August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Lumene - Premium Beauty Nourishing Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Beautiful tube, but the mascara itself does not work for me.
Even after wiping the brush, it is too wet and heavy, clumps my lashes together and makes them straight and droopy.
I have been using Max Factor 2000 calorie for drama, and auburn volume couture for a natural look, and they curl my lashes without the use of a curler. Also liked Diorshow, but why pay that much when I don't have to. New favorite is Yves Rocher's Yria, beautifully natural and lengthening.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by MidwestChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is exactly like it describes- Noursihing. It is a very natural and nourishing mascara for your lashes. The brush holds too much mascara which can cause noticable clumping.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mascara and the packaging is quality as well, however I agree with the reviewer who said that loads of it come out on the brush; I too have to spend some time cleaning it off before I can use it. That is sooo annoying! I have yet to find though in my 28 years of existence a mascara that comes out of the tube ready to go, I ALWAYS have to wipe off the brush or else there are clumps everywhere. If anybody knows of a mascara that you don't have to wipe the heck out of the brush, please let me know! Overall I wouldn't buy this again for that reason alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have had this mascara for 1/2 an hour, but so far I love it! Went on smooth, did not make my eyelashes stiff, nice black color, and was buildable to lovely volume/length. Not as full as my beloved (but irritant to my eyes) NYX doll eyes, but closer than I thought! If it does not smudge or irritate my eyes, this may well be HG. The brush is great too, and I had nothing like the problem the previous reviewer had of too much product on the brush. I'll update when I know more about how well it lasts/does with sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lavendargirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe that no one has mentioned how much mascara comes out on the wand. I have to spend 30 seconds wiping off the excess before I let it anywhere near my lashes. After I've done that (a pain) then the product is great, but for $14 I don't think I should have to do that. Going to try to return it & keep looking for that perfect drug store mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is the second best drugstore mascara I've ever used. It's been proven that sea buckthorn oil can repair damaged hair and encourage hair growth, and eyelashes need it too. I've used an entire tube of the Black mascara, and my lashes are definitely longer and thicker! The whole formula is amazing: So soft and silky, never clumping, never drying, fully nourishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by taco_o_doom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

omfghc!!!! plotz!!! i have finally found a mascara i can wear!!!

I have notoriously sensitive eyes coupled with eyelashes that are naturally rather long. So I've been hunting a mascara that thickens rather than lengthened and doesn't make the lashes wire brush stiff. This mascara's formula is layerable and not horridly clumpy, my lashes stay soft and look thicker, which is all I've ever wanted *squee*.It lasts all day with minimal flaking and smudging, despite the fact i rub my eyes more than i probably should, and at the end of the day it came off easily with just my normal facial cleanser, i didn't even need my hardcore eye-makeup remover!

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mdelah01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My initial impression of this mascara was that is was nice, but nothing spectacular. The mascara goes on very smoothly and you can apply multiple coats without any clumping. Just a nice everday mascara. However, now that I've been using this for 2 months, I am noticing that my lashes look fuller! Hmmm, I wonder if there is something to this mascara after all? I know sea buckthorn and the tri peptides it contains are very good for skin and hair, so maybe this does in fact help make lashes fuller over time, mine certainly appear that way. I am impressed enough to keep using this mascara for the time being to see what long-term results would be. Incidentally, I purchased this Mascara during a BOGO special, it is normally priced at $12, a little pricey for drugstore mascara, in my opinion, but I would still repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a good mascara. I like the the flat-in-the-middle shape, like a regular mascara brush that's been stepped on LOL. This allows me to angle the brush to avoid the dreaded eyelid smears on application. It gives OK length and volume, doesn't wilt curls or clump, stays on well, and is not a chore to remove. Since Lumene is not available where I live, I will definitely save the brush when I'm done with it to re-use with other mascaras. Will update if the promised lash-growth or nourishing benefits materialize.