MAC Paint Pot in Pharaoh (Alexander McQueen coll.)

4.6

on 8/29/2011 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been looking ALL over for this product and only found it on ebay for a ridiculous price. I did some research, and one person found tehron lime as a pretty close dupe for those of you looking http://vintageortacky.com/2009/09/18/mehron-tropical-palette/

on 5/21/2011 11:58:00 AM

Pharaoh is a great paint pot base for yellow,green and blue/turquoise looks. It's from the Alexander McQueen collection that came out with two other paint pots. This is pretty sought after! It's a pretty matte lime green color, no shimmer at all! Dries quickly, easy to apply :) I wouldn't buy it again though because it's such a huge pot, I would never finish using an entire pot up by myself!

on 8/26/2010 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to love this colour but one month after i started using it, it completely dried out! No, i didn't leave the lid open or anything. Same thing happened to a friend of mine who bought it too. I'm a big fan of PaintPot eye shadows and i was really dissapointed by this one. Mostly because the colour was gorgeous :(

on 5/27/2010 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Really cool color- yellow green, pops like crazy, will definitely get attention and people will notice it! I would have to pale it or sheer it out a bit for it to be more wearable for my lifestyle, but I think it's a fun color for anyone whole loves color and likes to play with. I wish it looked more green on me, but that's ok. It's super overpriced now on ebay since it was an LE, so for that reason I might not get it again, but I have it and it's cool to own.

on 11/30/2009 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I adore paint pots. When I saw Pharaoh, I knew I had to have it. The color is GORGEOUS and works well with both yellows and green. It also brings Bitter e/s to its full potential. I was shocked at how pigmented and bright the color is without piling it on. I only wish MAC would release more paint pots as colorful and vibrant as this. I cannot say enough how amazing this color is.

on 10/23/2009 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

PERFECT base for blue or green eyeshadows. If you love bold and colorful eye looks as much as I do, you need this. Makes Bitter look 1942894 times better, makes Rated R look orgasmic.

Get it if you can!

on 10/19/2008 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am so lucky that I found this at my CCO along with the other 2 McQueen paint pots!! This is my absolute favorite paint pot ever!! The color is such a pretty apple green. This is going to last me forever and a day, but if it's still available at the CCO when I run out, then i'll definitely repurchase!

on 7/18/2008 3:40:00 PM

i love love this paint pot. i dont usually like paint pot because i crease badly without a base (i swear my life on UDPP)

but i had to have this green base paintpot.
a light coat on the eyelids will go a long way. it makes ALL green tone e/s or pigments pop. it doesnt matter whether it is dark like humid or light like charetuse it juz makes aNYYY green pop.

i swear on this, and the best part is i got it as a present LOL.

on 7/12/2008 5:25:00 PM

Pharoah paint pots looks amazing against my NW15 skin and dark brown hair, very striking. It's a bright, matte yellow-green that is great if you like to wear bright colors. It can be a little difficult to blend, but I make sure I do two things to get the smoothest application. 1.Swirling my finger around a bit to warm it up. 2.Blending quickly on my eyelid. If I don't make sure to warm it up and blend quickly it can get a little grabby/patchy. If eyeshadow is being applied on top this isn't as big of an issue, but this pp is so beautiful I love to wear it by itself. If MAC re-releases this with a future collection, or makes it permanent, I would buy it again.

on 6/26/2008 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When I saw this paint pot at MAC a few months ago, I initially thought it was too bright and too yellow-toned. Moreover, I felt there was no way it would work with anything. However, the SA told me that this color pairs nicely with green shadows, yellows, and golds. I swatched a touch of the color on the back of my hand and then swatched the green color in the Fafi 2 palette and wow! It really looked pretty!

Like with most paint pots, the texture is somewhat creamy but not emollient at all. It is kind of on the dry side. The color payoff with this paint pot is more pigmented than the others but you can layer on sheer and build up. I prefer this color to be lightly applied on my lids for a touch of color because I can see how too much can make you look ill. So a little will go a long way here.

Yesterday, I used Pharaoh under the Raxor green from the Kat Von D for Sephora eyeshadow palette in Beethoven and let me tell you, that little polish of bright green-toned yellow really made the greens in that silvery shadow just pop.

This product is LE so if you do not have it, you may have to search a bit. My local MAC store no longer carries it.

Top Rated MAC Products