September 3, 2014 | 1112 users online

Moisturizers - Pure Skin Formulations - H.A. Serum 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i wasn't that impressed with this product. it was okay, not bad but not something i'd order again. i got better results when i used plain aloe vera gel instead. once i run out i won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by marnie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have no real complaints about this product - it felt nice on, it absorbed well, there was no fragrance, but it didn't really perform. It did not make my skin feel any more moisturized or provide any visible difference to my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I have oily but dehydrated skin and I have always been conscious of my slightly crepe skin. I tried this as a cheaper alternative to Skinceuticals' B5 hydrating serum which irritated slightly. This gives momentary plumpness but once dried it seems to create a film over the skin which ends up feeling more drying than without the serum.

I only understand now that HA should be used in minute quantities because of its water binding effects, the levels of HA in these pure serums are too high to be functional in the long term.

I do like HA in lower quantities, but I almost prefer plant sugar alcohol derived humectants.

I consider this a mistake purchase during a fleeting tangle in smaller online only skincare companies. Never again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over two years and I love it. This gives me a little extra moisture without breaking my skin out. It doesn't work for me on its own, so I mix one pump into my moisturizer (either TBS 24 hr Keinetin or 2 drops jojoba oil) while my skin is still damp from washing.

Used to come in a glass bottle with a dropper, but they've changed the packaging to a plastic vacuum-pump dispenser which is rather large considering it only holds an ounce of product. I liked the glass bottle better because I could see how much I had left , it didn't take up so much room, and the glass dropper let me control the amount of product better, but I can understand the plastic and hygienic pump change.

As for the company itself, they are located in Canada, but I've gotten packages from them within 3 days of placing my order before; when this has been OOS, they email me and let me know, both at that time and when it leaves so I'm not left waiting forever like some other companies.

It's $18 for 1 oz, but it lasts about 5 months using a pump a day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by eyeThink

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this simple hyaluronic acid serum for my sensitive, oily, easily clogged skin. It absolutely neither irritates nor clogs my skin and is one of the best priced 100% pure hyaluronic acid serums available. I use it to dilute my gel retinoid and it provides the perfect texture and consistency for this use. Pure Skin Formulations as a company, in my personal experience, offers excellent customer service (I have sent emails inquiring about specific product ingredients and received prompt and well informed responses from them). I have used this serum for over 1 month.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's not much to say about this stuff except that it adds a little extra hydration to my skin. In fact, I really don't even need to use a moisturizer when using this stuff in the summer months. (My skin is extra oily in the summer.) I would recommend this stuff to people with oily skin who don't want to use a moisturizer, or to people who want a little extra added moisture. This stuff is great when layered under sunscreen. Plus, PSF's hyaluronic acid doesn't come from animal sources at all. The H.A. Serum sinks in quickly and isn't super tacky feeling or anything like that. I like to add it to my moisturizer during the winter for an added boost of moisture when the weather is so cold and harsh.

EDIT: I now use the Garden of Wisdom hyaluronic acids, so I wouldn't repurchase this product from PSF again. The PSF one is way too pricey compared to the GoW ones.