April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Toners - Shiseido - The Skincare Hydro-Nourishing Softener

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

This is the most important product in my skincare routine! I have super sensitive and dry skin. I love, love this toner! It makes my skin super soft and helps to soak in my moisturizer. It's my holy grail item.

Please watch my skincare routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sashu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know some may not really get the point of using thia product, I was reluctant as well. But it does provide a very nice transition from the cleanser to the moisturizer.
It's soft and nourishing and doesn't dry up the skin like usual European toners do.
I had to give it up - and thus being the reason I am reviwing it for 4 points instead of 5 - because I had an allergic reaction to one of ita ingredients and my skin would react with very small blemishes, like in a local rash around my face. it would pass in a few hours, but still not a good sign.
now I use it for pampering my hands and feet at the end of the day. quite enjoyable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I went shopping and the Shiseido stand caught my attention because they were doing a little skin scan for customers that would help you identify your skin type and find the right products for it. So as the skinfanatic that I am I sat down and got my skin tested and the woman told me that I had dry skin (as if I didn't already know). Anyways, she told me to try out The Skincare range by Shiseido and recommended the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam and the Hydro-Nourishing Softener (and another product which however I didn't buy). So I bought these two items hoping that they would be my holy grail (after all I spent around 50 which is about $100).

The Cleansing Foam was quite good and left my skin feeling squeaky clean and soft but the skin softener didn't do anything for me. You're supposed to use a cotton pad and gently wipe it over the face before applying your moisturiser on and it would help absorb it better. For me it did nothing.

It's a waste of money and not worth it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by dilam

This product is amazing. It hydrates so well, and disappears into the skin. It also smells very good. I use this in the morning and it makes my skin so supple. the packaging is very good too, very clean and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have fairly dehydrated skin, and this is the first toner I have ever used that actually helps treat it, despite the fact that the formula contains alcohol. It also contains sodium hyaluronate, which is supposed to allow skin to absorb more moisture, as well as some form of parabins as preservatives. Let me start off by saying I am not scared of chemical preservatives in makeup; I think they're necessary, in fact, and agree with KarlaSugar.net - natural is not always best for the skin, and chemical can be beneficial. Hey, I like science and technology. ;-). The segway being that I feel that is what you're paying for in this toner. I truly can't believe how gentle it is on my dry skin despite containing alcohol; there is no stinging or astringency at all when I rub it on with a cotton pad. In fact, after a couple of days of using the free sample I had received, I noticed it *reducing* the stinging sensation I felt when using other follow up products, such as anti-aging serums or tinted moisturizers containing retinol. I use this with many other skincare product brands, not as part of a greater Shiseido lineup, unless you count their Ultra N sunblock. I never believed in toners as a necessary step in my facial routine because so many that I tried just *stung* so much, without any visible benefits I could see - even when I had oily skin. This is the only toner that has actually felt like it helped heal / protect my skin from the other products I use that I do feel are necessary; my skin feels as though it's absorbing more moisture from my serums and moisturizers after I use this than it normally would be. My face also doesn't feel as tight and dry at the end of the day after wearing foundation, as it did before I started using this product. The only thing keeping this from being a Holy Grail for me is the stiff price, but even that, compared to the rest of the Shiseido lineup, is fairly reasonable at about 34 for a large, hygenic pump bottle that will last for a long time. The sample alone took me nearly 5 days to burn through, and that was after I had poured an excessive amount into my hands thinking it was a plain old moisturizing lotion the first time I used it. You really need just a little to get great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by renaphuah

If you have combination/dehydrated skin, this is your toner/hydrating serum. I have tried many different toners - calming, exfoliation, purifying and serums - hydrating, radiating... nothing is as good as this, or as worth the price as this. Dont forget that this has hyaluronic acid that hydrates without clogging pores. I use this with their night The Skincare moisturiser and my skin is immediately soft and supple even in the cold winter nights. I went off it thinking its too expensive, and my skin breaks out from other non-hydrating toner. Cant live without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

This is amazing! I started using it only few days ago and already my skin is soo much more hydrated. My skin used to feel tight after cleansing but not anymore. It is a lot more radiant and soft. I sorta started using this at the same time i started the lancome genefique night cream. But i'm pretty sure its this stuff that hydrates my skin. The genefique range is more for prevention even thou my skin does look better since i started the youth activating serum few months ago. Overall, will definitely repurchase! Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Fantastic and unique product for this early 30s Asian with combo skin. It is a toner that prepares your skin to fully drink up and absorb whatever product is to follow. It truly delivers this benefit! My skin feels more nourished and moisturized when I first use the Softener and then my moisturizer or retinol treatment. I use the Shiseido Bio Performance Super Revitalizer, but used this softener with other moisturizers just to see if it was still effective and it is! I would use this even if i stopped using other Shiseido products, but I wouldn't do that because Shiseido Skin care is truly the best for my complexion :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a glycerin like toner which goes on non-sticky and my skin seems to absorb it really well. I don't notice any major effects on my skin after using this product but it does make my skin feel more hydrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprising this product got such a good review!

I've got the entire skin-care hydro line. From cleanser, toner to moisturizer. This toner... compare with many other department store brand. Was very very irritating. I actually LIKE thicker toner texture but this one never sink into my skin. My skin feel so ichy,sticky an hard to breath after applying this on... the result? Break my skin out all over.... lucky it was just a sample. Very poor quality and will NOT repurchase.