April 19, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Wet Shine Lipstick- Spice it Up

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found this for $1 @ Dollar Tree, but it was just what I was looking for. It's great for those dramatic cat-eye looks when you want your lips to be understated, and not overdo the whole look. It's great anytime, actually! I wear it two ways on my lips: by itself, applying rather thick, and another way - with a lipliner underneath to bring it out and define the lips better. I am not much for the purplish case, but at least it helps me find it easy among my other makeup. One other good thing about this lipstick, it really does moisturizer my lips. I wish it had SPF, but oh well. I may stock up on this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2004 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mcel33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly this lipstick must be discontinued b/c I found it at a $1.00 store. But I just had to put my ywo cents in and say that I love this lipstick! It is a pinky nude and it is absolutely PERFECT!! Dare I say it, it reminds me of the Scott Barnes lip slick in provocative!! So sorry to see this go!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2003 11:35:00 AM More reviews by toothpick

This is a very lovely basic nude colour for my very pigmented lips. i have been looking for a nice nude lippie and finally, SPICE IT UP! It goes on really creamy and I wear it in 3 different ways:
1. wear it alone for a creamy nude look.
2. Wear clinique glosswear in airkiss on top to add more shine.
3. wear chanel glossimer in comet on top to add a subtle golden shimmer.

I am very happy with this purchase. It looks really nice with a highlighted eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 5:08:00 AM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Continuing my streak of buying lookalikes for products I already own, I present to you Maybelline Spice It Up: an excellent lookalike for MAC Hug Me. (As a side note, Spice It Up! is the name of a favourite MAC lipstick...originality is dead.) Now, I've swatched them side-by-side, and they're not exactly alike (SIU has more brown, maybe a hint more mauve, and less peach), but on my pigmented lips, both give the same natural pinky-nude effect. It's a compromise between a YLBB shade and a nude on me--what I like to refer to as a "nude for prudes". Nice, lightweight formula that can be layered for opaqueness. Not a heck of a lot of shine, but you knew that already. The Pepto-pink casing makes me twitch, but the colour inside is nice enough to allow me to overlook that. I fear this may be discontinued, as I found it on clearance, so I guess it's time to stock up! Even though I'll probably never finish this, or the Hug Me lipstick it resembles! Woohoo for excessive stockpiling!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by IvoryLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree, this is by far the best drugstore nude lipstick I have found (I have tried soooo many). On me it's mainly a warm spicy pinky brown, I don't see much peach in it. This is the perfect "college girl" lipstick, not too bold but not too innocent, just casual and natural. If you don't know already, there is very little shine to Wet Shine lipsticks, so just ignore that part. This is just a nice creamy, slightly sheer lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 11:01:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore shade of nude I have found so far. If you are looking for a nude shade, get this instead of the misleading "Nude Glow" which is really a frosty pink. This shade is a flattering color, nude with a peach undertone. I also use it with the WnW 712 liner, its a perfect match.

*Edit* To make this less pink and a lighter, truer nude, layer Maybelline Lip Polish in Flesh Light on top of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally agree w/ kealoha's review (see below). This shade is a creamy peachy-brown-pink nude that shows up well on my very pigmented lips with a warm liner (I use W&W 712). UPDATE: This color is great with lipliner, but on its own, it turned into a too-bright dated-looking (slightly chalky/pastel-y) peachy-pink on my pigmented lips. Perhaps the color was too warm for my preference. It's a nice enough color, just took a bit more work than I wanted, so I gave it away.