April 16, 2014 | 1963 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Chantecaille - Rose Eye Makeup Remover (démaquillant pour les yeux à la rose)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the greater waste-of-money products I have tried. I love a lot of Chantecaille's products, but I could not see that this really did anything special for the money. Vaseline takes off eye make-up, as does olive oil if you don't like using petroleum-based products. It didn't even work particularly well leaving behind traces of mascara. I don't see the point of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by pokeymochi

GREAT Product. My mother bought me a bottle at Saks the other day and it works like a charm. All that heavy clubbing makeup that is on your face, this baby will take it off with hassle, easily. Before this the only makeup remover I ever found to work well was Lancome's. This one is definitely easy on the eyes and does not sting one bit! Packaging is adorable and pink! I'm surprised there aren't many reviews for this item...probably due to its high price

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by jas22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and am prone to allergic reactions and/or eczema around my eyes and eyelids. The Chantecaille SA used this on me when I was trying out new eye shadows. This is the first eye makeup remover I've found that doesn't dry out, burn or sting my eyes and actually removes my makeup. I've tried low end, high end, and popular products over the past 20 years I've worn eye makeup. The only downside to this is the price: it's way too expensive at $33 and I'm not sure I can afford to regularly buy it vs. just using my cleansing oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by DelicateBallerina

This removes hour makeup very well but I found it to sting my eyes a bit. The packaging is in a glass jar with a plastic cap and the opening of the bottle is not very wide or narrow. I won't repurchase because it sting my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by deblog

I was looking for a gentle eye makeup remover and bought this brand since I liked the ingredients and thought that would make this what I was looking for. It is gentle, but doesn't really remove all my eye makeup and I don't wear mascara, plus it gets a bit sudsy and slippery even though there is no oil in it. It's just an ok eye makeup remover that I won't purchase again. I think there are many less expensive brands that work better than this. I like Decleor and will probably repurchase that again after this is gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why some ppl find that it stings the eye. For me it was very gentle and really did remove everything. If you are using waterproof mascara it might take you awhile to remove it though. Although the price is steep I will definitely repurchase when i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by chuckmo

This is my HG eye makeup remover. It takes everything off easily without having to rub and without having to use a lot. Also, it doesn't sting my eyes or leave an icky residue. i'm hooked. Four lippies because of the high price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$33 for an eye m/u remover sounds pretty darned steep doesn't it? Yikes. Nevertheless, this product would be a nice splurge item. Hard to imagine that there are many of us that can afford this product right now, especially with the relatively widespread availability of the TBS chamomile eye m/u remover that costs a fraction of its price. I had a generous sample of this particular product from an NM purchase. It was good for a few nights. Judging from the reviews, I am one of the lucky ones - I had NO burning or stinging in my eyes or the skin in the eye area. I also found that it was very effective at removing m/u (use the moistened cotton first on my eyes and with what's left, you can take off the rest of your "face"). I would then follow with a cleanser. I looked at the NM website to see if there was some clue re: ingredients - includes their rosewater (rose de mai, I believe), chamomile, cornflower, plus "extracts of apricot, pure honey, rosemary and aloe vera". I do not know what the oily stuff might be (it is obvious that there is some other oil-based stuff (or oil!) in there that will dissolve the makeup). I also have some issues with this description of "82.2% botanical and paraben-free formula". I assume that it means 82.2% botanicals in the formula and that nothing in this potion is a paraben. However, the number (%) is kind of meaningless -- b/c most cosmetics like this one are mostly water to begin with and "only" 17.8% of non-botanicals can be a lot of stuff that you would not otherwise put up with...so I find this "82.2% botanical" to verge on meaningless (on a good day) and somewhat misleading and bogus (on a grumpy day). Regardless, a reasonably good product for those with $$ to burn...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Chantecaille (as my reviews show), but sometimes.... they come out with a really terrible product; this is one of them. I ordered 2 bottles of the remover and they are both going back. It removes makeup beautifully but then it begins to BURN. And I mean BURN. My eyes, the skin around them turn red, sting and itch terribly. Cold compress don't even help. I thought maybe it was the mascara so I tried it with a different type; same. Then I tried it on a cottonball over a no-makeup eye a few days later; OMG, burned, stung and watered for hours.

They go back! I have no idea why this product is so harsh. So disapointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by angl2b

*update* Although I like that this product takes everything off - I didn't like that I had clogged my pores near my eye and developed a cyst. Suffice to say I haven't used this product since and will not repurchase.

I was hesitant to purchase this product but wanted to try something that wouldn't leave my skin heavy and with a greasy feeling. So here is what I think of this make up remover. I like that it it soothing on my skin (I have very sensitive combination skin), gentle and didn't leave my skin sticky or greasy. It took off the make up on my skin, since I don't wear mascara I can't say how well it will take that off. Overall, I like this product, I would purchase it again.