Color Oops - hair color remover

4.3

Hello beauties!! This is volesey! I am a natural dark/ medium strawberry blonde. Well I got the bright idea[NOT} to go a darker red. it looked so good on my sister, why not me!!So of course i like a fool! did it. WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! So of course I read every review known to man woman or child. I even asked L'oreal and e salon for help!!
E salon said i should use Color Oops! I know a bit about dyeing my hair. ZERO about removing it! I am scared to death, but I take the plunge. First of all , i was pleasantly surprised that the directions were SIMPLE! Second of all I was expecting a horrible stink. I have smelled far worse when dyeing my hair. I was also afraid my hair would turn an awful color. I was simply trying to go back to my natural shade, or as close as possible.
So here I am, in a lovely, LOL plastic cap and an old stained nightshirt, I was aware of a slight burning sensation, but I know if you dye your hair, this is common. I could live with that, as long as it WORKED!!! So I waited, with baited breath! Longest 20 minutes of my life! I took the cap off, rinsed, shampooed, rinsed some more. i did this 2 more times and TA DAA!! Cue the hair angels, i saw the most beautiful strawberry blonde color EVER!! No need to dye it over again. Thank you Color oops! you saved my sanity, money, and time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those products that regularly rescues me from the claws of my own stupidity. Unlike bleach-based "strippers", this gets color out fairly quickly and with almost no damage. It has always been very reliable for me. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly--including those re temperature of the room. (I used my hair dryer for insurance). Things to consider:

1) If you are brunette, your hair may be a nice light orange color when you're done. Have a box of dye on hand to color over it immediately if, like me, this clashes harshly with your skin tone.

2) If you have thick hair or hair past shoulder length, definitely be safe and get 2 boxes. I use one on short hair.

3) This product is especially good for removing leftover previous dye before you try to go lighter with something else.

I would NEVER buy this product ever again.
To start this story I dyed my hair about 15 months ago. I dyed only the bottom half of my head black (idk don't ask). I wanted now to be all one colour so I went out and bought an extremely light blonde bleaching kit. It turned my hair 5 different colours and I needed to figure out what to do. I was freaking out because I have many appointments and meetings with important people everyday. So my mom ran out and bought this product. Worst idea. It lightened all of the bleached (orange) parts of my hair and turned parts green. It also dried out my hair. So not only did this product not do what it was supposed to do, it messed up my hair even worse. I'm in an emergency if you have any ideas what to do now please let me know!!!

I have been colouring my hair for over five years, two perms, several bleachings, I have done blondes, browns, red, purple, and BLACK. About five months ago I had my hair bleached and coloured fire truck red. I got tired of the upkeep so I went brown but there was still a lot of red and it was fading fast so I went black, since then I bleached some parts once more then recoloured black several more times. Talk about damage! After reading a bunch of reviews I decided I wanted to get rid of the plain old black even though I pull it off well. Having a friend help me we went through the awful long process and the colour started lifting after only a few minutes! I shampooed a ton then put in leave in conditioner and am very happy with the light medium brown that it gave me (: I also shampooed a few more times tonight and am using an olive oil hair mask that was very cheap and smells great to help with the little extra damage I got from this product. I will definitely use again! Following directions is very important that is why people generally don't get good results because they don't read it all (;

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have been dying my own hair for about 15 years. Last summer I was almost blonde after numerous foils. It was way to much upkeep so I went medium brown and eventually dark dark brown (almost black). I'm naturally a medium brown. The dark color was washing me out. I read about this product and was really nervous to try it based on some of the not so great reviews. I purchased two boxes since my hair is past my shoulders. (I only needed one.). Followed the directions to the letter. I used Aussie 3 minute hair repair after the long rinse time. I was anticipating a disgusting smell after reading the reviews, but I didn't think it was that bad, just be in a well ventilated room. I was expecting to have to re color my hair after using the product, but I am one of the lucky ones. The color it left was a medium brown with reddish tones which I actually love. The Aussie conditioner helped my hair a ton and I was expecting much more dryness and damage. To anyone who was like me, I have had about 10 different colors and about 20 applications in the past year of box die and this worked awesome for me. I have done a lot of stupid things to my hair but this will not go down as one of them. Love this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product!!! i dyed my light brown hair a semi-permanent reddish/dark brown this summer, and wanted to go back to my original color. Color Oops worked so well, and I went right back to my natural color after only one use of the product! definitely recommend and definitely would buy again! :D

I'm so disappointed with this product. I really wanted it to work but unfortunately this was a miss for me.
I had dyed my hair black over a light brown and wanted sort of an ombre look,
so i used this on the bottom half of my hair
at first it was super light! almost blonde and i was very happy with the results. however after showering, it turned into a medium brown
after a second shower the next day, it's practically black again.
very disappointing. And expensive!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product works! I have colored my hair dark ash brown about 8-9 times in last 18 months and Color Opps removed most of the color. The worst part was rinsing your hair for 20 minutes, which dried my hair out. But a good conditioner took care of that. I was really worried about the smell, but it wasn't bad. I suggest throwing all used products away, like tie in a bag and put outside, once product is applied to hair (gloves, bottles etc) that seemed to be where the smell was coming from. I didn't really notice a lingering smell on my hair either. I highly recommend this over stripping or bleaching your hair. I bought two boxes because I have long hair, but got away with only using one. I'm going to keep the extra on hand just in case. And you can print $1 off coupon from their website.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So let me say this: Color Ooops is a LIFESAVER. I've committed some horrific mistakes with regard to haircolor--namely, using a Japanese product to get a darker haircolor, only to have it turn BLACK--and Color Ooops let me remove the haircolor the very next morning before anyone could see the catastrophe.

But because it had been a vegetable dye, I'd had to use Color Oops several times to fully remove the color: each time I used a regular permanent haircolor after the disaster, I got dark hair. Gradually, though, after a total of three to four uses of Color Ooops, I could use a regular haircoloring product once again.

But if a non-vegetable-based color is what you use, one thorough wash with Color Ooops should be sufficient, which is why I give it 5 stars.

I bought a box to keep on hand and ended up using it today. My hair had a build up of orange and yellow pigments from using "golden" demi colors, and I want to try a more neutral/cool brown. I knew I needed to get rid of the old dye pigments before introducing another color, so I used this product. I am very impressed. I plan to dye tomorrow (I wanted to wait a day to let my scalp build up protective oils), so I just used oops, shampooed, conditioned, and then added no products -- just used the hair dryer. I love the outcome so much I almost hate to add dye tomorrow. My hair is shiny and silky, as if the oops clarified everything nasty out of my hair. I can't stop touching my hair.

The smell is nasty, and will linger in your house. It smells like rotten eggs or septic sewage. Your hair won't small that bad when you're finished, but your house will.

The directions do say that your hair will be more porous, so your hair may pull more ash tones from color next time use dye. I plan to use a filler (Neutral Protein Filler) before I dye. Hopefully that will help. Otherwise, I'll just use oops again.