up. I applied MAC's Aqua eyeshadow on top to enhance the colour. I love it!

A little goes a long way with Otherworldly. I would buy again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I saw this paint pot on a blog and I was very interested in trying it out.... It is more of an aqua color and it goes on creamy. I wore this under the Haunting eyeshadow which is also from the Alexander McQueen collection. I lined my upper lash line with blactrack and this paint pot really made my eyes pop. I RIS and I am so glad I got to try this discontinued paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing paint pot. Very pigmented and very beautiful. I wouldn't say it's the most versatile because the color is so striking, but that's what makes it special. It's also worth mentioning that this is 100x better than the matching powder e/s in Haunting. If you're wondering whether to get Otherworldly or Haunting, definitely get Otherworldly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

At last! A beautiful matte aqua base that isn't too much, but it just right. Otherworldly can seem intimidating at first, it's so bright, but it applies smoothly & keeps true to colour. Although I've found with a more matte base, where you apply it is just where your eyeshadow will stick, so be careful not to make an unflattering shape. Or you could apply a lighter base & blend it upwards so you can't tell where it's ended. I hope that makes sense :P Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Inchworm

I wish I had purchased, like, 5 of these. The color payoff is AMAZING and it is smooth and creamy to apply. The color can't be compared to anything else that MAC currently offers (maybe Rollickin' paint pot, but the finish is different and it's slightly darker).

If you have brown eyes you need this especially.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Terry74

This is the only MAC paint pot I own and I cannot love it more! The colour beautifully enhances my dark brown eyes and its texture is amazing - creamy, matte, when it dries becomes a bit powdery, which is ok. Its lasting power is gorgeous, too: I never use cream eyeshadows because my eyelids are quite greasy, but this paint stays on all day without creasing. I often use it alone, just with some eyeliner and mascara, but also with its twin eyeshadow, "Haunting". Too bad it's a limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

NW15; Green Eyes

This paint pot was LE with the October 2007 Alexander McQueen collection. The official color description is a midtone sea blue.

I love this paint pot so much I have a back-up. It is the perfect base for blue looks, and I love doing blue looks. It looks great with all kinds of blues. I've found that MAC paint pots tend to vary in texture - these are matte and creamy, but not as creamy as the Fafi paint pots are. IMO, this one has the best texture - all of MAC's paint pots should be this smooth and creamy. I do find that they crease if I don't use UDPP underneath, but that's true of any cream shadows for me. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves blues as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love paint pots! I like them more then the shade sticks. They go on so smooth. This is a graet color, very different.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by spitfirebarbie

This paint pot is from the Mcqueen collection and is a very beautiful mid tone sea green that is true to the color in the pot. I find that 2 applications works best to achieve the richest color possible. The pot is huge and contains an incredible amount of product that will take forever to use up! I find this to be non drying and excellent as a base. Used alone the color is a bit flat but when used with its eye shadow mate "haunting" its really brought to life with a beautiful satin finish. Very versatile and pretty:) For reference I am between NC15 and NC20 by MACs standards, and in MUFE I am #20 in both face and body and mat velvet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by honeyclover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite of the McQueen paint pots. Otherworldly is a beautiful sea green, like the crayon I used to love from the Crayola boxes. I'm absolutely in love with it.
I would have bought Haunting, but the color payoff isn't very good with the McQueen eyeshadows. You can layer the eyeshadow on top to give it an extra pop of color, and even a velvety feel, if you will, but I didn't feel like I needed that.
The application is creamy and wonderful, and it doesn't dry out to be chalky, just provides a punch of pretty color. I already got so many compliments from it, and it's been on my eyelids without creasing for most of the day.
The blending is a little more difficult with the darker McQueen paint pot, electrosky, but it's a nice blue. I didn't feel like I needed it, though.
Since this is a blue color, it does not blend into anyone's skin tone, but provides the prettiest contrast (unlike Pharaoh, which does a nice job of blending a bit into your skin if you have olive/yellow undertones)
I find that I like it best wearing the paint pot alone, without any smudged liner to dilute the color (a clean line is okay), and a very defined lash (mascara!! mascara!!!)
I truly feel like I've just come from Egypt with this. ;)