Laura Geller Lip Strip Cooling Sugar Scrub

3.8

Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) (Organic Cane Sugar), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Microcrystalline Wax, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Menthol, Sodium Saccharin, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Mentha Viridis Leaf Oil (Spearmint), Polysorbate 20, Titanium Dioxide, Red 30, Red 7, Yellow 10

on 2/15/2014 10:19:00 PM

I have very chapped lips all year round, so I need a good lip scrub. This one smells good, but it is mostly oil. I am very prone to blackheads and whiteheads around my mouth, so one use was all it took for me to throw this out.

on 2/8/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this lip scrub twice a week at night. I love everything about it!. The sugar is a great exfoliant. Slightly oily, which is the reason I use it at night...follow with eos lip balm or lasinoh lanolin and my lips are ultra soft and moisturized in the morning. The smell and flavor is minty...just crisp and clean.

Only con is that it's in a jar. Would prefer squeeze tube for hygiene issues.

on 1/8/2013 9:09:00 AM

i got a sample of this from sephora about a year ago and i still a lot left! a little bit goes a long way!
if your lips are really dry it will not get rid of all the dry skin, but for slightly chapped/dry lips it works really good!
it's not too rough on the lips, and it tastes and smells really good.
it will leave your lips feeling a bit greasy, but if you let it penetrate it will really moisturize good.
i use it before bed and apply blistex right on top, when i wake up my lips are plump, smooth and moisturized.

the only thing i don't like is the cold/tingly feeling i get on my lips and around my mouth for about 5 minutes after i use it; feels like irritation a bit.

apart from that love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Seriously? I got this stuff based on its good reviews and was sorely disappointed. Maybe they've changed the formula, I don't know. My batch is very oily and feels like the sugar doesn't scrub because of all the oil. My lips just feel greasy after I use it, and definitely not exfoliated. What a waste of money.

UPDATE 8/1/12: I recently found this in my bathroom drawer and decided to add a bunch of my own granulated sugar. Somehow, this stuff is still too oily, even with the extra sugar. I wish I could give it a 0 rating.

on 9/25/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

got a sample of this 4rm sephora and it lasted me soo many months lol only thing that scrubs my lips soo perfectly and leaves it plump and soft ready for lip gloss and stuff!one of my fav ever

on 9/8/2010 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Wow this is the first lop treatment I've tried and I love it!!makes your lips smooth and feels good..I also love the gloss it comes with!!!makes my lips look insanely beautiful..only got four lippies b/c I havent tried any other lip treatments yet...going to try the amore pacific one next! I still recommend this!

on 7/26/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's OK for me. I tried it on my flaky lips, it didn't remove the flaky skin completely. I ended up peeling them on my own and bled little bit. Yes, bad habit, cos I hate when lipstick application is not smooth. It's minty and sweet, which is a plus. I returned my LUSH sugar scrub, cos I find them to be equally similar to plain sugar and a bit too harsh. I wished the LG contains more sugar, yet still creamy. I think it's going to work better. Expensive, too.

on 3/30/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a good product, I like the sugar & mint. I needed this to help exfoliate my lips, however, I don't use it much because I sometimes forget I have it. I do like it though and need to start using it more when my lips are dry. Probably best to use at night before you go to sleep because even when you wipe it off sometimes there still are pieces of sugar left on your lips or face.

This makes your lips feel so soft and smooth and tingley! Really good for dry flaky lips (my lips are so dry). You rub it on dry lips in circular motion and then tissue off. It's minty and sweet. I heard that it's organic so if you swallow some- it's totally ok! A must have. I should use it more often but I am lazy with this kind of stuff :( Good price and you get tons of product- try it!

on 11/3/2009 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this lip treatment from Sephora. I loved it and will be ordering this evening! Really made my lips soft and left a pleasant moisturizing film on my lips. Putting on lipstick was the smoothest application I've ever had.

Popular Lip Treatments