MAC Fig. 1

4.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It never dawned me that a matte 2 formula would have shimmer. This has shimmer. You canít see it until itís in the sunshine, but since Iím allergic to shimmer, this was a no go.

Love this colour, a dark purple that can be built up from sheer to full! I use a fluffy brush and apply to the outer v and crease over Shale as my base and looks amazing on my green eyes! I would definitely recommend applying lighter and building it up to your desired look. Not only will that help to last longer but also to get the effect you want! It is very pigmented and a little can go along way! I have this in a little 2 palette with shale for my weekend look then add some shimmer for an evening look!

on 3/2/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Don't be scared of the color in the pan! This is a stunning warm purple shade that actually applies quite sheer and is easily built up. While "sheer" might sound negative, it really gives great control over the intensity of this color, so I liked that. The consistency was smooth, creamy, and blendable. It is beautiful in the crease with so many colors. Unfortunately, like Sketch, I had a terrible allergic reaction and had to return it.

Fig 1 looks like a crazy dramatic colour in the pan, but I love wearing this in neutral looks. When I first got it for my neutral palette, I thought I made a mistake and should have gotten Sketch instead like the SA told me to. So glad I didn't though. Its crazy pigmented and soft, but can be sheered out. A bit of this in the crease with a fluffy brush adds some purple, but its not BAM PURPLE EYESHADOW. I like to pair it with expensive pink, vex, patina, cranberry, and all that glitters. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't like Fig 1. to begin with because I thought it didn't go on very well. Turned out I was using the wrong brush for it; a fluffier brush works much better. I started out with Vanilla from lashline to brow, then covered the lid with Fig. 1 and used Star Violet to blend it out a little above the crease. It's heart-stopping for green eyes, smokey without being too much like I feel black can be.
It does not seem to go well with Typographic (which I added a bit of to try to deepen the crease and add a little more drama).

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A true matte neutral purple. Not cool, not warm, just purple!

Color payoff is awesome, blending is moderately difficult. Great lasting power. Tap off the excess and pat the color on to avoid fall out.

Works great for a smokey eye, as a less harsh shade than black, an accentuating color, a crease color. Looks good paired with cream/beige/brown shades as well as grays.

The color is dupeable though and not really very unique. Like I said, it's just purple. So I'll enjoy it while it lasts but will experiment with other shades...

on 12/29/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok so I bought Fig.1 months ago when I was on my matte kick. I wore it once and wasn't happy. It just looked so matte and flat and didn't really stand out on my NW45 skin. Well one day I wanted to do a smokey eye and didn't want to do the black or brown look and decided to give Fig a try again. It was looking so sad in my pallet. I don't know if it's because I have better brushes now or I'm using a better eye primer (Lorac Behind The Scenes) or what but my gosh this is HG for purple smokey eye. This is a rich deep matte purple, I pair it with Texture as my all over lid color,Fig on the lid and Carbon in the crease/corner...instant smokey. I do find that Fig is a color I have to really layer to get the color payoff but it's worth it. The matte2 shadows are some of the best mattes out there.

on 6/25/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Absolutely fabulous!
Buttery smooth, insanely pigmented, very blendable.
Exactly the kind of purple I was looking for: completely matte, deep and not too reddish or blueish.
Great as a crease color or all over the lid for an alternative smokey eye, lovely!

seedy pearl all over and I use FIG. 1 in the crease. and shroom for highlighting. with brown pensil. it looks so natural yet makes the green in my hazel eyes pop.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a great color for the outer V or crease. Caution, this is not as bright and light as it shows on your screen. It is dark enough for me to use on the outer third, but you won't get a smoky look from it, not unless you are bold enough to use it on your lids, and it's not too dark for that.

However, like the beautiful Handwritten, these are just too hard to blend. I do better with the darker colors from Lorac, they have MORE pigment and yet blend better. Fig is better to blend then handwritten, but gosh, why can't MAC make a decent e/s texture, these are Matte2's. Either too sheer, hard to blend, etc. But so man colors, what a shame. Well, people keep buying them I guess.