August 20, 2014 | 998 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Fig. 1

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by 36CHAMBERSAGAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fig 1 looks like a crazy dramatic colour in the pan, but I love wearing this in neutral looks. When I first got it for my neutral palette, I thought I made a mistake and should have gotten Sketch instead like the SA told me to. So glad I didn't though. Its crazy pigmented and soft, but can be sheered out. A bit of this in the crease with a fluffy brush adds some purple, but its not BAM PURPLE EYESHADOW. I like to pair it with expensive pink, vex, patina, cranberry, and all that glitters. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't like Fig 1. to begin with because I thought it didn't go on very well. Turned out I was using the wrong brush for it; a fluffier brush works much better. I started out with Vanilla from lashline to brow, then covered the lid with Fig. 1 and used Star Violet to blend it out a little above the crease. It's heart-stopping for green eyes, smokey without being too much like I feel black can be.
It does not seem to go well with Typographic (which I added a bit of to try to deepen the crease and add a little more drama).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

A true matte neutral purple. Not cool, not warm, just purple!

Color payoff is awesome, blending is moderately difficult. Great lasting power. Tap off the excess and pat the color on to avoid fall out.

Works great for a smokey eye, as a less harsh shade than black, an accentuating color, a crease color. Looks good paired with cream/beige/brown shades as well as grays.

The color is dupeable though and not really very unique. Like I said, it's just purple. So I'll enjoy it while it lasts but will experiment with other shades...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so I bought Fig.1 months ago when I was on my matte kick. I wore it once and wasn't happy. It just looked so matte and flat and didn't really stand out on my NW45 skin. Well one day I wanted to do a smokey eye and didn't want to do the black or brown look and decided to give Fig a try again. It was looking so sad in my pallet. I don't know if it's because I have better brushes now or I'm using a better eye primer (Lorac Behind The Scenes) or what but my gosh this is HG for purple smokey eye. This is a rich deep matte purple, I pair it with Texture as my all over lid color,Fig on the lid and Carbon in the crease/corner...instant smokey. I do find that Fig is a color I have to really layer to get the color payoff but it's worth it. The matte2 shadows are some of the best mattes out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by stls

Absolutely fabulous!
Buttery smooth, insanely pigmented, very blendable.
Exactly the kind of purple I was looking for: completely matte, deep and not too reddish or blueish.
Great as a crease color or all over the lid for an alternative smokey eye, lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by alinabiryukova

seedy pearl all over and I use FIG. 1 in the crease. and shroom for highlighting. with brown pensil. it looks so natural yet makes the green in my hazel eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a great color for the outer V or crease. Caution, this is not as bright and light as it shows on your screen. It is dark enough for me to use on the outer third, but you won't get a smoky look from it, not unless you are bold enough to use it on your lids, and it's not too dark for that.

However, like the beautiful Handwritten, these are just too hard to blend. I do better with the darker colors from Lorac, they have MORE pigment and yet blend better. Fig is better to blend then handwritten, but gosh, why can't MAC make a decent e/s texture, these are Matte2's. Either too sheer, hard to blend, etc. But so man colors, what a shame. Well, people keep buying them I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this matte color! I use it in the crease with Beautiful Iris on the lid.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

perfect crease color when i wear purple shadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by arbutus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have green eyes but unfortunately all the "standby" shadows really look muddy on my eyelids, even with a paint applied.
I was so disappointed how muddy Trax looked because instantly it's the - oooh get this one - eye shadow.

However, this one doesn't look muddy. Just bright and purple. I like that there is no shimmer.

Looks good applied full on. If darker, Shadowy lady, is a good one with. And permaplum eyeliner all around. Instant green eye pop.