November 27, 2014 | 1408 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - hair color remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sammie1221

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been colouring my hair for over five years, two perms, several bleachings, I have done blondes, browns, red, purple, and BLACK. About five months ago I had my hair bleached and coloured fire truck red. I got tired of the upkeep so I went brown but there was still a lot of red and it was fading fast so I went black, since then I bleached some parts once more then recoloured black several more times. Talk about damage! After reading a bunch of reviews I decided I wanted to get rid of the plain old black even though I pull it off well. Having a friend help me we went through the awful long process and the colour started lifting after only a few minutes! I shampooed a ton then put in leave in conditioner and am very happy with the light medium brown that it gave me (: I also shampooed a few more times tonight and am using an olive oil hair mask that was very cheap and smells great to help with the little extra damage I got from this product. I will definitely use again! Following directions is very important that is why people generally don't get good results because they don't read it all (;

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Kkreation33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been dying my own hair for about 15 years. Last summer I was almost blonde after numerous foils. It was way to much upkeep so I went medium brown and eventually dark dark brown (almost black). I'm naturally a medium brown. The dark color was washing me out. I read about this product and was really nervous to try it based on some of the not so great reviews. I purchased two boxes since my hair is past my shoulders. (I only needed one.). Followed the directions to the letter. I used Aussie 3 minute hair repair after the long rinse time. I was anticipating a disgusting smell after reading the reviews, but I didn't think it was that bad, just be in a well ventilated room. I was expecting to have to re color my hair after using the product, but I am one of the lucky ones. The color it left was a medium brown with reddish tones which I actually love. The Aussie conditioner helped my hair a ton and I was expecting much more dryness and damage. To anyone who was like me, I have had about 10 different colors and about 20 applications in the past year of box die and this worked awesome for me. I have done a lot of stupid things to my hair but this will not go down as one of them. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by kelsey908

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!!! i dyed my light brown hair a semi-permanent reddish/dark brown this summer, and wanted to go back to my original color. Color Oops worked so well, and I went right back to my natural color after only one use of the product! definitely recommend and definitely would buy again! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by xPrimrose

I'm so disappointed with this product. I really wanted it to work but unfortunately this was a miss for me.
I had dyed my hair black over a light brown and wanted sort of an ombre look,
so i used this on the bottom half of my hair
at first it was super light! almost blonde and i was very happy with the results. however after showering, it turned into a medium brown
after a second shower the next day, it's practically black again.
very disappointing. And expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Antoinette81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works! I have colored my hair dark ash brown about 8-9 times in last 18 months and Color Opps removed most of the color. The worst part was rinsing your hair for 20 minutes, which dried my hair out. But a good conditioner took care of that. I was really worried about the smell, but it wasn't bad. I suggest throwing all used products away, like tie in a bag and put outside, once product is applied to hair (gloves, bottles etc) that seemed to be where the smell was coming from. I didn't really notice a lingering smell on my hair either. I highly recommend this over stripping or bleaching your hair. I bought two boxes because I have long hair, but got away with only using one. I'm going to keep the extra on hand just in case. And you can print $1 off coupon from their website.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by wavwil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So let me say this: Color Ooops is a LIFESAVER. I've committed some horrific mistakes with regard to haircolor--namely, using a Japanese product to get a darker haircolor, only to have it turn BLACK--and Color Ooops let me remove the haircolor the very next morning before anyone could see the catastrophe.

But because it had been a vegetable dye, I'd had to use Color Oops several times to fully remove the color: each time I used a regular permanent haircolor after the disaster, I got dark hair. Gradually, though, after a total of three to four uses of Color Ooops, I could use a regular haircoloring product once again.

But if a non-vegetable-based color is what you use, one thorough wash with Color Ooops should be sufficient, which is why I give it 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Woodpenny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a box to keep on hand and ended up using it today. My hair had a build up of orange and yellow pigments from using "golden" demi colors, and I want to try a more neutral/cool brown. I knew I needed to get rid of the old dye pigments before introducing another color, so I used this product. I am very impressed. I plan to dye tomorrow (I wanted to wait a day to let my scalp build up protective oils), so I just used oops, shampooed, conditioned, and then added no products -- just used the hair dryer. I love the outcome so much I almost hate to add dye tomorrow. My hair is shiny and silky, as if the oops clarified everything nasty out of my hair. I can't stop touching my hair.

The smell is nasty, and will linger in your house. It smells like rotten eggs or septic sewage. Your hair won't small that bad when you're finished, but your house will.

The directions do say that your hair will be more porous, so your hair may pull more ash tones from color next time use dye. I plan to use a filler (Neutral Protein Filler) before I dye. Hopefully that will help. Otherwise, I'll just use oops again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

update: my future mother and law had a bad hair dye incident and so I put this on for her. she insisted I wait longer since her color she didn't like was "really really" dark. I advised that would not be a wise decesion. It's a good thing we followed the directions bc any longer there might have been another oops! so do your selves a favor ladies and follow the directions, if she had followed the directions from the very get go - the incident would have never even happened. I think there is a mentality that longer is better. I have to put an end to this!

_________________________________________________________

I gave this such a high rating bc it saved me $160 dollars from getting professional color removal. I'm so glad my friend told me about his before I went bankrupt. anyways previous to using this I wanted to dye my roots so I happily trotted off to the drugstore. Instead of following the directions I decided to glop it all on and wait the full 25 minutes. bad decision! my hair was supposed to be red and it turned black! I quickly Called the 800 number and they said it turned black bc I put "color on top of color" and should have just done my roots. so I made my appt at the salon to get it fixed the next day - until my friend intervined. She recommended I pick up color oops. This time I CAREFULLY followed directions. In the directions it says to shampoo. I recommend using a really sudsy shampoo. I used sabastian laminates (talk about suds!) anyways, after all the rinsing I recommend doing a hair mask for 20 minutes.

* The only thing I would have done different with color oops is I would have done my roots for the last five minutes (sounds a little opposite) but If your situation sounds similar to mine do it likr this bc if not your roots will be a little lighter.

for reference:
- I have naturally medium ash brown hair
-I dyed my hair with Clairol Balsam Hair dye (reddish color) and it deposited red on red which apparently = black
-when I finished with color oops my hair was much lighter, not the original red that I had intended however the black was completely gone which made me very happy

*also I recommend reading the tips on the directions that tell you what precautions to take when re coloring your hair after using color oops since the hair is more porous after color oops. It says that re dyed hair can tend to look ashy so becareful.

*now I am scared to dye again* I will probably give my hair a break for a while and a little TLC. When I do get the courage to get it dyed this time I will seek professional help.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product works very well at removing haircolor, but then, when you dye over it, it ends up a completely different color. I used this, and had a light brownish color to dye over. I dyed it BRIGHT red, and it ended up slightly reddish, but basically dark brown, even a little ashy. Only do this if you're not going to color hair right after, or if you WANT to go dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kateee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I couldn't find my regular shade of hair color, I tried a substitute that had been recommended by the clerk. Oh god - WHAT a disaster. My caramel brown hair was almost black! I know that there are products out there that remove color, but in general, they're very, very harsh, and I have long, thick hair. My hairdresser recommended this product, which GENTLY removes permanent color in 20 minutes, is ammonia and bleach free, and allows you to re-color the same day. It really was a lifesaver. I was able to strip out the dark, muddy dye, re-color my hair, and achieve my original shade without any damage to the look or feel of my hair. I purchased it at the local Safeway, and I really couldn't be more pleased with the stuff !