April 17, 2014 | 1510 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Fluid Master Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this again? Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes!!! This is hands down my HQ primer performing better than any other primer I have ever used! And I use primer a lot, so I have tried pretty much the most of the different primers out there!

Now, primers are not the kind of stuff that falls under the category of one size fits all! Primers perform differently depending on skin type, level of sensitivity, expected result and so on. And this is not a solution for all different kinds of expected results either. But for my specific needs this one is absolutely perfect!

I have dry skin that needs a lot of moisture to stay smooth all day, and a consequence from that is foundation easily slides and has a hard time staying fresh and true to color all day. This primer creates the perfect canvas locking the moisture in my skin and keeping the foundation in it's place all day. Nothing budges on top of this. It keeps anything that goes on top in its place all day!

I also have a bit enlarged pores, something I have in common with quite a few women with dry skin in my age bracket. This primer really fills out my pores and makes my foundation look ultra smooth and my skin looking better compared to anything else I have ever tried. Most of the time I don't even need to use powder to set it! At least if I choose a bit more matte foundation! No other primer I own or have tried have ever come close to smoothing out the looks of pores better than this one!

This primer does not give any radiance or contains any shimmering or glow imparting ingredients. It is a straight forward silicone based primer, but still not at all the same as for instance smashbox primer that has a similar consistency. It is better! At least for my specific needs and my particular skin type!

I also love the packaging. It comes in a sleek tube that easily travels in my makeup bag, keeping it handy at all times. Avery little also goes a very long way. A tiny dollop spread over my cheeks and t-zone is all I need. So even if this is ridiculously expensive it lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really want to like primers - but alas, this is another fail for me. It does go on well enough and sure enough, my makeup (for the record, GA Lasting Silk) looks airbrushed immediately after i'm done.

Fast forward 2 hours and my oil is starting to show, I have combination skin, but even this rapid rate of shine is a record! Skip along to the end of my day and not only am i shinier than i ever normally would be, my foundation is resembling a map of the world - sort of patchy and lumpy, coagulated in some areas and completely gone in others.

I didn't buy this, i got it as a sample when i purchased the foundation - however, i am sure it's expensive and so i'd have to say - what a waste.

Can i officially give up on primers now?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by gisal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer makes the skin look flawless. I put this on in the morning followed by Luminous Silk Foundation in the Armani line and it lasts all day. I have tried several primers and either they make my skin break out or they don't hold the foundation so I'm reapplying it throughout the day. This primer is great for sensitive skin and it really works! I hope it never leaves the market because there is nothing else like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by carolino

- Laura Mercier
- Smashbox
- Clinique

Pro's:
+ easy to blend, but I highly recommend blending it into the skin with a sponge.
+ keeps my foundation from clumping and slipping off (I currently live in a very humid place)
+ makes my pores disappear
+ less greasy than Smashbox
+ doesn't break me out
+ keeps my makeup on max. 6 hours without touching up
+ most importantly --> when I blot with my Clean & Clear Oil controlling sheets during mid-day, my makeup doesn't come off with it!! :) so no more touch ups after blotting!

Con's:
+ for some reason, it's not really great at keeping my liquid concealer on - only great at keeping liquid foundation.
+ my face gets really shiny & greasy after an hour or 2 of applying the primer. but after blotting only once during the day, it was fine.
+ I use a lot more foundation after using this primer, the primer seems to disperse and absorb my liquid foundation.

Overall, great quality - a bit expensive. I think I'll try the Giorgio Armani Professional Makeup Primer next time and compare the consistency.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Phuongthaovnhn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to buy this one but :(... I found no advantage with it just disadvantages.
It works as a primer but it makes my face looks greasy, feel not comfortable...
I have paid almost 45 euro for this good-looking tube in Stockholm and will not buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always maintained that if a foundation is really that good you shouldn't need to use a primer. Having said that, if I am going to use a primer it is this one. A little goes a long way - a 0.1 fl oz sample lasted about 2 weeks, applied every day. I have used both Armani LSF and Armani LSF UV with it and in both cases I could get away with one pump of foundation instead of two, when applied over the primer. I especially like this under LSF UV, which is a tiny bit drying on my skin without the primer. Unlike other primers, this doesn't make me break out, even after weeks of daily use. I'm taking one lippie off for the price, $55 for a 1 oz tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this primer. It did a great job of smoothing out my skin. Its a clear gel and it has a smooth texture. The only drawback is the price but since I'm a "primer queen" I have enough primers and mattifyers to rotate it. I'll definitely be keeping it in my top 5.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I tried it hoping it would be better than the Smashbox primer but it's achieve the exact same effect as me using the SB primer. My face gets greasy after a few hours but it doesn't get as greasy as if I used the SB primer. But it's overpriced for something that works the same as SB primer.

The packaging quality is bad you can't see how much you have left.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Athough I don't always wear primers, I got this one during a trip to Seattle. I usually hate silicone-based primers because they make me feel as if they totally block my pores and that my skin suffocates under them (which is why they make so many people break out; I stay clear away from Smashbox' s Photofinish, for example). But this one gave me a pleasant surprise. If it has any silicone in it, it must be very little. It does have the slippery feeling of silicone, but I don't get the feeling my skin is covered beyond the ability to breathe. Foundations look nice on it, and it does not make me break out. I don't know if it keeps oil at bay. After years of battling oily (now a bit less) skin, I found out the hard way that nothing really keeps the oil from showing eventually. I prefer to use blotting papers. Much healthier for your skin, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Kieks39

UGHHHHH this stuff feels so greasy I was dying to wash my face the entire evening after I applied it and tested it under my makeup. I rec'd in a swap and I think both of us thought this was the more highly rated GA professional primer... I didn't know he made two.... so I got this one instead and it was just yucky. Maybe for mature skin it might feel like it is "relieving" some tightness or dryness... but for normal skin, I found the sensation to be greasy and too slick. It definitely works but lots of primers work without making you want to run and wash your face 10 seconds after you apply it. Also I found the hard plastic squeeze bottle pretty stiff and hard to push product out of. Not impressed with the packaging, either.
And I apologize but I have to disagree with other reviews, this is not at all like smashbox... smashbox is smooth, silky, and mattifying, and feels like heaven to put on.