MAC Composure

on 11/14/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the sleek tube, and this color! Was turned off by 40's pink but this is lovely, Natural looking pinky brown, looks great! Long wearing, a little drying so I use prep & prime under it. Picks up a little more pink after an hr and starts to look more natural. Bought another already as its LE and gone now to DC

on 10/12/2007 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I normally wear nude lip colours, but since bold lips are all the rage, I decided to give "Composure" a whirl.
Others have reviewed it as a more rosy colour, but the MAC's site calls it a "bronze plum", which is what it looks like on me. It's a wonderful stepping stone for those who wear more subdued colours and want to wear more bold shades.
The texture is nice and creamy, and while it is very matte, it is not at all drying. The best part is that it's super long-lasting, and even stains the lip a bit so that when all of the lipstick is gone, your lips are still a bit pigmented.

All in all, a great product. I will definitely be picking up more of MAC's Mattene line!

on 10/9/2007 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is part of the Mattene collection, which is currently limited edition. To me, this is the "O" of matte lipsticks -- not in terms of color, but in terms of versatility with different lipliners. Without any lipliner, it's a muted brownish rose. I paired it with MAC Mahogany lipliner and got a deep reddish-brown. With MAC Whirl lipliner, it's a MLBB shade. The best part about it is -- and this is probably true with all of the Mattenes -- even after it wears off, it hasn't really worn off; the color is still there as a stain. I also got Caffe Latte and Flattering, which are great but not as versatile as Composure. Not even a week after buying Composure, I bought a second tube because I'm afraid they won't make it permanent. It's that awesome!

on 10/4/2007 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

THE perfect MLBB shade!
When I swatched composure on my hand it looked a little brown... but on my lips it turns into a muted rose that is simply beautiful! The texture is not like the other MAC mattes. It gives you creamy, opague coverage that goes on smooth and even and does not dry your lips out. The colour is also pretty long lasting - I wore it for 9 hours without reapplying, even after eating.
Definitely go check this one out before it's gone!

Popular Lipsticks