October 1, 2014 | 978 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Trio in Serengeti

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NYX trio set in Serengeti are fabulous bold colors. Perfect for a new bright look or for costume makeup. The color pay off is fantastic with really good pigmentation. I think this trio will last me forever so I won't ever have to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite of all the NYX trios. I have repurchased this one already. I have been DYING for a vibrant yellow and green shadow and I have found them in one container. The price is great, even if you only like one color. The packaging is sturdy and comes with a miirror and a sponge-tip applicator which I do not use. I find the colors have excellent payoff and staying power over a primer (I also seal with Skindinavia makeup setting spray) and there is a decent amount of product in the pans. I have several of these trios and I have not hit pan yet. Can't beat it for $6-8 USD.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by crazykewl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Will I buy this again: YES!

Would I recommend this to people? YES!

When I feel like wearing greens, Serengeti is what I reach for.

The texture and pigmentation is amazing! Its pretty bright, so if youre shy about color you may want to use a light hand, or look somewhere else!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by honeydovey

I'm surprised at how good this product is! The colour payoff is great for only 6 bucks and it lasts all day with a base. I find the color to be shimmery but not overly shimmery which is the right amount in my opinion. Looks very nice and would definitely buy again. This trio palette comes with a little double sided sponge application that is of a good quality. The soft rubbery non-porous head applicator, unlike the very scratchy porous head applicators that are in other eye shadow palette that end up just being chuck away, NYX applicators are actually very use-able.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by AutBot3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These trios are really good for the price, and I really like the little packaging they are in with that cute little mirror! If you buy them from some places online you can get them for $5.99! That's 2 bucks a color and the color payoff is really pretty good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this. I love all NYX eyeshadows. They are so worth the money. Color payoff is amazing. These will put off an intense look so it may only be for the brave :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by fidigum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for eyeshadows that could work with my MAC humid and bingo! Excellent price, good quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by AshleeEileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alas, this color trio does not work for my skin tone. I really did have high hopes when I purchased it. It just makes me look weird. I have extremely fair freckled skin, so I expected this to work on my skin tone. I just looked like an alien. Oh well, I'll just be jealous of the girls who can rock this trio. I give it four lippies because of the excellent quality of the actual shadows, which blended very well and stuck to my eyelids like glue over UDPP. I'll probably use the darker green, (the one on the far right) for when I do rainbow eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I bought it for the yellow shade and the soft acid green reminds me of some shades I've been looking at. The third shade reminds me of the color of Kermit the frog. Under some lights, it's too bright of shadow to wear to most places. Pat on the color over UDPP and it goes on alot better with the brightest color payoff. It's much brighter than in pics. Pair it with pink lipstick... any other color is not a match. Maybe a nude would work also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this trio! I was looking for an alternative to MAC's bitter, and this did the trick. I am trying to spend less money on MAC, with the economy the way it is. I am so glad my husband persuaded me to get this trio. I am wearing all 3 colors today on my lid, in the same order they are in the package. I feel they have excellent color payoff. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base, applied with a brush, and then I use the same brush (which is moist from the Too Faced SI) to apply the eye shadow. I don't have any problems with the shadow adhering. For those of you who think it's too sheer when applied, I encourage you to use TFSI with a brush to also apply eyeshadow. These shadows last all day on me with the base. This is such a bright, happy trio! Awesome product for a great price ($7.99 at Ulta).

EDIT: I removed two lippies because, as pretty as these colors are, they just don't look great on me and I rarely wear them. They are just too bright.