Philosophy The Great Awakening

2.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it! Tip: Use 1 capsul for 3-4 uses-will save money! jsut make sure to cust sdown on water appropriately. Also use HOT water-disolves mush better that way! the results are not amazing, but really, really good!

on 3/10/2005 10:56:00 AM

My friend sells Philosophy so she told me not to use the whole capsule, only half, so you get more value out of it. She also told me to use it every other day in the beginning. I love it! I have had acne my whole life, this has helped A LOT with the scarring. And I love the way my skin feels. Will buy again!

on 2/17/2005 5:09:00 PM

My skin was looking dry and dull from the winter weather and this treatment really perked it up. After a few weeks of treatments (once a week), the benefits plateaued and I saw no further improvement.

Also, the container provided to mix the capsule contents with warm water is very clumsy - I have difficulty snapping it shut completely in order to shake up the mixture, and it can get quite messy and wasteful.

And, as stated by others, the capsule powder does not dissolve completely in the water; no big deal but that's not in sync with the instructions.

Not sure I'll purchase this product again - it is a bit expensive to keep using with no further improvements.

on 2/4/2005 4:44:00 AM

Terrible! serious allergy after this I start to understd how they name their pdt.

GREAT! awakening my face burned/redded/swollened! gosh it was the night before I had to fly to Taiwan for my vacation!!!

gosh, when I came bk from trip...called and complained and returned the pdt. HK would not allow for full refund:(

as for the whitening part....it has hydrogen peroxide in it of coz it will bleach your skin! same stuff you use for your hair.

on 1/31/2005 9:13:00 AM

Wow, my skin looks gorgeous today. I did the "system" yesterday. I can't even tell you - normally I have very good skin, clear of blemishes and smooth. But today my skin looks incredible! Soft, incredibly bright an even. The effects are outstanding. The delivery system could be improved - the capsule did not dissoolve into a smooth gel as it claims. However, I just applied it thickly with a cottom ball before putting th oxygen cream over it. A little messy, but the results are outstanding an completely worth it. Better than any other enzyme/brightening mask I have ever used.

on 1/8/2005 9:32:00 PM

I was surprised by all the negative reviews here, as I love this product. My skin feels extraordinarily smooth afterwards and looks bright and clear. (Yes, the gel can be chunky, but I just stir it with the scraper to fully dissolve the powder. No big deal.) The effects don't last forever, but who expects that? I use it once every three or four weeks for a pick-me-up and I'm always happy with the results.

on 1/2/2005 1:19:00 AM

waaaay too expensive for the results that you get. It's true, you get lighter skin for about 30 minutes, a few dead skin cells knocked off, but nothing spectacular. And the little capsule doesn't dissolve all the way, just too messy. I am interested in using this type of product to help with my congested skin. If this product were say about $5 dollars, then I would be really happy with the results, but definetly not worth the 50! Won't be re buying.

on 10/19/2004 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL! I'm not even going to bother to write a full-out rant because this product isn't even worth that! Blech, nasy product from philosophy!

on 10/14/2004 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It will only work if your skin is in need of repair. When I first purchased it I didn't notice a difference in my skin so it just sat in the medicine cabinet. But then I went on Accutane (the strongest acne product prescribed) and my skin was ravaged. I tried this again and had instant (well in about 3 minutes) satisfaction. My skin went from being dry, dull, and flakey, to dewy and glowing. I use it now about once a month when my skin starts looking dull and grey.

on 10/12/2004 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Whe the lady at the dept store showed this to me I thought it was way neat- like a science experiment...It worked a couple times- my dry skin looked really glowy just after using it. THEN IT STOPPED WORKING!!!
Not only did I keep trying to make it work but then I started to get very critical of the silly process. The gel capsule that you add to warm water and shake for 30 seconds? It stopped completely dissolving and was chunky. Then I had to slather chunky gel on my face and cover it with the foaming hydrogen peroxide? I dunno- I could have done more with that 45 bucks.

Popular Treatments (Face)