September 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by thsses

I'll use this when i want light coverage. It doesn't look cakey after numerous layers. It matifies but at a certain point, i'll have light oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by bianca92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product whilst in Europe on holidays and it was one of the first pressed powder foundations I have used. I found that this was best used over my liquid base foundation as it has quite a light coverage. It has a natural finish which is something I look for in a foundation. I did not love the packaging however, the top of the compact broke pretty quickly and I didn't really use the makeup application pad that came with it because I just ended up using one of my makeup brushes. I entirely used up this product, however I probably won't buy it again anytime soon as it isn't easy to buy Sephora products affordably in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

this was the first foundation product I ever used and I do like it. I don't reach for it all the time but I find that it provides decent coverage and it is very matte. I only use this in the summer when I feel oily and don't want to put on liquid or cream foundation. I don't have many blemishes or face discoloration, so I find that this is perfect light coverage to even out my skintone. I wouldn't repurchase because I'm sure that there are drugstore powder foundations that perform the same way, for half the price. Overall though, I like it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by montinez

Horrible. I lost my receipt so I'll only receive store cred when i take it back =( i should've stuck to Mac foundation for only $8 more.

It's to white and chalky.
Doesn't last at all, I've used drug store makeup better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This compact was the perfect example of unbalanced form and function. Sephora should have been ashamed of themselves for releasing a product which performed like > $30 but was packaged like it was < $3. The photo accompanying this review speaks for the frustration I felt when after a handful of uses, I accidentally bumped my makeup bag against fill-in-the-blank. A fluffy pomeranian. Air. The foundation cake cracked, crumbling into a mess which was almost impossible to remove from any cloth material with which it came into contact.

I finally decided to re-purpose the product as a powder, as it was a very close match to my skin tone. While it was mattifying, it did not leave my face excessively dry. Did not experience any adverse reactions from the formula, I could layer it successfully without a "fake" and cakey appearance. In other words, it was almost a holy grail.

They recently relaunched these compacts in a supposedly more user-friendly format, so their old relatives were on deep clearance. I picked up a few and didn't even bother attempting to use them normally--just used a heated knife blade to slice the foundation cake, and removed each wedge from the compact and placed into empty loose powder containers. If you are able to find any of these on sale, I highly recommend purchasing them and performing the same sort of Doctor Operation.

I'm not coming within 50 feet of these reformulated products without seeing a high amount of 4/5 star reviews for the packaging. At this price point, it's absurd to deal with any complications in that regard--especially when I could just pay an additional $10-$15 dollars and have no worries whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I have been using this about 9 months and love it! I've used it every day. I've tried using other powders and nothing else I've tried comes close to mattifying like this. The coverage is light, so I usually put this on top of BB cream/concealer if I use them. The main reason I use this is for mattifying and evening out my skin. It's about $20 and I like the sponge it comes with

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blowpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good product. It gives a decent coverage and matches my skin tone. It's not overly amazing but it works and I'm glad :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple product for me since I found it. It blends seamlessly and doesnt break you out. Only gripe I have is the packaging. When you get to the end all the powder falls apart and gets all over everything. Luckily, Sephora told me they are redesigning the packaging!!! The product formulation will stay the same, just revamping the packaing. Excited to see it! I wear D35 in this powder. UPDATE: The new packaging is horrid! It is nearly twice the size of the original package and comes with a ugly white half moon sponge instead of the black round sponge... Might have to rethink this foundation solely because I hate the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by grellsutcliffspears

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is nice, I suppose. Certainly NOT one of the best I've tried, but decent. Some things I don't like; it has parabens, it doesn't last long, the packaging is EXTREMELY flimsy, and it's not completely matte, it's almost a satin finish on me. It does have a nice texture though, and it does not have a lot of fall out, also, I used to be an nc30, luckily I'm now nc25(I hate being tan. I'm trying to get to nc15(Iknow, it'll take a while)), so it's too dark. I like to use powders that are my exact skin tone, but it used to match perfectly. My friend loves it, but I guess I'm too picky.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference, I have *extremely* oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin with a hard-to-match pale complexion with yellow undertones (everything tends to bee too pink/beige/orange/dark) and uneven redness in my nose/forehead/cheeks.

I was looking for a less expensive alternative to my regular foundation, Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation, and I was also hoping for a bit more coverage and better staying power than the Too Faced provides. I chose this one based on the positive reviews here, and because I swatched just about every powder foundation in Sephora trying to find the closest color match to my Too Faced powder in Warm Vanilla (the best match I've ever had from a foundation thus far), and this powder came the closest in shade D20 I believe it was.

I was super happy about the price of this one, which is almost half of what I pay for the Too Faced. Unfortunately, though, I forgot to really look at the ingredients in this before purchasing. Although this does have slightly better coverage and staying power than my Too Faced powder, I absolutely hate the finish it gives, and I believe the mica and the bismuth oxychloride are to blame. I normally try to avoid face makeup with mica near the top of the ingredients list, as I find the finish just never works with my oily skin, as it always looks a bit shiny and unnatural to me. I've also read that bismuth oxychloride can have the same sort of shiny/unnatural finish on oily skin types. I wasn't expecting this finish since this foundation is called "mattifying," so I was hoping the finish would be completely matte like my Too Faced powder. I also noticed that this looked very powdery and obvious on my skin, whereas when I went back to my Too Faced powder I was amazed at how natural it looked compared to this one. Sadly, I realized I would have no use for this product, and ended up returning it to Sephora, which I rarely ever do. I won't be repurchasing it, but it might be alright for someone who doesn't have really oily skin.

Oh, and I forgot to add that the color didn't end up working for me; it appeared too dark/beige after applying it all over.