Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme Creme Compact Makeup

3.6

on 2/11/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Sometimes we have what we need. I've been upset about not returning this compact since I picked it up in Macy's. The lighting there is horrible and the ladies manning the EL counter never seem to be able to pull off a good shade match. I feel like the only woman on the planet not to be able to get a match for Double Wear.

In the pan the product is unimpressive but I pulled it out this week because all my other makeup just sits on top of my dehydrated skin. And, it turns out to be rather perfect.

The texture of the cream is thick but it settles onto the skin nicely without a heavy build-up or appearance. Coverage is medium and I'm sure it could be packed on for full. Both the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and the Cover FX Cream Foundation brushes work with it. I feel it does need to be set to prevent transfer and my Cover FX Illuminating loose powder does that. A final tap tap with a Beauty Blender helps it along toward looking more skin-like but I do see it, possibly because my skin really, really hates me and this winter weather right now. What I like best is that it's a 'beefy' foundation, which means I can use blotting paper in my t-zone without it disappearing and it hasn't broken down.

As for the 'lift' claims...does anybody really believe those? I prefer higher SPF in my foundation, which is why I give 4 stars.

on 12/17/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this product after weeks of waiting on EL Doublewear Max. Coverage camoflage foundation to come back in stock (which never did as the saleslady said EL were re-packaging it), & BOY am I happy I did. I started to get it in the liquid form, as they sell it that way too, but the creme compact intrigued me. So the creme won out. Let me be honest & say it's only been 3(!!!) days, but it is so, so good I had to go ahead & give my review. Here goes:The 1st day applied it w/a little oil of olay on 1st, no primer. It did not want to spread too well & looked a little blotchy, for lack of a better word. I washed it off-planned on taking it back. Day 2:I thought maybe if I use my nighttime moisturizer St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin, which is not marketed as a nighttime regime, I just use it then cause its really,really thick, maybe it would work. And so I started off w/my St. Ives, let it soak in just a 'little', primed (I use Monistat Chafing Gel) & let me tell you what a difference this little change in routine made. It did not oxidize, slide off my face, change color, etc. Midday I did a 'very' light dusting of Rimmel Stay Matte just down my nose just for paranoia's sake. It's been on for a full 9 hr.s & that's ALL I've done, touch-up wise. If anyone is on the fence on what foundation to buy, this is IT! Try it once, you'll love it. It may even become your HG as it has become mine. My only gripe, besides not buying it sooner is I wish you got more product than you do. And a week before, I bought Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, I don't really care for it so it's going back for a BACK-UP of my creme compact. Also, I don't know if I mentioned this but it is VERY PIGMENTED (FULL coverage). Buildable if you want that perfect, even, I was born this way skin. Does not look at all mask-like. Again, try it. You'll love it. Apologies for the long review. I wrote it the way I would like to see A review if I were looking for a review on a certain product. Best wishes, EL lover for life. P.S. My skin is very pink mostly all over with both somewhat oily areas and dry areas, esp. under my eyes. This product WILL NOT SETTLE INTO your fine lines around the eyes, pores or anywhere else. If that don't sound like a keeper, IDK what is. I'm 35 yrs. old. The color of mine is 1N1 Fair 09. I have pink undertones-this neutralizes my skin perfectly. P.P.S It comes w/its own sponge, but I have found the best way to apply this is w/those generic triangular white sponges where you get 20 or 30 in a pack. Tried it with a RT stippling brush, but didn't work well AT ALL-LOOKED SPLOTCHY. Hope this helps. Thanks & sorry 4 the MASSIVE review!!!

on 7/18/2012 8:34:00 PM

The best foundation I have ever used and I have used them all. From drugstore brands to the most expensive department store brands. This foundation goes on beautiful and last forever even through heat. Its creamy and goes on smooth. The coverage is wonderful. Covers well without looking like a cake. Just BEAUTIFUL. Thats all I can say. I will be rebuying

on 6/23/2012 3:25:00 AM

This is an alright foundation. But it's too expensive for how good it actually is. I've used most of it up only because it cost me so much and to be honest I'm looking forward to getting back to my drugstore foundation.

on 6/11/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review on Resilience Lift Extreme
Ultra Firming Creme Compact Makeup SPF 15.
I have purchased this for a few years now and love it!
This is a creme foundation compact.
It comes with a round good quality sponge applicator.
If you use this makeup I suggest cleaning your makeup sponge on a regular basis since the creme foundation can build up on the sponge.
This foundation is ovcourse on the greasier side and heavier side.
If you would like 100 percent full coverage I suggest you try this.
This makeup will even out your skin completely and is very buildable.
I use the 1c1 nude color.
It realy does firm you face, when I use this it gives me a baby doll/botox look, perfect for those of you who have wrinkles or uneven skin tone.I get nothing but compliments when wearing this!
Use this compact very sparingly since it is very thick or else you will find it all used up in a jiffy, it only takes a little application for the full effect. I would reccomend this for mature adults and young women and would not recommend this for sensitive skin.
Also this makeup is not photo friendly.
Overall I Suggest you give it a try but have an estee lauder consultant try it out on you first since it is very expensive at almost $40.00.

on 11/27/2011 10:59:00 AM

This my favorite everyday foundation. I have no lines and combination skin. I love the finish, you glow and your skin will look beautiful. I've gotten many compliments over the years when I wear this foundation. In my opinion Estee Lauder makes the best foundations at a reasonable price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried Estee Lauder Resiliance as an alternative to Clarins Express wet & dry compact foundation, which is sadly discontinued.

Resiliance does last all day for me. I find wetting the application sponge and finishing with a foundation brush deals with the caking issues others have mentioned. However, at this end of the market, I wouldn't expect to be faffing about fine finishing to fix the short comings of a product.

on 3/5/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Paula Begoun gives this product a smiley face plus a checkmark and raves about it. If your skin is the exactly right type for this make-up - no lines and combination - you probably get really good results. (Plus the color choices are fabulous!) But if not, and unfortunately, you won't know until you've worn it for an hour or so. Not so great. I have fine lines and rosacea. I like the way it smooths on but it does require a powdering to finish. Plus it settles in every single fine line including around your eyes which turns eye make-up into a smeary mess. And finally, it requires constant touch-ups. I'm really disappointed! I'd say it's for young women with minor facial skin issues that are looking for adjustable coverage.

on 7/29/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this cream makeup. It provides excellent coverage, but looks cakey under the eyes. It's not moisturizing enough for my very dry skin. I pat it on to cover up red areas.

on 6/7/2009 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really don't know what all the fuss is about this product!
I am in the right age group for this foundation and I have pretty good skin (normal to dry, a bit dehydrated but in good nick).
This just made me look older - which wasn't much fun. I would even go so far to say that maybelline age rewind creme compact performs better than this product. I had been using Maybelline creme as an emergency makeup with Shiseido pressed powder over the top to set (otherwise it rubs off) and the finish was way better, very good infact and I probably would have continued with this only I don't like to use 2 products for foundation.
I found that after a couple of hours the resilience creame settled into lines and pores exaggerating them and making me feel (and look) like a clown! lol
Each to their own I guess...I would definately not use let alone repurchase this again.

Popular Crème Foundations