November 23, 2014 | 998 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Ile de Tahiti Coconut Vanille Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this.its a nice creamy coconut that isn't overpowering..like vanilla coconut =) too bad my allergies disagree

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by BakeCupcakesNotWar

This review is for the lotion, not the butter!

I LOVE this stuff. I recently bought two bottles at the SAS, as they were half off. I really wished I would have grabbed them all because they sold out very quickly! I fell in love with this scent the very first time they introduced it. I never bought the stuff, as I fell more in love with the Fei Banana scent.

When I saw this again this year, I had to have it! It's a delicious scent. I love the way it smells, both in the bottle and once applied to the skin. So summery and fragrant, yet light at the same time. This is not overpowering at all, at least not on me.

I have also found this lotion to be quite moisturizing, which I love! The price is a bit much for what I'd usually purchase but not if bought on sale. I really hope the release this every spring or summer. It's fabulous.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

This smells like sun tan lotion and i personally think it smells really bad.It's strong and kinda musty and I have never understood the appeal of coconut scented things, but to each her own I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by somastarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the lotion, not the butter. I swoon over anything coconut (it's my favorite scent ever). I'm constantly buying coconut-scented body products, thinking I'll smell like coconut, but the scent is never quite right.

This lotion has it all! The smell is intoxicating, and the lotion is super comforting and moisturizing.

On top of everything else, it's housed in a gorgeous blue apothecary-style bottle that reminds me of the islands and summer. What's not to love?!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the lotion (not butter). I absolutely love coconut scent, and will buy anything in coconut. I've tried their regular coconut lotion and like it too. But this is by far the best lotion I have ever used!!! It is a very unique coconut smell. With a hint of vanilla and musk (I believe), it is very seductive. I can't stop smelling myself :) The best part is that I can still smell it on my skin after putting in 8 hours of work!!!

Texture and feel of the lotion itself is amazing as well. It is on a thick side, but feels whipped, like the previous reviewer said. Abosorbs great and it is very moisturizing. Not greasy or sticky. Truly a seductive heaven. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Comfort in a tub. This body butter has a thick but whipped texture -- like a dense whip. And it's very rich. A teeny dab would likely suffice for a very large portion of my person, but it just feels so damned good that I slather salaciously. It's non-greasy, absorbs well, leaves skin soft and very comfortable. And oh . . . oh oh oh . . . THE SMELL!!! It's heavenly! Musk-y vanilla-y and very slightly coconut-y. The musk keeps the coconut and vanilla in check, and prevents this go-o-o-orgeous scent from smelling of weeklong holidays in all-inclusive resorts. And it lasts forever. I've put it on in the morning and gotten complements in the PM. But by far the best time to use this is before bed. It scents everything - bedsheets, jammies, room -- for days. Such a soothing, comforting, relaxing smell. My tub has lasted me for quite some time, but I'm in need of a new one and B&BW had better not have discontinued it!